zunnyman

I created a powerful meditation technique for releasing heavy emotions

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

So just some background, I personally have OCD. And obsessive thoughts like that can become exhausting and take so much mental energy, and some become so habitual sometimes you forget what it's like to live without it. 

You may not have OCD, but I'm sure you have certain emotional struggles, like big fears surrounding those identities which you are most attached to or care about the most. 

I've been playing with 2 techniques over the past year: Sedona method and the do nothing technique. Now Sedona is highly unique from all the meditation techniques out there because it targets specific emotional problems, which is great for letting go of targeted emotional problems. Most other meditation techniques out there do spiritual purification and release emotions without targeting specific emotions. And even if it does target specific emotions, I don't think it can go as deep as what I'm about to explain. 

So yeah Sedona is great. But the problem with Sedona method, in my opinion is that it doesn't go deep enough. It involves a lot of "you" questioning, and you actively participating to do release. It's cognitive, uses mind to release mind. 

Now the "do nothing" technique goes very deep. It keeps going meta and meta, and for something like OCD that is amazing because you get under all that shit and keep going deeper and deeper underneath all those OCD type patterns, and overthinking, fear and all the other crap underlying that. 

But the do nothing technique is still just simply you doing nothing and seeing where that takes you, which can be anywhere. And for this specific purpose, I want to help you release deep and heavy emotional problems. 

So for this, I recommend trying this specific practice: 

The "do nothing" technique but directing it and not moving away from the specific emotional problem you want to release. Meditate on your emotional problem only, don't stray away from that until you go more and more meta doing the "do nothing" technique. I'm not sure if this is making sense. It is also subtle, what I'm explaining. But it works great. This technique is influenced by the sedona method because you are taking 1 specific emotional problem and going as meta as possible on that, unlike most meditation techniques. But this technique is also not a plain "do nothing" technique because you're not just being random here. 

Hopefully this makes sense. Try it out because this did absolute wonders for me. I spent 10 mins doing this on an emotional problem thats been bothering me for a while, and I had an instant release because I went very meta on it. 

(also disclaimer: I don't know if I entirely made this up. I personally haven't seen this technique being taught anywhere. I have seen very close examples like mindfulness meditation with labeling - but that doesn't go as meta on an emotional problem as what I'm saying) 

Try it out. I just want people to be happier. That was the goal of this post. 

Just wanted to add on to what I wrote above. 

I just did another meditation session of this and had a different version you could try along with the one above. 

You'll find that by meditating and doing the "do nothing" technique, you obviously have a monkey mind that thinks about hundreds of things. So by nature, if you are trying to meditate on one specific emotional problem, and your mind keeps going in all kinds of directions, and you keep trying to re-direct to the emotional problem, this again creates some of the problem of "you" doing something to release, and prevents you from going deeper. 

So what I also tried is this: Do the "do nothing" technique. When the mind goes in other directions, let it go. Accept and allow whatever comes up to go more and more meta. But when you get a chance, do a very slight "re-direction" in the form of a conscious remembering of the emotional problem. And as the mind keeps going in many directions, you keep letting it, just like the regular "do nothing". But from time to time, do the very slight "re-direction" in the form of a conscious remembering of the emotional problem. The more you go meta, and meditate and release on your emotional problem, the more and more of it you release completely from your consciousness, until it completely leaves. (Sedona method reference) So the more you work on that emotional problem, the more it goes away. 

@zunnyman It makes perfect sense. I'm gonna try it, and it sounds like a tool everyone should have in their tool belt. Thanks for the post!

The road to God is paved with bliss.