billiesimon

Leo, is this the Super Mind you were talking about? Inquiry report

24 posts in this topic

I've tried to improve my sober self inquiry thanks to this video:

@Leo Gura you mentioned two dimensions of waking up, one towards no-mind, another towards god-mind.

The God Mind route passes through the Super Mind, some sort of active and awakening mind, which is not egoic in nature.

MY SOBER EXPERIENCE OF SEEKING SUPER MIND:

Since I generally have problems having insights with the no mind route, and even in psychedelic trips I tend to use an active mind to gain knowledge and oneness, I've started to train for several weeks on this active mind route.

I've discovered that I can intentionally focus my mind only on debunking self deceptions, beliefs, ego structures, thoughts, emotions etc. It works like some sort of metaphysical voice which is very intelligent and sharp and notices all the mental dynamics of my identity. I'm also quite good and sharp in shadow work thanks to this feature I'm training.

I've discovered through sober self inquiry, during a walk in the park alone, that this sort of metaphysically-oriented mind is very powerful and puts me in a state of PRESENCE and stillness, while at the SAME TIME the mind is very active and in debunk mode.

What do I mean with debunk mode? Here are some examples:

"There is no home left behind. You have no perceptions of home, there is no home right now. You are imagining it."

"There is no time. Time is a concept you are using to lead a practical life. There is no trace of time in this present experience."

"You call yourself Billiesimon, but that's just a name you gave yourself."

Monkey mind: "No, my parents gave it to me"

Super mind: "No, YOU are calling yourself Billiesimon RIGHT NOW, can you see it? You are remembering. Remembering means that you are observing a thought. That thought is not real. You decided to call "memory" a thing which is just a random thought. YOu have no actual memories."

Monkey mind: "Stop doing this. I have a life. This world right here is happening and it has objetcts and it changes."

Super mind: "No, you are just observing forms. The voice that is talking to me is also the voice which is creating meaning and direction and timelines. That voice is responsible for the meaning you find in life, and for the time progression too."

And all these sort of things..... It's basically a form of Inquiring Mind that I have developed over two years of spiritual work and hardcore study of metaphysics and shadow work. 

This voice is very sharp and neutral, and after some time that it shows me the mental dynamics it starts to CREEP ME OUT, and I tend to leave it alone after a while. 
Because I have a life plan and projects.

Right now, while writing this, the "super mind" is making me aware that my life projects and my interests are keeping me ASLEEP. I am aware of this. It's really creepy. Because I don't want to awake completely right now. I genuinely feel the desire to remain just 5-10% awake (or whatever it is).  

I feel like I am awake yet I am too afraid to be awake. I can't explain it, Leo. I don't want to sound arrongant. It's just that I feel at a deep stomach level that this life is going on just because I cling onto desires and projects. I can feel that. It's creepy and eerie. That's why I feel that I'm both awake and asleep. I'm not enlightened at all, just to be clear. It's a weird feeling. 

The feeling of knowing that I can dismantle it all with this super mind and lose all sense of reality. But I don't want to. I will do it in the future, after realizing my projects and interests. I'm too young to see life as mere perceptions floating in the void. Even though I've already seen it.

Sorry for the long post. Of course I've also been told and demonstrated by the Super MInd that there are no others, because the ego mind is imagining others. Of course god is imagining others, but the direct responsible for others is the Ego Mind. Because Ego Mind keeps on telling stories and beliefs and feeling emotions related to "others". 

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be asking anybody, Leo :( But it's really scary. Especially because it's sober. Psychedelics are an excuse, just a plot tool, for the movie.

I haven't taken psychs for at least 7 months, and yet I'm becoming slowly and slowly more aware.....

Yeah. Psychs are just part of the plot.

Give me your opinion, Leo. Also the other members :) Thanks a lot.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

That's not what I refer to as supermind. That is more like contemplative/philosophical mind. Contemplation can be very powerful in cutting through the human bullshit and it makes you more alert and aware, like when you are solving a math problem. You have to be clear about it. Or when you are doing self-inquiry work.

That's all good. Keeping doing that.

But supermind is beyond that. It is beyond the capacities of the normal sober human mind. Supermind feels like your mind's IQ was upgraded to 1000+, allowing you to think new kinds of thoughts which are simply not possible for a regular human to think. Supermind feels like how a highly advanced alien being would think if he had a brain 10x your size.

Accessing supermind requires either psychedelics or some altered state of consciousness attained through intense spiritual practice. When you start to be able to think impossible things, that's when you can tell supermind is coming online.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can you give an example of an impossible thing thought with supermind? Like what. What do you mean by new kinds of thoughts?

Realizing you are constructing the entire universe is a good one lol

It reminds me on some Mushroom Experience, my thoughts got so big, every interaction tracked back to the beginnings of the universe, I saw the relation between what someone was saying and how Language developed, how culture developed and why he is saying this right now. So many different axioms and aspects got tracked in my Mind at the same time. All the time  I was thinking: how is it possible to think these thoughts/ how is my mind able to do this. Maybe it is something like this.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's not what I refer to as supermind. That is more like contemplative/philosophical mind. Contemplation can be very powerful in cutting through the human bullshit and it makes you more alert and aware, like when you are solving a math problem. You have to be clear about it. Or when you are doing self-inquiry work.

That's all good. Keeping doing that.

But supermind is beyond that. It is beyond the capacities of the normal sober human mind. Supermind feels like your mind's IQ was upgraded to 1000+, allowing you to think new kinds of thoughts which are simply not possible for a regular human to think. Supermind feels like how a highly advanced alien being would think if he had a brain 10x your size.

Accessing supermind requires either psychedelics or some altered state of consciousness attained through intense spiritual practice. When you start to be able to think impossible things, that's when you can tell supermind is coming online.

Very nice. :) Thanks for the explanation, I'm very interested in achieving supermind, especially for metaphysical purposes.

I guess that the classic meditative techniques (no mind oriented) are not good for that. Should I invest more effort into self inquiry and active contemplation to move towards supermind? I have noticed that the more I contemplate the more I become intelligent about emotions, thoughts, shadows etc. I'm also becoming good at connecting topics and several areas of existence together, like a unified holistic topic. But it's still a human form of intelligence, I recognize. :D

What sober skills do you recommend to invest into?

Inquire in the now.

3 hours ago, Godishere said:

Realizing you are constructing the entire universe is a good one lol

I'm pretty sure that this is the purest form of what we call supermind :D

Inquire in the now.

@billiesimon true. Maybe I've become more conscious that I give myself credit. For me these realizations were just blindingly obvious. I never really had to force anything... Just some really good LSD, some contemplation/ self inquiry and it's instantaneous. I really don't understand why others don't see it.

Tell me/show me something that is not super-mind (i.e. magic, imagination, God, Consciousness, Love).

What is hindering you from seeing the magic of existence is your clinging to old conditioned ways of (social) survival.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

6 hours ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Can you give an example of an impossible thing thought with supermind? Like what. What do you mean by new kinds of thoughts?

No, because your mind cannot imagine it.

You'll only understand once you're there.

7 hours ago, bazera said:

You have to die (as in surrendering all old beliefs, letting go) to see clearly again. Seeing clearly is seeing supermind.

And it has nothing to do with thoughts.

Thoughts/language are/is the (illusory) finite, conditioned mind's way of operating (out of ego, ignorance, fear, survival).

This is about pure consciousness, pure magic, divine imagination, mystical intuition, deep FEELING.

It's not about (linear) thinking.

'Knowledge' is but a 'rumor' until it is FELT in the 'bones'.

"Looking at a sunset, just for a second you forget your separateness: you are the sunset. That is the moment when you feel the beauty of it. But the moment you say that it is a beautiful sunset, you are no longer feeling it; you have come back to your separate, enclosed entity of the ego. Now the mind is speaking.

And this is one of the mysteries, that the mind can speak, and knows nothing; and the heart knows everything, and cannot speak.

Perhaps to know too much makes it difficult to speak; the mind knows so little, it is possible for it to speak..."

- Osho 

? ? ? ⚖️ ♎ ♾️ ☯️ ? ?

"If separate physical things fell apart, there’d then be more parts. If the belief in separate things falls apart… non-separation, or wholeness, Truth, already is." - Nahm ?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Supermind still involves thinking, but of a highly nonlinear, abstract, and trans-rational sort.

Thinking is not the enemy. Thinking gets supercharged as consciousness rises.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Supermind still involves thinking, but of a highly nonlinear, abstract, and trans-rational sort.

That sounds amazing. I really want to reach that sooner or later.

Thought and emotion are extremely powerful and have a huge impact on perception, and also on manifestation of reality (especially beliefs).

Reaching levels of trans-rational thinking seems to involve huge amounts of creative and understanding power :o

Inquire in the now.

I think I had super mind on LSD. It feels like one is super mature: higher elevation thinking.

In Tate we trust

"No Mind" is not the goal of "traditional meditative enlightenment."  This statement by Leo is simply incorrect, and therefore the distinction of a consciousness axis that is God-mind to No-mind is also incorrect.  [This highlights a blindspot of forsaking meditation/self-inquiry for only psychedelics, IMO]

Mind itself is a distinction, without which the experience of "thought" could not exist except as a raw perception [Ralston, Genius of Being].  Mind is a distinction that is only possible by considering oneself to be separate and limited.  For God to be a mind, you must project the distinction of mind onto Reality.  This is a subtle but terrible Map vs Territory error.  God is that which is the source of all distinctions yet none of them, yet also not separate from them.  The same mistake applies to Self and Consciousness.  Why do you believe everything is Consciousness?  Only because you cannot imagine a universe that isn't "known" by something such as consciousness.  That does not mean, however, that such a universe isn't possible.  Why do you believe God has a "self"?  Only because you are still looking from within your "self", and cannot conceive of an experience lacking such.  But GOD IS NOT AN EXPERIENCE, but the source of all of them.  Even existence and imagination are concepts, themselves more limited than Reality.

Everything you think, absolutely everything, is MORE limited than Reality, even your idea of Absolute Infinity.  Even using the word Reality is wrong, because "realness" is a fabrication too.  Pure, limitless, infinitely intelligent imagination isn't even IT.  Why?  Because we can conceive of it.  Where does this leave us?  Nowhere.  Not Knowing.  The Mystery.  The last surrender is that of understanding itself.  But this is very advanced, as Leo loves to say.

And it leaves you Right. Here. Right. Now.  The universe dances.  This is it.

Edited by Flyboy

4 hours ago, Flyboy said:

even your idea of Absolute Infinity.

Your idea of Absolute Infinity is not Absolute Infinity. But also it is ;)

Your post simply butts up against the final limit of language. Any words or methods you use to communicate will be dualistic by definition. The point is to understand that and embrace it.

Just know that if I do shrooms tomorrow night, it's y'all's fault. I want to see this super-mind stuff now haha

On 24.6.2021 at 10:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

On 24.6.2021 at 8:12 AM, bazera said:

You got it backwards, sorry to burst your bubble, Leo. You are putting the cart before the horse here.

Sure, the outcome is (almost, but not quite) the same, but "what comes before the *outcome* ('high consciousness, supermind')" is not 'a rising in consciousness' but simply a *letting go* of the 'poor-little-me-contraction' (ego).

When the contraction is *deeply relaxed* (when ego is surrendered), what is left is what was always there: *Pure Divine Intelligent Self-Less Imagination*, which is beyond/before thoughts/mind.

Sure, what 'little of contraction' that is still left may filter the Divine Imagination *through* 'thoughts', sure, but 'from where' "what is perceived as thoughts" 'come from', is: <God's Infinite Loving Good Selfless Playful Imagination>, i.e. Your True Self (The Selfless Self).

When 'One' completely relaxes, surrenders ego infinitely; everything is now, then, seen to be Perfect: Consciousness with no separation, no 'levels', Oneness with no fragmentation, Selflessness with no self, Love with no evil, Play with no seriousness, Imagination with nothing real, Infinite Contentment with no dissatisfaction, Infinite Freedom with no imprisonment.

On 26.6.2021 at 2:05 AM, Flyboy said:

"No Mind" is not the goal of "traditional meditative enlightenment."  This statement by Leo is simply incorrect, and therefore the distinction of a consciousness axis that is God-mind to No-mind is also incorrect.  [This highlights a blindspot of forsaking meditation/self-inquiry for only psychedelics, IMO]

Mind itself is a distinction, without which the experience of "thought" could not exist except as a raw perception [Ralston, Genius of Being].  Mind is a distinction that is only possible by considering oneself to be separate and limited.  For God to be a mind, you must project the distinction of mind onto Reality.  This is a subtle but terrible Map vs Territory error.  God is that which is the source of all distinctions yet none of them, yet also not separate from them.  The same mistake applies to Self and Consciousness.  Why do you believe everything is Consciousness?  Only because you cannot imagine a universe that isn't "known" by something such as consciousness.  That does not mean, however, that such a universe isn't possible.  Why do you believe God has a "self"?  Only because you are still looking from within your "self", and cannot conceive of an experience lacking such.  But GOD IS NOT AN EXPERIENCE, but the source of all of them.  Even existence and imagination are concepts, themselves more limited than Reality.

Everything you think, absolutely everything, is MORE limited than Reality, even your idea of Absolute Infinity.  Even using the word Reality is wrong, because "realness" is a fabrication too.  Pure, limitless, infinitely intelligent imagination isn't even IT.  Why?  Because we can conceive of it.  Where does this leave us?  Nowhere.  Not Knowing.  The Mystery.  The last surrender is that of understanding itself.  But this is very advanced, as Leo loves to say.

And it leaves you Right. Here. Right. Now.  The universe dances.  This is it.

Top tier post. Thank you! ?

Reality is absolutely, fundamentally mind-blowingly *Infinite in Infinite Eternal ways* -- beyond all 'ideas of Infinity', yes. And every 'understanding of reality' is really just a drop in an infinite ocean: limited, not-*IT*, 

I had this mind-blowingly intimate insight of the Infinity of Infinity (scope of Infinity) yesterday on 20 mg 2cb + weed when I was out partying with strangers in Copenhagen.

Basically, it dawned on me that even though I have never felt more awake & liberated than I am feeling right now, this summer in my life, "my freedom, awakening, enlightenment, understanding, knowledge, selflessnessis" is STILL only a fucking tiny drop in the Infinite Eternal Bottomless Ocean of Love & Imagination that is GOD: Absolute Infinity ♾️?♾️☯️♾️...............