Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heart of Space

Advanced Alien Species Sends Hitler Speech to Humanity

2 posts in this topic

Watch this scene.

Stop and contemplate what you saw and then continue reading my post.  

Now, in your interpretation, why do you think an alien species would send something that could perceived as so inflammatory to highly fearful beings?  It's completely open to interpretation.  

Now I haven't looked up what the writers intended, or what Sagan himself intended, but I have my own interpretation.  I believe it to be quite profound if you sit and ponder it.  

The further you move away from earth, the older the signals that originate from earth get.  So effectively what you know is that these aliens have received the signals which preceded one of the darkest moments on human history.  What's clear is these aliens are communicating that they have seen, or are about to see everything after that moment in time.  The greatest human atrocities, the things that we as humans have the most shame for.  

What I think they are trying to do is, say that "we communicate to you with the full knowledge of your greatest atrocities, and we still want humanity to participate in the greater macrocosm of the universe."  

The subtext of that being that even though human beings have suffered great evil at their own hands you should not have shame in it because it is a natural part of evolution and growth for human kind.  The beings of this higher civilization do not demonize humanity for their past, but they know that human beings themselves have to come to terms with the darkest shadow's of their past.  

You guys should really watch this movie.  It's a gem.