RMQualtrough

Does localized consciousness (the self) dissolve naturally with time?

44 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yeah. That resonates with my experience aswell. There is first the realization and honeymoon period of no ego and then ego returns and your work becomes more of an untwining of egoic thought and feeling. It seems like the gap between identification and seeing gets smaller and smaller with time and as you do the work. 

Yup :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

Misidentification sounds like there is something wrong with it. It's a natural evolvement happening.

There's nothing right or wrong with anything, it's the conditioning that makes it seem so.

It's all one and it's aware or conscious however you want to put it.

Then that's what's being experienced there. It's a whole complete and perfect. ❤

The illusory character is just thought. Transcending that is just the tip of the iceberg. 

It's more than just a thought, it's a self-centered experience within the body(I am here and everything else is out there) but it's an illusion.

The word transcendence implies there was something real in the first place that could eventually be transcended. 

An illusion by its very nature of not being anything real simply cannot be transcended. 

Yes it's an unknowing.

Unknowing is not a something.

That emptiness is you but the only one holding onto freedom is the separate self.

Emptiness is not a thing, so it can't be "YOU". 

Yes the "sense of self" can seem to hold onto the concept of freedom. 

When the "self" is recognized to be unreal, freedom for No One is the case.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

There's nothing right or wrong with anything, it's the conditioning that makes it seem so.

?

Yes the "sense of self" can seem to hold onto the concept of freedom. 

?

?

@WelcometoReality 

"You" are trying to figure things out which reinforces the belief that there is a separate "You" that can find an answer to everything.

But WHO is trying to figure things out?

What does WHO consist of?

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi