BlackMaze

How do i convince someone to hire me?

14 posts in this topic

I will a have a job interview for a job that i want and need. So far i have been more honest in interviews than i should even if i try not to. What does someone that hires people want to hear? 

@Raphael yeah i know but the thing is that i don't care about this kind of jobs. I could have more career capital if i wanted to but i just want something that pays good enough and it's close to me. I got sick of all of it already in my training. The goal is to escape jobs not to get a better job. 

@BlackMaze

A ‘better job’ then, is a job which is oriented toward no job, just as Job suffered only to realized there is no Job. 

To be conditional, is to be oriented to unconditional. To enjoy the journey is divine. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Well... I don't know you strategy, nor if your working on something aside. If it's the case, I hope that this is helping you towards your goal. Another perspective on that is also that a job can be used as a ladder: you get a job -> you gain some experience -> you use this experience to escape wage slavery.

Edited by Raphael

@Raphael i'm not going to escape wage slavery no matter how much experience i get. The only thing this could give me is a somewhat bigger salary. To work on something aside is one of the plans. To invest is another plan. To work some years to leave this country is a third plan. 

@Nahm

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@BlackMaze

A ‘better job’ then, is a job which is oriented toward no job, just as Job suffered only to realized there is no Job. 

To be conditional, is to be oriented to unconditional. To enjoy the journey is divine. 

You are right... I should enjoy it. This is the solution. I just don't feel so big at the moment. I keep preferring to complain it seems. 

I had to take a nap first to understand what you meant. The moving from point a to point b. 

Edited by BlackMaze

Depends on how you approach it. But, developing a mindset of service is important. Got somewhere you want to work? Maybe you need to start by washing the floor, or dishes, or doing basic admin work part time, or just going to events and meeting people. Sometimes you just need to just into the stream and provide value whether it pays you right away or not. 

Don't think so much like you are convincing, but finding a way to serve.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art this is good advice for life purpose maybe but not necessarily for a job. I already have skills that at least some people are willing to pay for. It's just that i hate this country, these jobs and the people i interact with. I was convincing enough to schedule a test day. I need a stable job that earns me good enough money and other than that i will focus on what is important. My goal is to work for myself one day. I hate being an employee. I'm nowhere near accomplishing this. 

I'd find out about what they are looking for in an employee. There are certain things they are looking for when interviewing you. Job specific skills is one thing. This can be expertise in a given area such as engineering, IT, Digital art, VFX. There's also another important thing that is intrapersonal skills that are valued highly in the context of the job you're applying for.

In a sales job, it would be for example neccessary that you are a pro-active person. Not passive. You need strong interpersonal skills, empathy, insight into the psychology of the costumer, strong presence & conviction, ability to play with tension, friendly aura, result-orientated, etc. They will ask you directly about if you have these skills, but also indirectly by asking about your past experiences. You have to be able to connect the dots so you show that you have these skills. You have to give strong examples that show you have the experience and competence. So i'd find out about what intrapersonal skills are neccessary for your job and display your charachter and experience in a way that they really feel like you embody all those traits/skills they are looking for.

Then there's also another important factor and that's your presence itself when you are being interviewed. You can give these perfect logical answers and have the perfect resume, but if you don't fit the personality type they are looking for, you're automatically being weeded out. You want to appear confident, motivated and enthusiastic. No one wants to hire someone who speaks emotionally flatlined and does not really care. But if you really want the job, show your motivation and really make them feel it. But don't be needy as well. Make a strong first impression. 

Also don't be fully honest if it doesn't fit their agenda. Always express in relationship to what fits their agenda.

And make sure to have good communication. Resume should look good, no grammatical mistakes, dress nice, smell good.

Depends on the job, but for technical jobs, all I care about is if you're skilled, resourceful, and creative - in that order.

It's like with friends or with dating. People want the best they can get.

In a Job Interview they look mainly for two things

1. Do you fit into the team

2. Can you do the job

(Positioning might change, depending on the job)

Best way is to get to know the people who hire you before the interview. Second best is during the interview.