mivafofa

Why psychedelics strips away my gender and sexuality?

22 posts in this topic

Quite interesting topic. From my personal experience of "tripping", when I've had a few experiences with lsd, I mostly did it on my own, so I have not much to say about how I felt towards my partner. Yet I could clearly see that I wasn't interested in sexual connection at all, during those. Even when at once I've been among many other people I rather felt extreme ease in connecting, but no sexual or physical desire arose out of it. It just didn't felt interesting enough at those moments. While when I did some weed at some times, it made me sexually interested a lot. Although, regarding your question, I did not feel a melt-off of my "male-ness" at any of those. Apart from the total disappearance of physical reality into "death-space", but I guess it's a bit irrelevant here.

think that in all religious traditions of all cultures (that I know of) sexual abstention has been promoted among priests. Suppose this comes from imitating the true spontaneous asexuality that seems to occur in many true enlightened and mystical ones. I think that in heightened states of consciousness sexuality declines, or at least changes. I think there may be a type of enlightened sexuality (I'm not sure), but it is normal for the more instinctive, animal sexuality to decline as consciousness rises