Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

Identity, Stories and Beyond

3 posts in this topic

So humans seem to have all kinds of stories of "where I came from and why", from Purple myths to Blue religious texts to Orange science and perhaps Tier 2 metaphysical ideas etc. These stories play an important role in our minds in an existential sense. The surviving entity needs a role / identity with a past and a future - there needs to be something that survives in order to survive. Survival is kind of a strange loop perhaps.

Perhaps what we are doing here with our spirituality stuff is simply trancend these stories, see them for what they are (stories) and choose what brings greater feeling and inspiration. The trancended self itself has no story / purpose / meaning / survival, but gives life to them.

Am I starting to 'get it'?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Survival seems to be happening but no one is doing it.

The individual doer of life is an illusion.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

18 hours ago, roopepa said:

So humans seem to have all kinds of stories of "where I came from and why", from Purple myths to Blue religious texts to Orange science and perhaps Tier 2 metaphysical ideas etc. These stories play an important role in our minds in an existential sense. The surviving entity needs a role / identity with a past and a future - there needs to be something that survives in order to survive. Survival is kind of a strange loop perhaps.

Perhaps what we are doing here with our spirituality stuff is simply trancend these stories, see them for what they are (stories) and choose what brings greater feeling and inspiration. The trancended self itself has no story / purpose / meaning / survival, but gives life to them.

Am I starting to 'get it'?

yes 

god has decided to create some art, all you see is his magnificence his munificence his majesty and most importantly you can see the one who sees it

god made his work (your world) to be ephemeral (all here is ever passing away)

so to end things, one day awakening is destined to happen, which is what it means to wake up to the dream

then you can enjoy your life as god enjoys his dominion with open mouthed incredulity and delight

you mean i did this?????

Edited by gettoefl