cookiemonster

Rupert Spira on Non-Dualism, Consciousness, God, and Death

23 posts in this topic

So I Just finished watching this 4-5 hour epic conversation that Curt Jaimungal had with Rupert Spira on Theories of Everything. It got me thinking whether it's only a matter of time before we see @Leo Gura speaking on this this show perhaps?

I don't understand the part where he says that The Infinite cannot know the finite, and that only the finite can know the finite.... Why would that be the case? 

2 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

I don't understand the part where he says that The Infinite cannot know the finite, and that only the finite can know the finite.... Why would that be the case? 

What is unlimited is unlimited.  It cannot be less than that or it will not be unlimited.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 But the infinite includes within it every finitude, does it not?  Wouldn’t that be to limit infinity to say that it cannot know the finite?  

27 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

@Inliytened1 But the infinite includes within it every finitude, does it not?  Wouldn’t that be to limit infinity to say that it cannot know the finite?  

Yeah it does... that's exactly what I thought when i first heard the term  - it does include  all finitudes...now - It can limit itself and know the finite by being finite but then its no longer in an infinite state...so that's what is meant by it cannot know the finite...but In that sense yes it can know the finite by being finite..

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Yeah it does... that's exactly what I thought when i first heard the term  - it does include  all finitudes...now - It can limit itself and know the finite by being finite but then its no longer in an infinite state...so that's what is meant by it cannot know the finite...but In that sense yes it can know the finite by being finite..

Sounds right to me. :) 

Quite a good interview.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When the infinite is embodied sort of speak (awakening) the finite is recognized to have never been real (Maya/illusion/misunderstanding).

Prior to this, the infinite can be somewhat intellectually understood but not embodied.

When liberation truly occurs the idea going back is not even applicable because it's recognized as never being real in the first place.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, SQAAD said:

When you have a dream of a beach, the moment you see any of the beach you are localized within the beach (a duality is created of observed and observer). It would not be possible to see the beach otherwise.

6 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

What he is basically saying is that infinity is not finite and finity is not infinite :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yeaaah it was a great interview!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Leo Gura are you in consense with what rupert spira talks about ? Or is there a point were he clearly fails to see something in your view? 

You mentioned, that spira thinks others do exist. However when I listened he often says the others are localisations inside consciousness (god) and therefore do not really exist from gods perspective.

Edited by OBEler

A really good watch good use of 4 hours I have to say. Spira is clearly very advanced it’s difficult to find much fault at all with what he communicates. But I do empathise with him a little. I see he’s still attached to this promise he made early in his life to not take drugs. He doesn’t condemn psychedelics but I’m not sure he grasps entirely the positives. Having such a deep understanding as he does I think he should be able to see through the fact that he doesn’t have to hold on to that promise to himself. He’s at an age where his life is sorted, he’s everything in place and is happy. It’s done. And has a deep understanding of consciousness. Why change that? But I would suggest that now would be the perfect time for him to eliminate that promise to himself and make use of psychedelics and explore consciousness more, in ways that he hasn’t yet invested in. His awakening would raise 10 fold in my opinion and who knows to what level of understanding it could lead him to. Maybe one could say why? What’s the need, he’s done all this without the use of psychedelics? But it could open so much more to him. Obviously it’s his personal preference and I’ve no issue with that. But I do think he’s missing out on so much when it comes to the exploration of consciousness 

@Dazgwny Psychedelics gave me total ego dissolution and turned me on to nonduality as a result. But I have made much more progress sober, going over the logic of the metaphysics and considering things in my daily life.

It might be of no use for Spira to use psychedelic drugs if he is already enlightened.

I have no interest in being enlightened but some elements come with the package of belief without much choice in the matter.

Edited by RMQualtrough

On 22/06/2021 at 10:29 PM, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura

Does God our unity consciousness remember all lives like "he/she" lived them ?

2 hours ago, knakoo said:

@Leo Gura

Does God our unity consciousness remember all lives like "he/she" lived them ?

You're just imagining that.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'd be more excited to see @Leo Gura on Rebel Wisdom. The Rebel Wisdom guys would understand Leo and are good interviewers.

@herghly Well Curt is obviously the most qualified for such an interview atm.

5 hours with Rupert Spira and the 5 hours were really insightful.

The biggest problem is that it's impossible to communicate everything in a few hours.

Curt is very intensively concentrated for hours and asks questions I didn't even know I had.

Rupert said it perfectly. Curt made him aware of things he didn't know he subconsciously believed, because of his ways of asking questions.

5 hours aren't enough, but it's a good start. Watch it,you'll see how revolutionary those conversations are.

10 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura Did you contact Curt? Can we gope to see you on that podcast one day? :)

I'm already excited!

Haven't looked into it yet.