AdamR95

Why pain feels so real?

17 posts in this topic

Why is pain so hard to deconstruct? I can see through pleasure and see it as my projection. I can walk trought world and see conscioussness constructing every duality and see the ilusory nature of it, like nothing is real. I can switch this realness of things on and off but when it gets to pain or uncomfortable situations there is a point when i cant see through it anymore. Why it is so hard? Is it possible to train yourself to deconstruct pain when its happening?

You were programmed since you were an infant to reject unpleasant sensations and experiences and embrace those who brings you pleasure. Over time this becomes an automatic response to the stimuli, making it hard to override. So it takes practice to cultivate new disposition towards every experience and sensations. The phrase "old habits die hard" might represent this impediment in a general sense. Of course, that being identified with a body and a self contributes much to the entire affair. Social norms also play a norm, because we have many social agreements that may be lurking in our mind and also cause us to generate experience of pain or rejection toward sensations or experiences.

The good thing is, that it is mostly generated by your mind, so you can change your entire approach toward "negative" experiences and sensations. As a human organism, our instincts are minimal and so they will only "take over" the mind when a real danger to the body is presented to the senses. This allows us to program almost every response in the social and physical domain.

Edited by Batman
Addition

@Batman it seems to me that when the pain reaches some level it takes control over you.

I had some experiences of seeing through pain (I mean strong pain when it seems impossible to accept) as ilusion but it is very rare and hard to maintain versus seeing through ilusion of pleasure.

Because it's vital for your physical survival.

I was watching a documentary the other day about a girl who was born without pain - that Is she didn't have such feeling at all. Long story short she poked out her eye with her finger when she was young, had a miserable life and died eventually. Notice how almost every living organism reacts to pain and the only reason for that is to survive.

18 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

Because it's vital for your physical survival.

I was watching a documentary the other day about a girl who was born without pain - that Is she didn't have such feeling at all. Long story short she poked out her eye with her finger when she was young, had a miserable life and died eventually. Notice how almost every living organism reacts to pain and the only reason for that is to survive.

@meow_meow My intetion is not to eliminate pain but to see through it. I can pursue and experience pleasure while being aware its my projection. But i struggle to experience pain and being aware its my projection, its way harder. Pleasure is vital to survival too, but pain is stronger trigger.

God made you foolproof, so you don't kill yourself with foolishness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, AdamR95 said:

Why is pain so hard to deconstruct? I can see through pleasure and see it as my projection. 

Possibly it's your projection that pain is hard to deconstruct. The desire to see the believe that we are a fragile thing that is subject to events, circumstances, things and other people is most intense when pain is present. That's essentially what pain is, desire to feel better. There is normally little desire to see through pleasure being attributed to a mind made cause. The lack of complaint present in pleasure is a taste of reality. If the pleasure is attributed to a thing, or circumstance that's the delusion and the birth of pain. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yeah it is very tough to see past pain, it is a very confusing sensation to me. Like, how can a sensation be inherently painful? or good? It certainly feels that way, I haven't had good luck transcending it.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God made you foolproof, so you don't kill yourself with foolishness.

@Leo Gura Your logic seems flawed.

There is understandable reason why to create a certain level of pain. For example the pain of a punch to the face, or a fall into the ground, or a headache. That kind of pains makes me already want to avoid them, and move towards pleasure.

But what about intense pain? That's just unnecessary. That was created out of pure curiosity of thinking "let's so far can I go hehehe".

The answer: God must be quite a twisted motherfucker.

@AdamR95 If you talk about physical pain, if it is intense it is difficult to bear, but once it passes, it remains as an anecdote. emotional or psychological pain is different. loss, humiliation, etc. This pain is 95% painful because you think it shouldn't be happening. if you accept that things are as they are, that reality is perfect, that free will is illusion, it loses almost all its force

@AdamR95 Beyond being human, the very foundation of a living being is suffering because the first priority of living is survival. The very foundation of you as an ego is pain. You want to deconstruct pain? You can't. You can only deconstruct yourself. Pain follows that (speaking towards the average healthy person) whether it's physical or emotional. 

1 minute ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Everybody's gangster until they have a toothache.

lol facts

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

There will always be some level of physical pain and of course awkward or uncomfortable situations arise....its the identification and resistance which turn them into a suffering story for the ME.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Leo Gura Your logic seems flawed.

There is understandable reason why to create a certain level of pain. For example the pain of a punch to the face, or a fall into the ground, or a headache. That kind of pains makes me already want to avoid them, and move towards pleasure.

But what about intense pain? That's just unnecessary. That was created out of pure curiosity of thinking "let's so far can I go hehehe".

The answer: God must be quite a twisted motherfucker.

push awareness into now, take each 1st letter

pain is a divine messenger and wise teacher telling you to prick up your ears and pay careful attention

don't make this error  again, don't go anywhere near it, don't mess with this stuff

like leo said it is god making you foolproof against your own foolishness

20 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

Why is pain so hard to deconstruct? I can see through pleasure and see it as my projection. I can walk trought world and see conscioussness constructing every duality and see the ilusory nature of it, like nothing is real. I can switch this realness of things on and off but when it gets to pain or uncomfortable situations there is a point when i cant see through it anymore. Why it is so hard? Is it possible to train yourself to deconstruct pain when its happening?

To try to deconstruct pain could be a subtle way of running away from it.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.