InterruptReQuest

Is it possible to heal the wounds of bullying on your own?

7 posts in this topic

I recently discovered that my depression is most likely caused by bullying I had to endure as a child. I was suggested therapy, but I was told that it can take several years to fully heal through that method. Are there any exercises or techniques I can do on my own along with regular therapy to hopefully heal faster? I'm already fed up begin as I am currently, so any help will be appreciated! 

Several years is nothing, ive been healing from bullying for a decade and still has an impact here and there but million times better...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

There are several methods you can try, such as breathwork, mindfulness meditation, psychedelics etc...

But it is always a long process and ideally the methods are used in conjunction with therapy.

That would be good to start with

11 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Several years is nothing, ive been healing from bullying for a decade and still has an impact here and there but million times better...

Sure, but still wanting to find ways to speed up the process, even if just a little, is worth it

@InterruptReQuest let me know if you find something,what i wanted to open your eyes that if you heal trauma in 2,3 years thats really fast imo...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@InterruptReQuest

Loving-presence & talking to the child self until it can unite again with the present self. 

I remember when I first got into LSD I basically just started rapidly doing this threw all of my memories, deconstructing all of them until I could be Now, in your original face as your pure soul. 

I'd recommend studying different techniques that allow you to access states of healing for awhile, then using psychedelics to go for healing, facing the trauma & fear with an open heart.

It is also very good to have a therapist to talk to you that you connect with. So if you are ever feeling overwhelmed by your healing process you have someone to go to who understands how to guide people to healing. 

Be careful wanting to rush threw your own healing, the last thing you wanna do is overwhelm yourself, trying to bit off more then you can chew at once. The more mindfull you can be and allow the healing to unfold naturally, the easier you will get threw it and thus, the faster. Slow and steady wins the race here.

It can take many years, but it doesn't have to if you are wise about it, and if you are wise about it, you would allow it to take many years if it has to. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

On 22-6-2021 at 8:11 PM, InterruptReQuest said:

I recently discovered that my depression is most likely caused by bullying I had to endure as a child. I was suggested therapy, but I was told that it can take several years to fully heal through that method. Are there any exercises or techniques I can do on my own along with regular therapy to hopefully heal faster? I'm already fed up begin as I am currently, so any help will be appreciated! 

There is a quick and dirty way: write down all the memories you have about the bullying, and recall them one by one. You need to relive them as if they were happening right now. For this you are using everything you can. You visualize it, you think it through, you feel into emotions and you don't stop until your done. You have not processed the bullying, and that's exactly why it's still having an effect on you to this day. Also the inner child is not sure that you are ready to stand up for yourself would a situation of bullying occur again, so it's protecting you right now by remembering all of it. Maybe start getting into boxing or mma just to become confident that if you have to, you can protect yourself no matter what. Not to use it, or kick someone in the face, but just to make your inner child feel that you can stand up for yourself. 

I must warn you though, this method is not for everyone. Maybe it's better to try something like EMDR with a therapist first.

Also: you don't know if it will take years. Not everyone is the same. You won't know if you don't try.

To give you some hope: i had a very rough past of bullying. I did a lot of meditation, therapy etc etc. Right now i can say i'm doing decent. I even meet my past bullies on a regular basis when i'm out and about, but i can look them straight in the eye now. I would even kick their ass right then and there if i had to, but i obviously won't do that. It's just that now i'm comfortable, and over it. You have to get to this position, and don't stop until your there. Life is too short to carry that shit forever. All the best much love.

Edited by Shiva99

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.