fopylo

Went for the first time to a party - review

27 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, meow_meow said:

May I ask - Why are you joining the military?

You have to, by law. This is how it is in my country, although if I really really want I can get out before, but it won't be very respected among the citizens.
@meow_meow

@Carl-Richard

I went with a friend to this party (as well as to the one tomorrow and the big prom). We were for the most time together, but literally I know all the people there - we know each other for at least 6 years! Not personally per se, but exchanged words once in a while

On 2021.06.24. at 0:36 AM, fopylo said:

You have to, by law. This is how it is in my country, although if I really really want I can get out before, but it won't be very respected among the citizens.
@meow_meow

Oh, I thought it could be that you don't have a life purpose and you're joining unconscsiously. Anyway, stay strong bro. I've heard its quite rough in places where it's obligated service. 

@meow_meow

I can't go into combat/fighting (however you want to call it) because of my low profile. I also didn't get accepted into the intelligence corps. Basically I'm left with stuff that I don't really like. Soon I have my 'test' to get into the IDF spokesman which I'm not really excited for (it's basically reporting the information and all that). I'm already in not such of an exciting position, and if I don't get accepted into this then I'm truly fucked. 

@fopylo At the time I came out of university there was still national service in the country I live in, and I made the decision at the time to be a conscientious objector. That meant doing a slightly longer period of civil service, but as you also get work experience for this it wasn’t so bad. 

No one has ever made a big deal of that decision, or given me a bad time for it. I still think it was the right thing to do. Harming another human being in combat is a very personal thing, and I never want to have a superior telling me to kill someone just because they are ‘the enemy’. 

Edited by Bodhitree

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

On 2021.07.4. at 6:06 PM, fopylo said:

Basically I'm left with stuff that I don't really like.

On 2021.07.4. at 6:06 PM, fopylo said:

if I don't get accepted into this then I'm truly fucked. 

This might get a little too offtopic , but i'd suggest you really really take some think to rethink this trough.
You'll probably feel more fucked if you get into positon that you hate but have to do out of fear that if you dont do this then you'll be truly fucked.

This Leos video probably will resonate with you:

@meow_meow

4 hours ago, meow_meow said:

This might get a little too offtopic , but i'd suggest you really really take some think to rethink this trough.
You'll probably feel more fucked if you get into positon that you hate but have to do out of fear that if you dont do this then you'll be truly fucked.

I just had last week my test for being a spokesman and like I've said, I'm really not excited about the military and I would NEED to think about a plan otherwise I'm fucked. I've even had thoughts again about trying to get out of the army, but seeing it in practice I don't think it will go well (telling my parents, friends and people close by knowing I won't be going to the army). I mean I could theoretically really push to become a volunteer (which is for 1 year), but I don't know anymore. If I had been very very clear on my path and on what I want to do in the future, or perhaps have started a very successful business earlier then it could maybe make more sense to my parents but especially to myself for why I decided on getting out. On second thought, if I'm not in the military I might be fucked because I would probably be living like a moron in my parents' house.

4 hours ago, meow_meow said:

This Leos video probably will resonate with you:

Saw most of it a while back. I'll give it a second listen