Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoobyBooby

To Be 'Connected To God', Only Leaves 1 Path Of Action?

5 posts in this topic

When we are in a state of Love and Oneness, connected to God.. there is then only 1 path of action that we can take that we deem most correct.  

We have free-will to take other (more painful/difficult) paths, being disconnected from Oneness, so there is free-will.  

But when we are in our highest level of Consciousness, our path is already laid out for us?  

Thanks, me.

Edited by GoobyBooby

@GoobyBooby Being connected to god means you are fully authentic and listen to your inner calling and when you follow your inner calling, you will feel more free than ever. You as god are already doing whatever you want to do and you are free in that sence. What you realise is, that as god you do everything exactly perfect. From a point of ego you have no choice but to do whatever god wants to do, that is why you need to surrender to your higherself, otherwise you will be fighting yourself all the time. Yes there is only one path, because other paths are only projections of ego mind.

What exactly means free will for you?

You are free in a sence, you can choose to do whatever you want, but you are not free in a sence, you cant change what you want. No free will is no problem, because you can choose the thing you want and you as god are doing exactly that.

Edited by AdamR95

No answers here, only ramblings.

“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”

Maybe ‘our path is laid out for us’ in that, each in our own way and together collaboratively, we reach higher and higher heights?

I was thinking of a similar question:

”Why do I want to do some things, and not others?”

If my life is a manifestation of God’s existence or mind—then what about things I like to do, and the things I don’t like to do? It’s a trickyvv Bc question, and not just because we have deeper and more authentic desires. 

Say right now I want to watch another episode of TV, but it is 2:00 am. I have work tomorrow. And I want to be a better Dad, and love my family more. I’m sure sleep will be sweet. Then I see there is a load of laundry that requires hanging. I don’t want to do the laundry—but I should, or it might not smell fresh. So, I hang the laundry. Then a little more fun. Finally, I’m tired and I genuinely want to sleep. But not soon enough—because I’ll be tired in the morning. I didn’t do what I was ‘supposed to do’ and go to bed early, fir another day of toil and labour.

“What is the difference between things that I want to do and things that I don’t want to do?”

Does God “have” to do a certain amount of suffering, in God’s existential nature of eternal life? Does God kind of split up the necessary representations of God’s pleasure and suffering and divide it between laundry and TV, work and play, sex and torture—and portion out the difficult and suffering? 

“Growth requires change.” Fine. The inevitability of work for a wage-slave is an example. She does not like her work—but the work pays the bills; and she has to do the work. She tries to get her share of pleasure—either by doing the “right thing” that she feels will give her the best outcome over the course of life, and she does hundreds of new tasks (that she does not want to do) to start her own business. Or , she looks for a break in too much alcohol and TV—whatever. 

The things I don’t want to do are often the very things I “should” do. Not always: Sometimes, the right thing might be to have a little fun. If I reached the greatest possible saintliness in my situation—whether always by doing the most boring and difficult thing, or maybe having some fun (but never perfect hedonism?) — a  life of saintliness. Maybe this life would bring about something truly great.

On the other hand, let’s suppose I fail at 5 steps along the way. I made some poor choices. Presumably, I would not lift the mind of God to higher realms—either until some other person came along and reached greater perfection for me, or I found redemption through a heroic decision, and made up for my loss. Or, maybe a new opportunity would come along, as a result of my malfeasance—something different but equally perfect great in its unique way. 

“Oh, happy fault, that gained us so great a redeemer,” Aquinas wrote. I don’t know if I end up in a better position because I made poor choices than I would have if I always followed ‘the path laid out for me.’ All I can say I that there are, in fact, some wonderful things—maybe everything really is perfect no matter what.

The difficulty of engaging in the “right course of action”  seems plagued with frustration.  Many times, great efforts to change and do the right thing  result in bad outcomes—weeds and dead fruit.  I try to grasp at those wonderful things—like recommitting myself to love the amazing people around me—but again it becomes difficult. It seems that I don’t do the things that I want to do, but I do the things that I hate. My innermost self rejoices in the truth, but I find in myself another law—a law of missing the mark.’

I don’t know. Maybe it’s all good. Maybe My toil and labour is vain—a pathetic and pointless lot. I try to enjoy my work and I find some joy in it (once I get going on the undesired tasks). Maybe, it’s just my lot to struggle for a little while, after death, maybe I’ll be confirmed in my embrace of the difficulty and pain of existence and I’ll be “free to do the right thing” as the verbiage goes.

There is actually nothing to do, because there is no 'you' separate from 'that which is not you'.  There is just 1 thing happening the 1 way it is happening... and that 1 thing is 'everything that's happening'. 

'you' are part of what is already happening, not a cause of what is happening, the same way a whirlpool occurs in a river, and isn't 'causing itself to swirl'.  There is no 'whirlpool' that 'does things'.  Whirlpools happen. 

To understand this, is to understand that you are always God.  There is no 'disconnected from god'.. there is just God.

There is nothing to do, other than 'be yourself' and you are always doing this, effortlessly.  You never have to try to 'be how you are'.. you just 'are how you are' without trying.. any attempt to be 'other than how you are' is just more 'how you already are'. 

To understand this is, is to understand that you are always God. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."