SuicidalBug

Intrusive Thoughts About Possible Parallel Realities

7 posts in this topic

I’ve had this for quite some time, since I was a kid actually. They are thoughts that come up and I can’t stop them, with horrible things happening to my family. It got a lot more painful after I was introduced to the idea that anything we can imagine is actually real in a parallel reality.

I’ve talked about this to my therapist but it wasn’t helpful, since she is not a spiritual type of person and doesn’t know about non-duality.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it or a new way I could think about it? Everyone on this forum has always been very helpful and I thank you all a lot for it! ☺️

Edited by SuicidalBug
Grammatical errors.

@SuicidalBug It seems like you’re dealing with an emotional problem. Check out 
Leo’s booklist, specifically the emotional mastery section.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

17 minutes ago, SuicidalBug said:

I’ve had this for quite some time, since I was a kid actually. They are thoughts that come up and I can’t stop them, with horrible things happening to my family. It got a lot more painful after I was introduced to the idea that anything we can imagine is actually real in a parallel reality.

You are having horrible thoughts and ideas that are thoughts about thoughts that become real in another reality which make those thoughts seem even more horrible.

19 minutes ago, SuicidalBug said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it or a new way I could think about it? Everyone on this forum has always been very helpful and I thank you all a lot for it! ☺️

My advice is stop listening to those thoughts. They might come and you have no control over that but you don't have to listen to them. u can simply focus your attention elsewhere. If they become sticky and demands attention I would recommend doing some body work of somekind. That tends to break the stickyness to them and they will start to lose momentum. 

@How to be wise Thanks! I’ll look it up, I haven’t read it yet.

@WelcometoReality Thank you! That’s very good advice. Distracting always helps me, now I only have to work on my motivation to actually interrupt the thoughts and do something else. And thank you for that description “horrible thoughts that are thoughts about thoughts”. It makes them sound pretty silly and a lot less distressing :) 

6 hours ago, SuicidalBug said:

@How to be wise Thanks! I’ll look it up, I haven’t read it yet.

@WelcometoReality Thank you! That’s very good advice. Distracting always helps me, now I only have to work on my motivation to actually interrupt the thoughts and do something else. And thank you for that description “horrible thoughts that are thoughts about thoughts”. It makes them sound pretty silly and a lot less distressing :) 

Yes that's usually something to work on. Sometimes these kinds of thoughts are hard to let go because they have been with us so long that they are felt like they are a part of us. But if we see the problems they are causing and not serving us they are easier to let go.

It can be helpful to inquire to see what we are actually experiencing and when it is seen for what it actually is it dissolves. ?

While you do create your reality, you cannot create someone else's reality. While you attract things into your experience you cannot attract anything negative. The way reality works is that everything negative will ultimately be transmuted into positive. However, we want to learn to use the guidance of feeling to guide our thoughts because not listening to it creates suffering for self and others. In fact we see suffering as bad but in fact it is guiding us to what we want. If a map reveals to you hat you've been going the wrong direction for 50 miles, you may tear the map in a fit of anger. But you aren't mad at the map, you're mad that you disregarded it. If a thought feels bad it is either moving away from what we want or it is being interpreted on the part of the separate self, (through long held beliefs). 

In this way you can BOTH disregard intrusive thoughts as the therapist is likely suggesting, and sort of reach out grab them and love them rather than pushing against them. Whatever we push against we get more of because the universe is one of no exclusion. The universe does not hear the word no. It does however, love you. 

The other thing that can help as it is difficult to drop an unwanted thought with a lot of charge behind it, is to flip the switch the creative mode. Maybe plan a creative story or outline a book about parallel realities but in a positive light, how you WANT them to be. If that's still too charged find whatever creative or constructive line of thinking you find transmutes the unwanted thoughts, or simply switches the subject. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

16 hours ago, SuicidalBug said:

I’ve talked about this to my therapist but it wasn’t helpful, since she is not a spiritual type of person and doesn’t know about non-duality.

If you consider what you’re thinking about (reality)… the very word definitively states… 

Definition of reality:

1: the quality or state of being real

(1): a real event, entity, or state of affairs 

(2): the totality of real things and events

(3): something that is neither derivative nor dependent but exists necessarily

When you think about parallel realities, that which is real is the thoughts, not what the thoughts are about (there being parallel realities). ‘Reality’ is synonymous with ‘totality’ (not separations or separate things). 

Clearly you don’t like how these particular thoughts feel, and something within you (intuition & feeling) ‘says’ something is indeed ‘off’ about these thoughts. You’re attributing this ‘off-ness’ feeling to the possibility the thoughts are creating or could create or effect a “secondary reality”. To do so is to suppress the guidance within you, feeling. The thoughts feel off because:

1). Feeling & intuition (which tell you these thoughts are neither true nor accurate) are not other than the very reality you’re thinking about. Instead of ignoring reality (feeling & intuition) and believing the thoughts, let the thoughts go by discovering & listening to… intuition & feeling. Allow Source (reality) into your life (intuition & feeling, guidance). 

2). The thoughts are creating your experience of this reality. By focusing on these thoughts, you’re creating the emotion of worry. Anyone who focused on those thoughts would create, feel & experience the exact same emotion of worry. Emotion guides us all the same, and the variable is wether one listens to intuition & feeling, or suppresses intuition & feeling. 

3). Reality is another word for you. When you focus on “separate realities”, as the totality (though you haven’t realized this fully yet), as you are not separate of reality, you - reality - nonetheless feel the ‘off-ness’ of these thoughts about yourself. You are not “two”, “divided”, or “separate”, and feeling tells you so. Logically, clearly, there are not “two of you”, and clearly you have never actually experienced “two realities”, or “being two you’s”. If anyone ever tells you they do experience “two realities”, or that there are “two realities”,, simply ask them to show you these “two realities”. 

Further, you say you’ve had this for ‘quite some time’, ‘since you were a kid’. What can be readily noticed in this regard is that you’ve never experienced “a past”, only thoughts believed about there being “a past”. When you experience these thoughts, they are experienced now, and only ever now. You can notice rather easily that when you experience memories, these are also thoughts which are only ever experienced now. When you believe the thought that there is a past and this has been going on “for a long time”, that also feels off, because in truth, it hasn’t. Thoughts only ever arise now, and are therefore only ever experienced, now. 

Focus is now, and only ever now. What you are experiencing, is what you are focusing on - now. There is never an exception to this, because you are the creator creating creation - now. 

If you desire to create other than worry, it is effortless to focus instead on what you want… which feels good to you… because it is - what you want. Making a dreamboard makes this incredibly easy. 

Instead of trying to resolve this past, aka ‘your story’, notice there isn’t a past right now. That - ‘your story’ - is experienced only if & when you retell it. So essentially, you’re focusing on thoughts about yourself (reality) which aren’t true, and that is why it feels so off. You might consider, if this story doesn’t feel good to you, it also doesn’t feel good to anyone else, so, why keep repeating it? 

When you shift from thinking about yourself (reality) to what you want to create & experience, that feels very ‘on’, because that is what you came here to do. To experience, intrinsically & effortlessly develop preferences of what you desire, and to focus on that which you want to experience, and to experience it ‘in the flesh’. Tell, and retell, that story. Notice in the simplest sense that you will experience that story. Notice you are the very minute you do focus on what feels good to you…you feel…good. The evidence of this is that it is already the case in your direct experience. You are experiencing the story you are telling; the worry, the therapy, etc. That’s not what you want - and there is (something else) that which you want. (Not to imply at all that you should stop therapy… but to realize what yo do want. Therapy will most likely help in this shifting of focus and understanding why you were repeating the unwanted story). 

If you experience emotional resistance to focusing on what you do want, there might be a habit of old, a reoccurring belief, that you must first resolve or figure out this ‘problem’ before you can move on to focusing on what you do want - what feels good to you. Resistance to focusing on what feels good to you, often denotes ‘deeper’ beliefs of lack, shortage, not-good-enough-ness, or something-is-wrong-with-me-ness. This experience is also referred to as believing thoughts about lacking self worth, or self esteem. 

In the approach of ‘seeing for yourself what is true and actual’ - focusing on what feels good to you - what you do want - you will find that indeed, as unbelievable as many claim it to be (because they don’t check & see for themselves, vs just telling the same not-good-feeling-story), reality becomes it. Then, it is realized via your own direct experience, that the term ‘self esteem’ denotes our infinite self is very much like steam, in that it arises intrinsically of it’s own accord as, reality. That is - there is no effort or motivation required to feel good. As Esther Hicks says, this goodness, this creating of reality is unfortunately often like a cork held under water. Divinely, thankfully, wonderfully - do not need to ‘lift the cork’ - you only need to stop holding it down / under water (no longer focus on what you don’t want).

Focusing on what you do want is ‘taking your hand off the cork’. When you do, reality, infinite intelligence, intuition, feeling - literally becomes what you are focused on, effortlessly. This is precisely why some people experience a life of fullness, enjoying what they desire to have, do, be and create… while others do not… and no measurements can explain this, such as comparing where someone comes from, what their iq is, what kind of family they have, how much money, education, etc, they do or don’t have, etc, etc, etc. 

It feels good to ‘pop these bubbles’ of beliefs… because the very reality thoughts & beliefs are made of is goodness. Goodness which is not, other than you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE