Terell Kirby

Accepting that you’re God..what holds you back?

52 posts in this topic

Just now, Blackhawk said:

There are many experiments which you can do. For example try to make a feather levitate.

@Blackhawk this is a prove, that you dont know what you are talking about. This argument is basicaly strawman. Your concept of god is something completely different than what people here mean by word god.

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@Blackhawk who said God can make feathers levitate?  Do you see that you have an unrealistic notion of what 'god' is?   God is not a 'doer of 'what's being done'.  Your idea of God is too small. 

I say so.

My definition of God is that God can manipulate the laws of physics at will.

Why use the word "God" if the word doesn't mean that?

Ok then. I am the president of United States. Your idea of the president of United States is too small.

I understand @Blackhawk's perspective, and he is correct that conceptual proof that you are God is incredible. There's a reason philosophers across the ages have concluded that the only thing the human mind can know is that it knows nothing.

Consciousness is tricky that way. It places forms of itself into a relative labyrinth, and laughs as we run through its corridors, looking for a way out. Eventually, we realize that the secret of escape is to let go of the conditioned mind, and rise above the labyrinth entirely.

People search for conceptual proof of their divine identity, and it is a fool's errand. Awakening is beyond conceptualization. It is the direct realization of your ultimate nature as Consciousness itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

@Blackhawk this is a prove, that you dont know what you are talking about. This argument is basicaly strawman. Your concept of god is something completely different than what people here mean by word god.

I am the president of United States. Your idea of the president of United States is too small.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I have personally debunked that mental gymnastics exercise by asking for/searching for proof inside of myself. And for me the evidence is overwhelming and the conclusion is crystal clear: I am not God.

Why that conclusion?

After all you have never experienced anything outside this perception. You haven't experienced other people or other places. Just THIS.

what if THIS is you and is all that it is?

What would be God.

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I am the president of United States. Your idea of the president of United States is too small.

You dont want to know what word god points to, so for you it will never make sence.

From my point of view phrase "president of United States" can has a secret message in it. But it has not because you use it once again only as a strawman.

In the end it doesnt matter which word you use, but the message is there, if you are curious enough to look for it.

20 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Please provide a single piece of evidence that you/I are/am God.

Until you can do that, that idea is no better than religion. Actually even worse than religion.

Some words, mental gymnastics, which you will come with in response to my comment, doesn't cut it.

You exist. Should be proof enough.

"But it's just the physical activity of my brain that makes me exist".

Yes, exactly my point.

A trillion trillions bunch of dead carbon atoms arrangered in a special delicate hyper-intelligent pattern that makes you feel like you are a 'person' stuck inside a head, that makes you exist, alive.

If that isn't proof of the magic (Godness) of reality, then you're the one being religious, living in denial, not me;) ??

If the taste of hot bittersweet coffee, the taste of a delicious pussy, the taste of dreamy music, the taste of the crystal-blue hypnotizing sky, the taste of the gigantic infinite ocean, the taste of a mesmerizing lively rain forest, the taste of the enomorusly absurd mountains, the taste of a soft woman's lips when you kiss her madly in love, the taste of deep deep relief when you puke, piss, shit, the taste of Oneness and Cosmic Consciousness when you meditate deeply, take 5 g shrooms, smoke DMT, drink ayahuasca in a Tippi with others, when you do Breathwork, when you dance like a psychopath to a rave deep house underground concert on 100 mg MDMA, when you melt together with the love of your life in tantric sex..., If ALL THAT isn't proof to you that reality is absolutely insanely magical, Love, Infinite & Eternal, then dude, wauw, you are stuck in your own head.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

17 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I say so.

My definition of God is that God can manipulate the laws of physics at will.

If that's how you define God, then you're right.. you are not God.   You think 'God' and 'the laws of physics' are 2 different things. 

17 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Why use the word "God" if the word doesn't mean that?

Because all words are metaphors, and as metaphors go it's a fairly commonly understood one, even though (you and I might agree) it carries a lot of baggage and there is much disagreement about what it means. 

We could use other words.. like 'Everything' or 'Consciousness' or 'The Universe' if you prefer.. all just metaphors.   

You are Everything.  You are Consciousness.  You are the Universe.  These sentences all point to the same thing, but it's tricky to understand what is being pointed to, especially if you don't deeply grasp what a metaphor is, what duality/nonduality is and how it works, etc.

It's similar to saying, 'The inside is the outside'.. this sentence seems contradictory, but it's really not.  Inside implies an outside, outside implies an inside.  The word 'inside' only has meaning relative to 'outside'.  There is no such thing as 'just the inside' of something. Inside only has meaning relative to outside.  You are only 'who you are' relative to 'that which is not you'.  That which is not you defines who you are. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think anyone on this thread uses the word 'God' to mean, 'some magic entity which exists outside of reality who can manipulate reality', but this is the definition you are arguing against, because that's how you define it.    This is a such a silly semantic argument.. it's like telling someone who says, 'I'm going to run to the store real quick.' that they'd get there quicker by driving.  When they said 'run to the store' they meant 'drive to the store', but by purposely misrepresenting what they meant, you give yourself the opportunity for a quick pedantic zinger. 

If you meant drive, why use the word 'run'"?  Well, because 'run to the store' is a commonly understood metaphor that many people understand to mean 'drive to the store', and so in this instance 'run' doesn't mean 'jog quickly'... but if metaphor is completely lost on you, you won't get it. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

If that's how you define God, then you're right.. you are not God.   You think 'God' and 'the laws of physics' are 2 different things. 

Because all words are metaphors, and as metaphors go it's a fairly commonly understood one, even though (you and I might agree) it carries a lot of baggage and there is much disagreement about what it means. 

We could use other words.. like 'Everything' or 'Consciousness' or 'The Universe' if you prefer.. all just metaphors.   

You are Everything.  You are Consciousness.  You are the Universe.  These sentences all point to the same thing, but it's tricky to understand what is being pointed to, especially if you don't deeply grasp what a metaphor is, what duality/nonduality is and how it works, etc.

It's similar to saying, 'The inside is the outside'.. this sentence seems contradictory, but it's really not.  Inside implies an outside, outside implies an inside.  The word 'inside' only has meaning relative to 'outside'.  There is no such thing as 'just the inside' of something. Inside only has meaning relative to outside.  You are only 'who you are' relative to 'that which is not you'.  That which is not you defines who you are. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't think anyone on this thread uses the word 'God' to mean, 'some magic entity which exists outside of reality who can manipulate reality', but this is the definition you are arguing against, because that's how you define it.    This is a such a silly semantic argument.. it's like telling someone who says, 'I'm going to run to the store real quick.' that they'd get there quicker by driving.  When they said 'run to the store' they meant 'drive to the store', but by purposely misrepresenting what they meant, you give yourself the opportunity for a quick pedantic zinger. 

If you meant drive, why use the word 'run'"?  Well, because 'run to the store' is a commonly understood metaphor that many people understand to mean 'drive to the store', and so in this instance 'run' doesn't mean 'jog quickly'... but if metaphor is completely lost on you, you won't get it. 

Top tier post

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean what about pain and suffering? You only quoted the "good" things LMAO

Ironically when I had had "intuitions" that God must be real, it hasn't been when I've experienced deep pleasure of fun LOL, but instead when I've experienced deep states of impeding doom and anxiety. HAHAHA Those moments are so inexplicable for Me, because i had this Intuition of "how come reality must be THIS awful?? I mean if Reality exists, it should be GOOD!" That actually made me Intuit that there must exist God 

8 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@WaveInTheOcean what about pain and suffering? You only quoted the "good" things LMAO

Ironically when I had had "intuitions" that God must be real, it hasn't been when I've experienced deep pleasure of fun LOL, but instead when I've experienced deep states of impeding doom and anxiety. HAHAHA Those moments are so inexplicable for Me, because i had this Intuition of "how come reality must be THIS awful?? I mean if Reality exists, it should be GOOD!" That actually made me Intuit that there must exist God 

If you experience absolute goodness just for a brief moment, that should be enough, although it often isn't.