Terell Kirby

Accepting that you’re God..what holds you back?

52 posts in this topic

Be honest here, how many of you have truly accepted who you are? I guess you have to first understand who you are before you can accept it. But I am going to assume that you have understood it already..

What holds you back from accepting that you are God? For me, I can’t quite understand where resistance comes from and why this would even be depressing or a bad thing. To know all of experience (including your body, thoughts, other people, sounds, smells, sights, sensations...etc etc) is a manifestation of your imagination is actuality quite fascinating.

Ultimate, whaat is the problem with being formless? What causes you to remain attached to your human identity? I believe, for most humans, it is an insatiable need to hold onto form..it is challenging see yourself as having no form...yet being the creator of all things that inhabit your consciousness.

I ask for understanding, not to judge.

Edited by Terell Kirby

@Terell Kirby Holding on seem like the human condition whether it is an identity of being human, consciousness, nothing or God it isn't the same as realizing it.

@Terell Kirby Fear of infinity, fear of pain and suffering. Frankly i would choose to die rather then experience everything. For me death is far less scary than infinity. I had moments of deep acceptence but moments of being completly scared of myself too.

@WelcometoReality very true. It is this holding onto that would needs to be dropped. Language plays a role here...quite prominently. What you are is something that cannot be spoken of. The realization itself is something that can’t be described per say...but yet, it’s as real as ever.

53 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

@Terell Kirby Fear of infinity, fear of pain and suffering. Frankly i would choose to die rather then experience everything. For me death is far less scary than infinity. I had moments of deep acceptence but moments of being completly scared of myself too.

I can emphasize. The paradox of it is that death and acceptance are the same thing from the perspective of the Ego. The thing in you that accepts death is your higher consciousness. It can accept it, because deep down it knows that life is infinite. Life ending as the human you imagine yourself to be is the real fear. But the death of the body and the mind doesn’t mean that your consciousness won’t remain. Pure consciousness is the void of emptiness that most of us mortals fear.

You can't accept what you're not conscious of.

It's not a matter of accepting that you are God, it's a matter of raising your state of consciousness.

Your state of consciousness is what's actually holding you back. Convincing yourself that you are God without the direct consciousness of it is harmful and dangerous.

Don't waste time trying to convince yourself that you are God, invest that time raising your state of consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The fly in the holy ointment is that God created you for a reason. If there was no value to the journey of self-discovery, God would not have created you in the first place, nor would it have placed a veil over your eyes. God already knew it was God. Clearly, God loves you and wants you to discover your true nature, according to the plan of creation.

So celebrate the journey. Enjoy every step of it. When you directly realize that You created all of it, you will laugh. xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a matter of accepting that you are God, it's a matter of raising your state of consciousness.

Your state of consciousness is what's actually holding you back. Convincing yourself that you are God without the direct consciousness of it is harmful and dangerous.

Don't waste time trying to convince yourself that you are God, invest that time raising your state of consciousness.

this is a good distinction leo

you are a dream character, a cloud passing away in the sky of consciousness

you cannot understand god, you cannot know god, you cannot be god contrary to what folks love to claim

stop being god and let god be you, big difference

this you gotta go

presence love no-mind

dh.jpg

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

it's a matter of raising your state of consciousness.

invest that time raising your state of consciousness.

You know how people interpret this "raise your consciousness"-jargon ???

They think "Oh so I have to become smarter, read more, study more, meditate more, become a better meditator, become a better psychedelic explorer, take more psychedelics, go to more retreats etc." ... you think they ever awaken by doing this?   Some do perhaps, out of sheer luck, or out of a deep desire for truth, or most likely because of deep suffering (which makes luck favor you, or/and which makes your desire for truth higher).

But 95%+ of your followers will never wake up watching your videos, taking psychedelics, desperately trying 'to raise their consciousness'.

The mind has to be dropped. That's all that has to happen. But it takes Love, not 'raising your consciousness'.

You are your own trap Leo. Bless ya.

intelligent people deep asleep.jpg

osho sunset.png

"... And this is one of the mysteries, that the mind can speak, and knows nothing; and the heart knows everything, and cannot speak. Perhaps to know too much makes it difficult to speak; the mind knows so little, it is possible for it to speak." - Osho

How much have you suffered, Leo? In the your whole life. How close have you been to suicide, like Eckart Tolle, for instance.

Without enough painful suffering, their is no real carrot for God to fully wake up from sleep/His slumber.

<< Selfishness/ignorance/being-asleep/devilry/drinking "Life's bottle of wine" (taking pyschedelics often for instance) // "trying to be good" // "trying to always raise one's consciousness" >>  is very fun and exciting, and almost nobody (no of God's dream-characters) seem to want to fully let go of it (let go of ego) in order to wake (fully) up.

Self-deception 101, say you're doing things out of charity and love, when really, you're acting from a place of ignorance, sleep and selfishness.

Maybe the video "Why God forgives all Evil" was a video you made to yourself to justify being asleep a little longer? :-D 

“If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen." - Alan Watts

The biggest most mind-bending and wild and crazy trip (for me right now) is Life itself. Smoking DMT has (almost, not quite) become boring.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

consciousness is on a continuum from low to high ... leo's insights and teachings are tremendous for moving along it in my opinion

@WaveInTheOcean

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I like this.

All this God talk is really a waste of time.

Except too scaffold and orient a mind into openness and receptivity of experience.

I think spirituality done right is rather mundane and ordinary.

Sure, there are exciting mystical states etc which are amazing

But, regular or human life is God too, you just didn't know.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

God loves to pretend it's not what it is (nothing/everything) so that it can seem like something. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

18 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

@WelcometoReality very true. It is this holding onto that would needs to be dropped. Language plays a role here...quite prominently. What you are is something that cannot be spoken of. The realization itself is something that can’t be described per say...but yet, it’s as real as ever.

Yes and what knows itself as god?

6 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

consciousness is on a continuum from low to high ... leo's insights and teachings are tremendous for moving along it in my opinion

@WaveInTheOcean

I don't disagree. I'm just pointing out it can also be a trap. Leo's youtube-channel & this forum has been of immense help to me.
But sometimes, lookin' back, I can also see how it has been - at times - a gigantic trap for me, which as in some ways contributed to my depression.

(Replacing direct experience with concepts, thinking I could live life in my head). :/
(Forcing myself and my ideas onto others) :/ 
(Forgetting to be humble) :/ 
(Forgetting to swim in my divine innocence). :/ 

Nothing is so good it isn't bad.

Nothing is so bad it isn't good.

Consciousness is Consciousness is Love is Love is God is God. Absolutely speaking. That's what Oneness points to. 

Everything is Consciousness. It's neither low or high, it's Consciousness.

People who we say are 'low conscious' are just poor souls (God) who are so asleep in ego, who have so many rigid belief systems they can never get out of. If you tell them to raise their consciousness I doubt you are helping them. They have to DROP ego. LET GO. SURRENDER.

If I may guess, I think some of the things @Leo Gura should look into are:

- why he insists on being so masculine. He doesn't talk much about surrender.

- why he likes to talk about abstract concepts, such as God, so much. Is is just self-masturbation ?:D

- if he really is remebering to LIVE LIFE instead of just getting stuck in his head/concepts

- if he is really rembering to be humle toward other poor souls (himself)

- if he is really remembering that everyone, including himself, are 100% innocent

- if he is not using psychedelics to run away from himself (death/true full awakening) .. some kind of sneaky innocent addiction/gluttony (denying this ofc).

- denying own needs

- thinking he is completely self-sufficient and doesn't need other people in his life, eg. a partner in crime / wife

- lack of humility 

- being too perfectionistic / hypercritical of others/himself / sneaky ways of actually being hypocritical

- all the above perhaps stems from a belief that "I am not attached to anything" while in fact he is in sneaky ways attached to old, somewhat self destructive patterns of behaviour which feels "optimal, safe" due to trauma from childhood.

Not my busy ofc, I'm just speaking mostly from my own direct exp. I see myself a lot in Leo and vice versa, and I love the man. But I can also see how I often have taken his way-of-living / his words and incorporated it/them into my own life, which has been both a good and a bad thing.

Now sure, I don't know Leo very well, since I only know him through this forum and his videos, so take everything I just wrote with a biiiiiig grain of salt. 

After all, I am mostly just speaking to/about myself. <3:);)

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Leo’s biased is that of one that promotes the use of psychedelics in raising consciousness, and those who have not partaken is the use of psychedelics are not as woke as those who have. I can see his point here, but it’s very much full of assumptions.

In actuality, there is not variation in the substance of reality on a psychedelic vs. not on a psychedelic. It is still all the mind of God...the mind of YOU.

@Leo Gura can you show love and compassion for those that choose alternative paths that don’t include drugs? Some of us feel put in a box and judged by this.

27 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Leo’s biased is that of one that promotes the use of psychedelics in raising consciousness, and those who have not partaken is the use of psychedelics are not as woke as those who have. I can see his point here, but it’s very much full of assumptions.

In actuality, there is not variation in the substance of reality on a psychedelic vs. not on a psychedelic. It is still all the mind of God...the mind of YOU.

@Leo Gura can you show love and compassion for those that choose alternative paths that don’t include drugs? Some of us feel put in a box and judged by this.

I think he does but feels if you are awakened with meditation alone you are one of the few spiritually gifted.  I was one of those and I agree with him there but it is my intuition.  But it's not as black and white as that...i feel there are a lot of factors involved...genetics, but also life experience and level of suffering, which should lead to one becoming more conscious and thus less selfish as they realize selfishness is what causes suffering.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Please provide a single piece of evidence that you/I are/am God.

Until you can do that, that idea is no better than religion. Actually even worse than religion.

Some words, mental gymnastics, which you will come with in response to my comment, doesn't cut it.

Edited by Blackhawk