Twega

I Need Advice From You

5 posts in this topic

My LP is 'To communicate knowledge and insight. 

My top Values are ' Health, Truth/Wisdom, Actualization, Consciousness/Spirituality, Knowledge, Richness/Holistic, Freedom, Love, Nature, Adventure.'

Ideal medium: Writing, maybe also video (still experimenting)

Before I ask, let me first tell you, very briefly, about myself so that you can answer my question.

• Series of events that shaped me(and my LP) profoundly:
  •  I was born to a very religious Muslim family in the middle east. I have always been an inquisitive person, so my curiosity about the origins and cause of the universe led me to become an atheist at 17.
  • I've always loved science, but it turned into an obsession and ideology after I became an atheist. Thus, I consumed books on an array of scientific fields (physics, biology).
  • I wanted to become a neuroscientist because I had an interest in the brain, especially psychopharmacology and consciousness.
  • There are no science majors except medicine in my country, my dad refused to let me study abroad, so I ended up in business school.
  • I considered university a game of survival, so I did what I needed to do to survive, but I had no intention of making it any serious source of knowledge.
  • I continued to read and develop (PUA, Fitness, Psychology, Western Philosophy, Self-Development) are all subjects I was fascinated with.
  • This stream of curiosity led me to discover content on nutrition and plant-based diets.
  • Discovered Leo's content 3 Years later. I fell in love with Leo's content, and I also liked the direct style in which Leo spoke. I loved watching the videos, and I did so almost every day for the next year.
  • I trip on LSD and ask what is myself, what is my life purpose?! The answer I get is not direct: "Consciousness and studying the mind is the most important thing" & "Follow the Plants"------------ Plants as in nutrition, pharmacology, and psychedelics
  • I complete the LP course

5 years later, I'm 24 now, I am still fascinated with nutritional biochemistry, pharmacology, and I spend 2-3 hours a day reading journals, books, articles on this subject. I've been plant-based ever since.

I am also still fascinated with consciousness and psychology, albeit now (after discovering Leo's content), I view these words much differently than before.

My question is, "What skills should I focus on building right now?"

in the LP course, the segment on skill-building, I answer it by writing that the most important skills to build are 

1. Writing skills

2. Expanded knowledge

3. Introspection

Is there something I have missed? Is there another skill, perhaps even more crucial, I'm neglecting?

Thank you all for your insights.

@Twega

On 21/06/2021 at 5:20 PM, Twega said:

5 years later, I'm 24 now, I am still fascinated with nutritional biochemistry, pharmacology, and I spend 2-3 hours a day reading journals, books, articles on this subject. I've been plant-based ever since.

You could become a researcher with focus on nutritional science however that would require full academic education up to Phd. 

You could also focus more on being amateur researcher such as being a video content creator & blogger. You could also create courses or just create your own database of nutritional research. Something like Examine do. 

Being youtube, doing podcasts and video content can be an attractive way as well. I like what Chris Masterjohn does. He educates people and makes decent money out of signing them up on his educational packages. I was part of his Masterpass for a few months and the content is really brilliant but quite heavy for those who are not clinicians or very knowledgeable in the area. 

But it does not matter that much as long as you can feel satisfied in that line of career choice and as long as it can sustain you financially. 

In terms of what skills necessary for this sort of career/purpose: 

• I think being able to interpret research and conduct your own amateur research (e.g. conducting your meta analyses) can be helpful if you want to be sharing these things with people. Making sure you can identify low quality research, biases and spot inaccuracies. There are ways and books to learn that. 
  • Critical thinking will be of paramount importance to be able to distinguish information sources and see through agendas and personal interest 
  • Being very organised will be crucial so that you can store and manage all your research well and being able to find it quickly retrospectively 
  • Being a good communicator helps 
  • Being good at marketing yourself will be crucial as well, knowing who your audience is and whom you are trying to speak to. 90% of people won't be interested in any more than absolute surface level of information so you'll have to work to find those 10%

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

24 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Twega

You could become a researcher with focus on nutritional science however that would require full academic education up to Phd. 

You could also focus more on being amateur researcher such as being a video content creator & blogger. You could also create courses or just create your own database of nutritional research. Something like Examine do. 

Being youtube, doing podcasts and video content can be an attractive way as well. I like what Chris Masterjohn does. He educates people and makes decent money out of signing them up on his educational packages. I was part of his Masterpass for a few months and the content is really brilliant but quite heavy for those who are not clinicians or very knowledgeable in the area. 

But it does not matter that much as long as you can feel satisfied in that line of career choice and as long as it can sustain you financially. 

In terms of what skills necessary for this sort of career/purpose: 

• I think being able to interpret research and conduct your own amateur research (e.g. conducting your meta analyses) can be helpful if you want to be sharing these things with people. Making sure you can identify low quality research, biases and spot inaccuracies. There are ways and books to learn that. 
  • Critical thinking will be of paramount importance to be able to distinguish information sources and see through agendas and personal interest 
  • Being very organised will be crucial so that you can store and manage all your research well and being able to find it quickly retrospectively 
  • Being a good communicator helps 
  • Being good at marketing yourself will be crucial as well, knowing who your audience is and whom you are trying to speak to. 90% of people won't be interested in any more than absolute surface level of information so you'll have to work to find those 10%

@Michael569 Thanks, man. From my interactions with you on this forum, I feel like we have many of the same interests and values. I appreciate the advice, especially coming from you.

The role of a researcher is more analytical and technical. For me: I am more attracted to creating a synthesis of knowledge, not an analysis. I love examine.com and I did actually consider creating something similar But I don't think that is my LP. My chosen field of mastery is self-development: I consider nutrition and self-development to go hand in hand.

31 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Looking great! How much LSD did you take?

@Hello from Russia Thanks!

It was not an accurately labeled dose, but from my extensive experience with LSD it felt like 300 micrograms.