Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan Reji

If Reality is Love...

11 posts in this topic

I don't quite understand why God is love. How does that work? If everything is love how come there's fear or hate or greed, why does it imagine all this? If reality is love and everything originates from it, how?

What do you mean when you say God is Love?

@Alan Reji They mean in an absolute sense, not relatively. It's in the relative that fear, hate and greed exist. If it's a distraction for you then don't use the term "love" yet regarding God. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Lol there just happens to be a new episode addressing this exact question...

But long story short:

• Love = Acceptance.
  • Acceptance = To Embrace.
  • To Embrace (in the Highest sense), is to Contain Wholly.
  • To Contain Wholly is to exclude nothing.
  • God, as All Things, excludes nothing, and thereby Contains Wholly (All Things).

Therefore, through simple substitution, we arrive at the insight that God (as All Things) literally equals (The Highest) Love.

It's Love.

@RendHeaven That's just so perfect.

Although, I wonder how it is imagined. If love is the ultimate reality, does that mean the origin of fear and hatred is love? Perhaps, my definition of love is corrupted.

Edited by Alan Reji

@Alan Reji Imagine you as a human could love everything. What would that look like?

Well, you would embrace and accept everything as it is, 100% here and now, without needing reality to be different in any way. Even if reality would be somehow different, you'd also accept and embrace it, totally.

Existence is Love. Because existence never says "no", to anything. The moment something exists, reality has already accepted and embraced its existence by virtue of "allowing" its existence. Reality doesn't need itself to be any particular way, because it is everything there is. It can be whatever it wants to be, because there is no limit to reality (since there can't be anything "outside" reality to limit it/set a boundary). This is the infinite nature of reality. Reality is infinite love. It is it. Love is not something "on top of" reality/existence. Existence itself is Love.

I personally haven't yet experienced "god", so I won't use that word. But I'm speaking from direct experience when it comes to seeing that existence is love, and so I'm equating Existence = God. 

The reason why hate, greed, war, evil, brutality, etc. exist is because they actually don't. This might sound very subversive thing to say, but you asked for it, so here we go; inspect "evil". What is it? What is its source?

Let's for a moment set aside this whole Love thing and just look at evil. What do you mean when you say "evil"? And why do other people mean something else when they say evil? This gives you a clue. "Evil" or "bad" is all that, which in some way hinders, disrupts or threatens your own survival. Not only your survival as a physical organism, but also (and especially!) the survival of your identity, which includes your psyche, your ideas, your attachments, your beliefs, etc. So whatever threatens all that, you will deem evil or bad. 

So, evil springs from selfishness and attachment to identity. However, this limited identity that  you've constructed is an illusion. 

If you would see through the illusion of your identity/self, you would become selfless. Literally. And this selflessness is what reality is. Because reality is not finite, it's infinite. No boundaries. No rejection. Only 100% pure, selfless acceptance of everything that is. It's Love. And everything is that. 

7 hours ago, Alan Reji said:

I don't quite understand why God is love. How does that work? If everything is love how come there's fear or hate or greed, why does it imagine all this? If reality is love and everything originates from it, how?

The pointer "God is love" refers to unconditional love. To provide an analogy... imagine you are the Earth atmosphere... the only thing you can do is to observe. So, whatever happens inside atmosphere (inside you) is fine with you, since it's you. You are happy that something happens at all. You love everything of you and there is only you. Do the spiritual practices to lessen the "I"-thought identification, so unconditional love may be noticed directly.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

How would you like to be loved? Would you like to have a conversation with someone who has all these pre-formed ideas about you that are both accurate and wildly inaccurate, and rather than really seeing you, and really hearing you, all they know is their own mental chatter? Would you feel loved and seen by someone if their interpretation of everything you say is going through this filter of assumptions and expectations? Or would you feel loved by someone who is there, seeing, feeling every word, just openly appreciating you?

This is the already true nature of your awareness, of the awareness that is actually seeing and feeling the words on the screen right now, prior to and beyond any thought or expectation of ideas of "knowing" what they mean. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 hours ago, Alan Reji said:

On another video I saw him explain that his definition of love is simply embracing something. So if you are totally one with something it's considered Love.

leo's just posted yt vid on forgiveness has some great nuggets about love

love is i am all this, how can i reject any part of myself

The characters in a movie are convincingly concerned, but the screen just be’s the movie and “characters” of no concern. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

because the apparent does not exist separately, even if it appears to. the same that you cannot see right now that you as a separate being do not exist, you cannot understand how a torturer is love. I can't see it right now either, it has to collapse the appearance and perceive the whole