Bob Seeker

What is appealing about having children?

55 posts in this topic

I honestly don’t understand this. I don’t see that I have an urge to have children, so I’m wondering what about it makes other people who are beyond blindly following norms want to have children. What makes you want to sacrifice so much for that?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Well it might seem that way if you misinterpret yourself and all the obvious signs that your body gives. or do you think your sexual urges are pointless! get outta here you secretly want children but you dont know it bcause your disconnected from the earth. you might as well ask what makes one want to live beyond following norms, its too much, why go to work why even breathe its too hard and not worth it lets just die cuz life is suffering

@dflores321 makes sense. Maybe I consider myself more of an astronaut than an earth dweller, figuratively speaking.

9 minutes ago, kai0 said:

you think your sexual urges are pointless!

I can definitely connect with a urge to impregnate a woman, but beyond that sexual act, I’m not finding any desire to actually have any children come from it or be in my life. 

12 minutes ago, kai0 said:

your disconnected from the earth.

Possibly.

12 minutes ago, kai0 said:

you might as well ask what makes one want to live beyond following norms, its too much, why go to work why even breathe

I mean I do have motivation, just for other things, and I feel like children would just slow me down when I think about it. But it makes sense, it’s prob just that everyone has different things that they feel urge towers in life.

Maybe I’ll pull a Socrates and have kids when I’m 70 and finally ready?

The more I think about it the more I’m creeped out by the idea of having little people who look like me, that I sort of created? ?

What is appealing about doing anything in life?

I’m not sure, some people are innately drawn to particular things.

I for example, love rock climbing. I can’t look at a large boulder, cliff or even building without the sudden urge to start climbing it.

Why is that? I don’t know. We’re all wired different.

Now from a survival standpoint we’re obviously wired to procreate. So that could play a big role in it. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

What else is there to do?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If you go meta it doesn't really matter that much.. because you see everyone as your 'children' and then everything as you.. but I guess in a relativistic sense you can place meaning to things.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

It's selfish and morally wrong to have children.

What happens if people stop having children?

@Kalo you don't sound well man. The work should be improving your life, not the contrary. What are you even talking about shooting 1g? Of what? You sound like a drug addict. 

33 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I don't understand it either bad boy.

Cars, houses, shit load of money, children, wife/husband lol. Pointless, meaningless, boring, obviously fake illusion. 

If they only experienced the splendor of the spiritual world/dimension, they would come back and ask why I'm even still living in this boring material world, not to talk about having stuff in it.

I'm barely holding out myself, trying to go back to the spiritual world by shooting 1g's and shit lol. But really, it's serious for me. I'm really not taking this ego-material world for much longer, it's too boring and fake. If I don't somehow get back to the spiritual world, I think I might overdose and kill myself. If I don't die, I've certainly had a breakthrough at least.

Lord why, Lord why, do I wanna die? Ima get a maserati just to get my life inside ? ♡

Mods? 

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

It's selfish and morally wrong to have children.

Screenshot_20210620_050708.jpg

It's not supposed to be a sacrifice.  People, the healthy ones, decide to have kids when/if they can afford them.  I could probably give a complex intellectual answer for the reasons "why", but all it comes down to is love.  Some people are just not aware of it yet, and explaining it won't do much.

I, personally, have no interest in kids atm, but can imagine reasons for why each of the stages would.  If you really wanna know, just spend some time in all the stages, and experience their perspectives.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

What happens if people stop having children?

The human species would die. Before the human specie dies we should also exterminate all animal life.

How was I suppose to ask my son if he wanted to be born? Lol

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

It doesn't matter whichever way you put it. 

Some people are happier when they have kids. 

Wanting or not wanting kids shouldn't be shamed either way. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

There’s a lot of talk about the inner child work and healing, sometimes people can learn to heal from actual children, other times it’s not possible or necessary. It’s hard growing up too fast because of a broken family then forced to run the hamster wheel until retirement. Children brighten the day, get people back in touch with their inner kitty, and best of all, learn unconditional love. 
Society/culture of course creates a system for control it’s all natural and part of the process. It will keep changing 

Everything is written in the stars before birth anyhow, natural desires and fears and situations unfold to harbor the human experience. 

also children generally look after their aging parents when there old

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The human species would die. Before the human specie dies we should also exterminate all animal life.

Is that your idea of fun?