Javfly33

Frustrated with my job

14 posts in this topic

I took this job on a big city so I could work on my LP and socializing and dating but the job drains me too much. I am not doing shit with my life but resting and sleeping when I'm not working 

I should be grateful I have a job yet it doesnt let me do shit the rest of the day because it's a night shift so I sleep on the mornings and I'm tired on the afternoons and the weekends where I could have some proper time to work on my LP and self development as socializing and dating I cant get myself to do it because I feel I need to really rest from the workweek and actually enjoy sleeping on the night some time.

Am I complaining bitch and I should get even more violent and aggressive towards pursuing stage orange goals no matter how freaking tired I am? God it's so frustrating also I took 2 days off of work because I went to a doctor because I got my back too hurt from work.

Best thing about my job; basically 0 responsability/0 stress or anxiety inducing which is something not many jobs can be proud of. So that's that.

Edited by Javfly33

That sounds brutal. So, you’re fortunate to have a job—but you are not earning a LP fortune.

Why do I suspect the situation is more complicated?

How do you go ahead thinking about this situation? So you value dating, socializing, life purpose, not feeling too tired to do those things, and you value having a job. Having money? Or having a sense of safety? 
Seems like your reference to ‘buckling down and working harder’ is only going to get you so far—or backward. 

Do you really NEED (back) stability or do you really WANT the ‘lifestyle?’

You are talking as if dating or socializing is your life “purpose” but you seem to be assuming teleological elements into your definition of purpose. Reproducing is a ‘purpose.’ Charity is a ‘purpose.’ Learning is a ‘purpose.’ But Socializing? I’m not saying socializing or dating is not your life purpose. Are they?

@RobertZ yes they are in this case. They are deeply related with my LP and I need to master them before I can proceed to my LP 

6 minutes ago, RobertZ said:

That sounds brutal. So, you’re fortunate to have a job—but you are not earning a LP fortune.

Why do I suspect the situation is more complicated?

How do you go ahead thinking about this situation? So you value dating, socializing, life purpose, not feeling too tired to do those things, and you value having a job. Having money? Or having a sense of safety? 
Seems like your reference to ‘buckling down and working harder’ is only going to get you so far—or backward. 

Do you really NEED (back) stability or do you really WANT the ‘lifestyle?’

You are talking as if dating or socializing is your life “purpose” but you seem to be assuming teleological elements into your definition of purpose. Reproducing is a ‘purpose.’ Charity is a ‘purpose.’ Learning is a ‘purpose.’ But Socializing? I’m not saying socializing or dating is not your life purpose. Are they?

I really want the lifestyle.

But I doubt I could land a better job if I quit it. Maybe one without night shift would be better, but then probably it would be even more precarious idk it's a shitty situation

38 minutes ago, RobertZ said:

Thanks guys yeah I also think I should really stop working night shift, but I am holding on because my company each year have opportunities to change to morning or afternoon shift, so I am waiting for that instead of finding a unstable new job. Luckily I have only 2 more weeks till vacation and I will be able to make a reset to my biological clock.

Having a social life outside of a night shift work schedule is a fucking struggle. Even without a lockdown and social distancing restrictions. Everything feels so forced, because it won’t happen unless you make it happen.

@Willie how much did you work night shift continued? I'm going to complete 4 months and I'm on the verge on losing my shit hahaha thankfully I have one month vacation coming in to inquiry and contemplate what to do 

@Javfly33 Ideally, find another job before quitting this one, but if It's too much to bear, then just quit. 

I quit my soul sucking job at the end of March. I found another in May.

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Maybe you can combine getting better at social skills with working a job? A job in face-to-face sales would be perfect for that imo. I've done numerous sales jobs where I had to talk to people constantly. You learn to relate to everyone. It didn't even feel like working for me as I experienced a lot of joy through connecting with strangers and getting better at it. You become a lot more free flowing and costumers start to respond very well to you after some time. I had many experiences of costumers flirting with me. Once a mother came up to me with her 2 daughters and introduced them to me lol. Countless experiences of attraction & connection. For example, when I started out doing these 'social' jobs, I worked at a supermarket booth for selling coffee. When I started, no one was interested, but after some time, I couldn't keep up with all those people wanting to talk to me. Lots of flirting with women as well. So that is to say that a sales job offers a lot of opportunity to learn how to connect. I was very introverted and socially anxious when I began. When you talk to so many people, automatically you become more grounded & flowing. 

You can learn how to flirt while working a sales job. In fact, it's an easy route to learn flirting through working a sales job. You just have to choose the right sales job that offers the right opportunities. For example a multimedia company. An apple reseller would be ideal. You don't actively try to seduce her, but rather, you engage her from a playful state where you don't care, are relaxed and leading the interaction. You flirt through playing with the tension. Jokes, eye contact, smile, teasing. It can even be sexual, but you have to be really embodied and connected then. It can happen in an instant. 

It's good to work a job to survive and get your basic needs met. It's much better to get a job that actually fulfills you on a deeper level in terms of joy in the present moment & also how it helps you grow and embody your values. It won't be your life purpose or highest aspiration, but if it can help you get there....

Do you eat well, exercise, yoga, etc? 

What’s your current schedule, are you awake all day then go to work, or go to work and have spare time after?

I’d focus on micro habits with something you really enjoy “this week I’ll practice x for 10 minutes a day” we all have ten minutes. If something sparks you’ll pick the pace up, get in a good rhythm and build momentum. 

Edited by B222

5 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

Maybe you can combine getting better at social skills with working a job? A job in face-to-face sales would be perfect for that imo. I've done numerous sales jobs where I had to talk to people constantly. You learn to relate to everyone. It didn't even feel like working for me as I experienced a lot of joy through connecting with strangers and getting better at it. You become a lot more free flowing and costumers start to respond very well to you after some time. I had many experiences of costumers flirting with me. Once a mother came up to me with her 2 daughters and introduced them to me lol. Countless experiences of attraction & connection. For example, when I started out doing these 'social' jobs, I worked at a supermarket booth for selling coffee. When I started, no one was interested, but after some time, I couldn't keep up with all those people wanting to talk to me. Lots of flirting with women as well. So that is to say that a sales job offers a lot of opportunity to learn how to connect. I was very introverted and socially anxious when I began. When you talk to so many people, automatically you become more grounded & flowing. 

You can learn how to flirt while working a sales job. In fact, it's an easy route to learn flirting through working a sales job. You just have to choose the right sales job that offers the right opportunities. For example a multimedia company. An apple reseller would be ideal. You don't actively try to seduce her, but rather, you engage her from a playful state where you don't care, are relaxed and leading the interaction. You flirt through playing with the tension. Jokes, eye contact, smile, teasing. It can even be sexual, but you have to be really embodied and connected then. It can happen in an instant. 

It's good to work a job to survive and get your basic needs met. It's much better to get a job that actually fulfills you on a deeper level in terms of joy in the present moment & also how it helps you grow and embody your values. It won't be your life purpose or highest aspiration, but if it can help you get there....

Thanks for the motivation bro, will keep your advice in mind ?

1 hour ago, B222 said:

Do you eat well, exercise, yoga, etc? 

What’s your current schedule, are you awake all day then go to work, or go to work and have spare time after?

I’d focus on micro habits with something you really enjoy “this week I’ll practice x for 10 minutes a day” we all have ten minutes. If something sparks you’ll pick the pace up, get in a good rhythm and build momentum. 

I don't exercise mainly because my job is highly physical so doing something as lifting weights or calisthenics would probably give an overstress to the muscles and bones. I actually took some days off last week because my back was too sore of the work load. 

I should probably do Yoga mainly to stretch my soreness right.

I also have to finally the ditch the damn Kratom because I was physically addicted to it, and still I don't feel quite good without it and sometimes it confuses me I'm not sure if I'm tired because of work+sleeping on the morning or either because my body is in withdrawal