CBDinfused

(Another) Solipsism thread - How are we all "one"?

24 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're not appreciating how radical it is to be God.

thank you, I was upset with some minor stupidity regarding America in the moment,  this calmed my nerves......

6 hours ago, CBDinfused said:

While I certainly fully grasp the idea of Oneness, Nonduality and/or Holism, how do you explain Solipsism (or lack thereof) as a truth?

How do you explain unicorns (or lack there of) as a truth?  As a belief, in unicorns. 

What I don't get is, how WE are all one, if we, as unique experiential fields are "infinitely" separate from one another, from an experiential point of view? I understand that there is no separation between different people, as physical objects, but at the end of the day, I still experience a "me" and I trust that other people are also experiencing a "me". 

One appears as two.

I feel like Leo tends to sidestep this discussion and often makes comments like "for all I know, you are just my mind playing tricks on me" bla bla. and I have seen other people (mods) saying things like "who said other people are conscious"? 

What are your thoughts on this? How have you guys made conclusions on this? I hope for something more elaborate than "I can't explain it in words". 

EDIT: Sorry for this obnoxious comment but please do not reply to this thread if your reply will simply be a one-liners like "all is one" "because it is" etc. "isn't it so?". Please take a moment to elaborate your thought. I understand that not all things can be explained through words, but please at least try. 

The assumption is that consciousness is a property or product of a person. Imagine water appearing as fish, then believing water arises from fish. Look for the joke and the punchline. Water obviously doesn’t arise from fish, and consciousness doesn’t arise from people. It’s ok to spot the absurdity of it all.  Might realize an insight, or connect a dot or two… Solipsism, Nihilism & The Dark Night of The Soul

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 6/19/2021 at 6:45 PM, CBDinfused said:

I understand the nature of consciousness is the same, but why do we have different fields of experience? 

Actually you don't understand otherwise you wouldn't be asking such a question.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, CBDinfused said:

It isn't necessarily that I take it seriously, it is that people like Leo preach it, so I am curious of the logic behind it.

This is exactly what the problem is, you're trying to use logic for Understanding, yet logic is a facet of the mind which differs for each of us, so what logic are you even trying to use? Something that is partial can never understand wholeness.

Edited by Absolute