CBDinfused

(Another) Solipsism thread - How are we all "one"?

24 posts in this topic

While I have been exploring "truth" through experience, there is one area that I really feel is quite unclear for me.

In another thread someone posted this video where he attempts to explain "Oneness". (Not necessary to watch it).  

While I certainly fully grasp the idea of Oneness, Nonduality and/or Holism, how do you explain Solipsism (or lack thereof) as a truth?

Example:  I get it. There is no tree without the sun, the rain etc and from my perspective, I am creating separations between things.  I also understand oneness from the perspective that fields of consciousness must in someway or another belong to some grand scheme of "everything"/Brahman. 

What I don't get is, how WE are all one, if we, as unique experiential fields are "infinitely" separate from one another, from an experiential point of view? I understand that there is no separation between different people, as physical objects, but at the end of the day, I still experience a "me" and I trust that other people are also experiencing a "me". 

I feel like Leo tends to sidestep this discussion and often makes comments like "for all I know, you are just my mind playing tricks on me" bla bla. and I have seen other people (mods) saying things like "who said other people are conscious"? 

What are your thoughts on this? How have you guys made conclusions on this? I hope for something more elaborate than "I can't explain it in words". 

EDIT: Sorry for this obnoxious comment but please do not reply to this thread if your reply will simply be a one-liners like "all is one" "because it is" etc. "isn't it so?". Please take a moment to elaborate your thought. I understand that not all things can be explained through words, but please at least try. 

Edited by CBDinfused

22 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Because there is Only ONE 

Thank you for not reading my post

@CBDinfused I think it's because the 'shape' of the one thing there is, is a strange loop. A paradox. 

It defies logic. 

It's a dog chasing it's own tail, thinking it's tail is separate from itself. 

It's finite infinity. 

It's really imaginary. It's imaginarily real. 

The one thing (singular) there is, is everything (plural). 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The I (and consciousness) in everyone is the same. There is no one who is either connected to nor separate from what appears.

Just now, The0Self said:

The I (and consciousness) in everyone is the same. There is no one who is either connected to nor separate from what appears.

I understand the nature of consciousness is the same, but why do we have different fields of experience? 

There is only You. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@CBDinfused I think it's because the 'shape' of the one thing there is, is a strange loop. A paradox. 

It defies logic. 

It's a dog chasing it's own tail, thinking it's tail is separate from itself. 

It's finite infinity. 

It's really imaginary. It's imaginarily real. 

The one thing (singular) there is, is everything (plural). 

I follow you, but who is to say that our fields of experience aren't lets say infinitely separate timelines that never merge but simply cross one another (in different lives and contexts etc)?

Other people's consciousness exist in the same way your own ten years ago consciousness does right now. Not as an actuality, but just as potentiality.

My consciousness does not exist somewhere outside of your perceptual field right now. We're not alive and conscious at the same time as two separate bubbles.

I, or anyone you can interact with, am not any more conscious/real than your own 2 year-old self, or people you think of as being dead.

All posibilities exist superposed beyond time as infinite potentiality, but only one can be actualized at a time, and it's the one you're experiencing right now.

You call call this solipsism or not, that's irrelevant and it depends of how you define that term. But if you think there's a contradiction beetween your experiencing being the only thing that exists right now, and me also having a conscious experience, it's becouse you don't get it

Edited by Fran11

@CBDinfused no reason it can't be. You are part of 'my experience', I am part of yours.. they are both part of the same Experience(happening). 

Similarly, when I see a tree, everything occurring inside the tree seems to be occurring, even if I can only see the outside of the tree.  The tree and [my perspecive] are both part of everything. 

Is there anything inside the tree if I can't experience it, or is there only stuff going on inside the tree when I look? That part doesn't seem to matter. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

25 minutes ago, CBDinfused said:

I understand the nature of consciousness is the same, but why do we have different fields of experience? 

Why wouldn’t there be? There’s nothing limiting that tendency.

it's like a strange trick, apparently I have a separate experience, but it's not real. With the formation of mental patterns this illusion of individuality is created. These patterns can be undone and it is seen through the illusion, not that the others do not exist, but that I do not exist. there is only one whole that is, and it is us, talking to ourselves at this very moment by virtue of a kind of energetic architecture, which is formed in the mind from the innate duality life / death, acceptance / rejection, and here the self is created and expands, but it's nothing more than a mental pattern

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

The most recent theories and most accurate studies indicate clearly that there are only 5 conscious beings in the entire universe. But you don't read enough books to know what I'm talking about, but you're lucky to read this comment. I am one of those 5 beings, and if you are, feel free to sign up here: www.itsajoke.com

Isn't it? :P

Only problem is you take Solipsism more seriously than my FIVEipsism.

It isn't necessarily that I take it seriously, it is that people like Leo preach it, so I am curious of the logic behind it.

I understand that at the end of the day, reaching enlightenment is completely dismantling the idea of a self to the point where you become "empty" or "nothing" and that there is "no self" but I am curious what this implies for other fields of experience. If they are infinitely seperate, or somehow linked?

Solipsism is really nothing more than the acknowledgement that I can't prove to myself that you are having an experience.  

Solipsism can be rejected, because I also can't prove to myself that you are not having an experience. 

It 'seems' to me like you are having an experience, just like it 'seems' like there are trees... and that seems to be the same as there 'actually' being trees, and you 'actually' having an experience. 

Oneness is the whole thing. Notice that your consciousness of time passing can never have a single frame of experience; it is the same thing. You are imagining all things.

@CBDinfused Consider, your conscious mind can predict in advance entire lines of dialogue you will say. You cannot do this with others. Why? If only your mind exists, there is surely existent at least some separate inaccessible part of it. And if so, what's the difference between that and multiple minds?

Also consider WHO or WHAT sees from your perspective. Consider for a moment that what is seeing from your eyes right now as you read this, is God. No not you AND God. JUST God. You are an appearance within that. You don't experience you, God does.

i can only "feel" it, I can't describe the feeling on my mother tongue (go Croatia!) 

5 hours ago, CBDinfused said:

but at the end of the day, I still experience a "me" and I trust that other people are also experiencing a "me". 

That's the chief illusion right there.

God is creating a dream, full of dream characters, including your human self.

All the characters are imaginary. You're not appreciating how radical it is to be God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.