Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dazgwny

A view on Leo

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has previously been posted so forgive me and just delete it if so. But I just came across this video. Personally I think the guys full of shit and struggled to sit through his babble of bullshit, just my personal opinion. What would you say in response to this dude @Leo Gura ? Or anyone here’s response for that matter?

I think the general point he's making - namely the fact that a foundation of ignorance will distort everything one builds on top of that - is important, reasonable and valid.

@Dazgwny I don't think he's "full of shit", that's inconsiderate and leaves out the valuable things he said. 

However, everything he said in this video can basically be condensed into: "Leo has Miccā Diṭṭhi (wrong views)".

That's it. He just says that Leo's views are wrong. He doesn't say what exactly he thinks is wrong with Leo's views. He seems to cling to the Buddhist teachings. The whole frame within which he interpreted and criticized Leo's view is that of Buddhism. So that's not a good thing. He needs to step outside Buddhism. 

When judge and say he's full of shit, how does that make you feel? Remember that there's no body there. This is a powerful hallucination happening and he's really you as the one field of consciousness only the ego is running off an automatic program. Don't forget your true nature

Edited by Adrian325

It's just unfortunate he won't awaken to his own self bias. Just give up the dogma and grasp what is directly True already. He just had no substance to any of his critique and a clear lack of understanding and exp with psychedelics.

Leo has made this clear, the average seeker will not awaken to this level without psychedelics. The whole premice of the video was based around that. Only the spiritually gifted and that is clearly not him. It is not possible. 

Edited by Godishere

I’m still trying to figure out what his brand of Buddhism is. A new and improved version or interpretation,,,,?  Can anyone say? He seems sincere but,,,, I don’t know. ?‍♂️

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

If he recognizes there is no right or wrong understanding or way to be, he will be out of things to talk about.

Ego does not like being out of things to talk about.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It looks like the guy dont realize that materialism is part of the illusion?

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:
2 hours ago, Tim R said:

The whole frame within which he interpreted and criticized Leo's view is that of Buddhism. So that's not a good thing. He needs to step outside Buddhism. 

Where do you want him to criticize Leo from?

@Gesundheit2 From no particular position. I for example don't subscribe to any one teaching, school or dogma and neither does Leo (maybe his own lol), so that's really the only place you could come from. 

No matter the critique, it will be dismissed.

I'm not defending Leo here, but I don't think that he will dismiss the critique "no matter what". I've uttered my criticism over a couple of things he has said and I don't think he dismissed these things. When the critique is well-founded, he is rather open to it. 

All what this guy is saying is that Leo has wrong views because he seems to have reached some conceptual conclusions about the ultimate nature of reality and because of how he seems to cling to those conclusions as if they're absolute truth, which is precisely what Buddhism warns you from.

I kinda agree with you on that one, but not necessarily in the case for Leo. He doesn't teach conclusive concepts. Obviously he needs concepts to communicate his teachings, but what he's pointing to is not concepts.

(...and I don't think that's what this guys was saying anyway, he was going more in the direction of "Leo has misunderstood something and then build a house of misunderstanding on that basis"). 

There will always be different interpretations by different people.

It is just an opinion using thoughts like everybody else.

Go your own path and see what is true.

But I dont understand people on Youtube commenting and "debunking" others.

I speak in general and not just this guy.

I sense a big ego from people who are trying to constantly debunk others and to show how they are right and the other is wrong.

Typical humans ??

As I said go your own path, listen to teachers and different teachings but dont hold a particular one as the ultimate truth. 

Concepts and words and thoughts can NOT grasp the infinite and to say this is so and this is not so using a finite mind to grasp the ungraspable and then arguing about that this finite model is more and better then your model.

Lol.

It is infinite, you can speak about it forever and still miss infinite more of it.

Some concepts might be more of use then others but thats about it ime.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius