tatsumaru

Is spirituality going to destroy entrepreneurship/life purpose?

68 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Man this is so funny

@asifarahim 

Yeah my browser is not properly loading this forum hence the wiered words

5 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@asifarahim Did the job really cause less suffering than your Life Purpose?

My lifepurpose is to be police officer.but it need an exam to pass.but that exam select people for other jobs like accountant , typist etc.so i started focusing on getting job with  less working hours.this change in mindset changed my daily work into a chore and mechanical.as the meaning is gone my  mindset changed into toxic one.

5 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@asifarahim

What specific symptoms did you match with the toxic Life Purpose? Or was it literally all of it? Did you have to participate in a job that harmed society?

I started blaming my mom for all the problens i am having.i even blamed leo for this.and i put 1or 2 toxic comments in this forum scapegoating leo.i was living everyday with something empty in my life

Yeah i am an unemployed male.i did not change jobs.i changed my mindset when working in same task.and change in mindset made me toxic .also when i reversed my mindset i become happy

@preventingdiabetes Spiritual bypassing is when you rationalize something unhealthy as actually being good because it's "spiritual", like rationalizing submissiveness as being loving, devoted, and detached. Ignoring lower needs is not necessarily spiritual bypassing, even if it's not healthy. If you think ignoring lower needs is spiritual, then it's spiritual bypassing.

The healing power of love will show the right way.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

On 3/09/2021 at 8:59 AM, martins name said:

Ignoring lower needs is not necessarily spiritual bypassing, even if it's not healthy.

@martins name If you are ignoring your lower needs to devote all of your time and energy to doing consciousness work (e.g. meditation, yoga, self-inquiry, etc), isn't this spiritual bypassing?

@preventingdiabetes No, not as I understand it. Spiritual bypassing is a form of rationalization. It's not about how you prioritize but the story you are telling yourself about it. Gautama Buddha almost starving to death under the bodhi thee wasn't spiritual bypassing.

On 3/09/2021 at 8:59 AM, martins name said:

The healing power of love will show the right way.

@martins name How do you connect more with this 'healing power of love'?

13 hours ago, martins name said:

Spiritual bypassing is a form of rationalization. It's not about how you prioritize but the story you are telling yourself about it. Gautama Buddha almost starving to death under the bodhi thee wasn't spiritual bypassing.

That makes sense. So spiritual bypassing has nothing to do with how you prioritize or what your priorities are, right? You could just ignore your lower needs and shoot straight for Enlightenment. But that is quite rare and not recommended, right?

Edited by preventingdiabetes

7 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

That makes sense. So spiritual bypassing has nothing to do with how you prioritize or what your priorities are, right? You could just ignore your lower needs and shoot straight for Enlightenment. But that is quite rare and not recommended, right?

In my view if you are prioritising enlightenment over your lower needs this is spiritual bypassing. Most of the time you would be using enlightenment as a way not to deal with for example either traumas that you might have or the hard work of becoming self sufficient. If you think of it like everything builds on top of everything else so enlightenment is built on top of having these other needs sorted out. A lot of the time when this isnt the case quite negative things can happen, look at sexual allegations in spiritual communities or people just going completely off the rails on psychedelics. 

The question would be, why wouldnt you want to sort out your trauma before prioritising enlightenment? The only answer I could think is that you want to bypass it, which is fine but i just dont think it works.   

7 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

How do you connect more with this 'healing power of love'?

Cultivate love. Feel your body as hollow and filled with beautiful energetic light of all colors. Breathe in feeling the middle of your chest. Breathe out as you create an explosion of love in your chest. It's an explosion of light and energy radiating out to the rest of your body. Also feel it radiating out from your body into the world, nourishing it. Feel the light forgiving you. All of you.

8 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

That makes sense. So spiritual bypassing has nothing to do with how you prioritize or what your priorities are, right? You could just ignore your lower needs and shoot straight for Enlightenment.

yes.

8 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

But that is quite rare and not recommended, right?

We need to make a distinction between psychological needs and physical needs. On the physical side, you have to survive. It can't be ignored. On the psychological side, I subscribe to a spirituality that doesn't see a conflict between lower needs and consciousness expansion. You should open all your chakras and as you open your lower chakras your energy will naturally rise to the higher chakras. The buddhist path is about ignoring the lower chakras/needs and going straight for enlightenment. This works in the short term as you can quickly get enlightenment experiences this way. But these enlightenment experiences often doesn't stick. It's common for buddhists to have had 10+ enlightenment experiences and still not be permanently enlightened.  On the Hindu yogic path of kundalini, it's common that people get their first enlightenment when they have raised their kundalini all the way to the head. This takes a longer time but this way it sticks for good. Tho I subscribe to a combination of SantataGamanas kriya yoga and Tara Springetts tummo Buddhism which combines the two. Start the spiritual practice by cultivating bliss in the form of for example, comfort, pleasure, joy and love. Then when that bliss has stilled your mind, let go of everything and just sit.