Radu97

Unbiased news sources

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys! The title says it all.

What unbiased news sources do you recommend? I normally follow vice but that's about it. Cnn and bbc I don't really trust. So which do you follow and which do you think are more authentic and unbiased?

Thanks

The Associated Press is generally really good at just reporting news without any significant bias. Although I've been quite skeptical of them since they fired one of their journalsts for her pro-Palestinian opinions.

Reuters also seems pretty good.

I also like to check with fact checking websites like Snopes or Factcheck.org. They are generally pretty unbiased and nuanced.

Wikipedia is actually also a great place to get mostly unbiased information, but isn't really made for keeping up with current events. I usually like to use it to read up on background information about current events whenever I need more context on something.

@Radu97 That's an almost impossible undertaking because news sources will inevitably be biased. A better question would be what are the most holistic news sources. David Packman is pretty solid, not perfect, but solid. 

Edited by Harlen Kelly

I like reading articles about politics, technology etc and normally read on my tablet/phone the NYT, vice, Medium and google news. I have noticed that these are sources which are more holistic and less biased when regarding world issues and social issues. I also listen to david pakman sometimes even thought I am not from the US.

Not sure there's such a thing as unbiased, but The Hill is pretty good.

https://theconversation.com/us

Would highly recommend The Conversation as a high quality, complex news analysis source that's relatively neutral and unbiased.

Vox also does very good reporting and analysis, though they do skew Left (not a big deal if you know that ahead of time, and get your information from a variety of sources)

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Kim Iverson, Kyle Kulinski seem to be the most honest and well-thought-out people.  

David Pakman reminds me of the news version of Sam Harris and he was a conservative in his past life and in this life a newly reformed liberal

20 hours ago, Tanz said:

Kim Iverson, Kyle Kulinski seem to be the most honest and well-thought-out people.  

Oh God, you poor soul.. 

On 17/06/2021 at 9:13 PM, Radu97 said:

What unbiased news sources do you recommend? 

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

It's not about finding an unbiased source. It's about integrating many sources for yourself and actually using your own original thinking.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For as long the creator is driven by survival the resources will be biased. Does not mean biased resources have nothing to teach you

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Opo said:

Oh God, you poor soul.. 

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

lol im well aware at the end of the day they are just news people that do research on the internet which doesn't mean very much.
What I should have said was these people seem to have their own minds and way of thinking on what they think is right and not what other tell them...There are arent any news people that travel independently and spend the time getting multiple perspectives because they would have to be rich to do that.  The people that can travel are paid by people that have a perspective and agenda they want to inject into others.  

45 minutes ago, Tanz said:

What I should have said was these people seem to have their own minds and way of thinking on what they think is right and not what other tell them...

Nah he is under the control of his leftist audience. 

When the gme shit was happening he was brainlessly repeating lies to them and they loved it. 

They probably gave him a lot of money for that which is probably similar mechanism that you think happens in the mainstream. Be a good boy and you get some money be a bad one and we take it away. 

@Opo He probably is pandering to his audience to some degree, but I hardly think he's making a lot of money.  He's been wearing Macys suits for a long time.  

The only alternative to get unbias news is someone that is well educated enough that wants to stay poor or someone from a well-to-do background that is willing to call out the very system that they benefited from and somehow they got enlightened during the process.  

The guys who were right on topics that went against mainstream pressure.

The guys who were wrong on topics they did hype up and at least apologised and took responsibility later on.

The guys who ciriticize their own group and try to clean it.

The guys who publicize facts that goes against their own political interests to give truth it's value.

Edited by Epikur

7 hours ago, Tanz said:

@Opo He probably is pandering to his audience to some degree, but I hardly think he's making a lot of money.  He's been wearing Macys suits for a long time.  

The only thing I've seen Joe Rogan wear is t-shirts. That means he's poor. 

7 hours ago, Tanz said:

The only alternative to get unbias news is someone that is well educated enough that wants to stay poor or someone from a well-to-do background that is willing to call out the very system that they benefited from and somehow they got enlightened during the process.  

Lol the people are desperate for truth. 

You don't need to lie to make money. 

@Opo the people that make the most money, sellout to large wealth funding them.

The last honest person that I know of on mainstream was Anthony Bourdain but he spent his time talking about corruption in other countries not his own. Primarily because CNN was funding his work.

Abby Martin, Matt Taibbi are the independent people I have in mind that do investigation... He was saying how much early on. Trump had a real shot seeing the rallies..

Personally I don't think anyone can meet your ideals and standards.

The website you posted is busy and I didn't spend the time going through everything but based on what I see. A site like that would cost a lot of money to build up and maintain 

6 hours ago, Tanz said:

@Opo Personally I don't think anyone can meet your ideals and standards.

Meep meep

It's a spectrum.