Rajneeshpuram

Is Elliot Hulse dismissing spirituality?

21 posts in this topic

What he's saying is perfectly compatible with spirituality in a metamodernist sense, and it's also true.  Reintegrate back into the dream, everyone, learn to treat it as real and *live* it as real, because that's what God wants you to do.  God doesn't want you to wake up from the dream, he put you in that dream for a reason.  At the very most, God wants you to be lucid dreaming.  You're supposed to play along with it, which is what Elliot is doing consciously by even calling it your 'manly responsibility'.  Some of you will mistake that as a sign of a stage red or orange mentality, but it's actually a higher stage (though remember SD is just a model) roleplaying as the lower.

Yes it's important to transcend everything and that's where philosophies such as nondualism come in, but afterwards it's also necessary to transcend even those, which means reintegrating.

It isn't dismissing spirituality, it's grounding spirituality back into the mundane, which is where its true power lies.

Edited by kinesin

2 minutes ago, kinesin said:

What he's saying is perfectly compatible with spirituality in a metamodernist sense, and it's also true.  Reintegrate back into the dream, everyone, learn to treat it as real and *live* it as real, because that's what God wants you to do.  God doesn't want you to wake up from the dream, he put you in that dream for a reason.  At the very most, God wants you to be lucid dreaming.  You're supposed to play along with it, which is what Elliot is doing consciously by even calling it your 'manly responsibility'.

Yes it's important to transcend everything and that's where philosophies such as nondualism come in, but afterwards it's also necessary to transcend even those, which means reintegrating.

It isn't dismissing spirituality, it's grounding spirituality back into the mundane, which is where its true power lies.

The majority of oriental philosophies and spiritial schools point that the ego is the origin of all suffering because it has desires and attachments, this way is impossible to live a happy life.

Btw, Ellliot has told previously in other videos that the purpose of men in this world is to suffer, to sacrifice himself like jesus in the cross.... kinda toxic masculinity with masochism. 

First mistake: asking an ego how to transcend the ego.

This dude is a fox guarding the hen house.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners. ??

@Rajneeshpuram Happiness and fulfillment are not the same thing at all. Chasing after happiness gets you absolutely nowhere. The foundation of living is to suffer because the priority of a living being is to survive. This is where discipline comes in, and Elliot is 100% right on that part, although, I don't agree with everything of course. 

Elliott Hulse has taught me an amazing life lesson in the past few years. Never idolize anyone too much. If you do look up to somebody, learn what their shadow is. 

Almost every person I idolized a decade ago has let me down. 

@Rajneeshpuram don't expect to learn everything from one guy. You need millions teachers. By criticizing him you criticize yourself. Take the gold leave the soil.

Edited by sethman
Missing word

I'm surprised people on here would watch him. He is low conscious and toxic. There are much people rolemodels

2 hours ago, herghly said:

He is low conscious and toxic.

No he isn't, but such a glib dismissal of another human being certainly is.

1 hour ago, kinesin said:

No he isn't, but such a glib dismissal of another human being certainly is.

??? Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners.

3 hours ago, herghly said:

I'm surprised people on here would watch him. He is low conscious and toxic. There are much people rolemodels

He honestly wasn't toxic at the start of his Youtube journey. He was quite inspiring actually. But he's fallen for the MAGA cult and basically made a fool of himself to his more conscious ex-viewers. 

9 hours ago, Depersonilized said:

@Rajneeshpuram Happiness and fulfillment are not the same thing at all. Chasing after happiness gets you absolutely nowhere. The foundation of living is to suffer because the priority of a living being is to survive. This is where discipline comes in, and Elliot is 100% right on that part, although, I don't agree with everything of course. 

Of course, nature and survival is cruel from ego perspective, they key is to be a strategician and be ready for the highs and lows,  remain stoic, accept everything as a lesson, with this behaviour is impossible to not be happy, no matter what is happening in your life.

By a happy life I dont mean be happy every day 24/7, this is nonsense, I mean to be imperturbable in front of adversities or joy, be free from the outcome  of things we cant control.

He has had a massive backlash. His green shadow is enormous and he is deeply ingrained in stage blue and red. The way he talks about women or "effeminate" men is just next level ignorance. He talks about things which he doesn't understand in the least (I'm not condemning him for that). 

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners. 

8 hours ago, herghly said:

He is low conscious and toxic.

His ways might be toxic to you or might not perfectly be aligned with Leosim, but he's definetly not low conscious nor has a toxic personality, infact he helps people and thats the whole point of his channel.

Just because someone has different approach to life and spirituality does not mean he's better/worse theres tons of value you can gain from his teachings, even this video.

@Rajneeshpuram Oh for sure. I think it should be said that there is a real issue with stoicism as a worldview however, or maybe another way to put it is using stoicism as it's own end. I find the being stoic is a state of mind or consciousness as a result of seeking a higher goal, so that's important as well. There needs to be a higher purpose in your life beyond the means to get there. Otherwise you just end up suppressing negative feelings you actually have towards things you don't like, and that creates a real clusterfuck in your mind. Just wanted to add that. 

@meow_meow

On 6/17/2021 at 5:41 PM, meow_meow said:

His ways might be toxic to you or might not perfectly be aligned with Leosim, but he's definetly not low conscious nor has a toxic personality, infact he helps people and thats the whole point of his channel.

Just because someone has different approach to life and spirituality does not mean he's better/worse theres tons of value you can gain from his teachings, even this video.

This is quite similar to people who have careers in combat sports and martial artists. Some of those people genuinely want to pursue them, yet most people here who are highly conscious look down on them, mainly at most of the fighters, but not all of the fighters are that egoic. AA few of them are passionate to be able to flow and move effortlessly in whatever combat sports or martial arts they do. Elliot Hulse has great body awareness, yet has a weaker mind awareness.

Every person that lives, has many flaws to keep in mind.

20 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@meow_meow

This is quite similar to people who have careers in combat sports and martial artists. Some of those people genuinely want to pursue them, yet most people here who are highly conscious look down on them, mainly at most of the fighters, but not all of the fighters are that egoic. AA few of them are passionate to be able to flow and move effortlessly in whatever combat sports or martial arts they do. Elliot Hulse has great body awareness, yet has a weaker mind awareness.

Every person that lives, has many flaws to keep in mind.

For me it looks more like group thinking/collective ego.
kinda like:

- If Leo doesn't like Eliott - we don't like Eliott.

I wonder what would happen if Leo would flip his attitude towards Eliott, and would be positive towards Eliotts ways of teaching. 
IMO then we wouldn't see topics like these.

Also I disagree with what you're saying. 

20 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

most people here who are highly conscious look down on them

'Looking down' is judging isnt it? Would a person considered to be "high conscious" really judge an MMA fighter? I highly doubt that.