TheAvatarState

Reality looks like a cartoon

10 posts in this topic

My everyday waking reality looks and feels like a dream or cartoon. It's not "bad" or "terrifying" to me at this point, just strange and kind of funny. I would expect that my brain would adapt and call these new perceptions "normal" after a while, but that hasn't been my experience. The "cartoonish" perception has gotten More pronounced over the course of 2-3 years despite not taking any more psychedelics. 

I'll try to explain it in more detail (but it's very difficult). If any of you have played around with the sliders in Instagram, it's like this. From what I remember as normal, it's like I turned up contrast, saturation, and sharpness 30% ish. And not just that, the shapes of objects themselves are "cartoonish" like they're sharper and rounder at the same time. It's sort of like being on a LSD microdose with light DMT visuals, but not really. My 

This phenomenon doesn't seem like normal HPPD (I could be wrong). Nothing "moves" or "waves." Whatever this is, is probably permanent. Why I'm posting this on the forum today is because this has gotten weirder all of a sudden. I haven't tripped in 2 years. 

I'm curious if any of you lovely souls have experienced this, and whether it got "worse" or "better." I'd like to clarify that it DOESN'T in any way mess with my ability to function or operate machinery. It's not just psychedelic related, I believe it can also happen with large changes in consciousness. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Probably just you realizing Infinity from the perspective of seeing it as an Infinite Cartoon. xD

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@OctagonOctopus yup, it's one ever-folding /never-unfolding comic book. ;)

I love your username! Gave me a good laugh

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState

Haha thanks, I'm just a mime who likes to make things rhyme :P

It's interesting watching time unfold, where is it going? What is it doing? Most people don't take the time to sit and just watch it go by, too busy watching the watch on their wrist that tells them they gotta be somewhere doing something. 

Infinite Beauty all around, everywhere you look. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@OctagonOctopus

Who but 

W.B. Mason 

To tell you life's mysteries?

Carry on my wayward sun...

Sent from my iEgo

Such things can happen when you get very conscious. When I stop listening to thoughts and focus on looking at things they become more lsd like with a higher resolution and brighter color and "rounder". 

On meditation retreats it is also common that people getting so conscious that they start seeing faces in the grain of wood. 

So I think it depends on how much it has changed. 

But for me it's sometimes like weaving. I mean that I can zoom back and then it's more like "picture,feeling, picture, feeling" as if every moment is appearing out of nowhere again and again and when I focus on objects they slightly change form every frame (your head's moving) 

Haha this feels familiar!

I also have this perception sorta, reality feels like an illusion, like it is not really there.

But at the same time it feels completely real, such an paradox

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@TheAvatarState

What you're describing sounds exactly like the visuals I have on about 1.5g of mushrooms. Always reminds me of the graphics of a video game called Borderlands.

I have something similar sober. Not cartoonish, but things just don't appear so static anymore. When I look at them, they don't wobble around or something, but it feels as though they are wobbling and morphing in shape and size, juuust a tiny bit. As if everything breathes. It looks just like when you look down on a highway on a super hot day, when there are "heat waves" visible. Just by far not that extreme. Plus it's more of a feeling than a visual appearance. Kinda like a fata morgana.

Everything looks like a cartoon? Here's a picture of my pet rabbit Fred. Anything at all unusual?

bugs.png