charlie cho

48 Laws of Power - We underestimate how much political play affects us

2 posts in this topic

Maybe I was naive. Being in my early 20s, Direct confrontation, brawl fighting, debates, war between countries, hostile word exchanges, business competition, competition of competency were the only matters that concerned me in terms of warfare and conflict. I knew political warfare existed in society, but I had always underestimated the scale that it has the potential to destroy a person's life if he or she is not careful in understanding this. When he does not acknowledge such dynamics exists in the first place, he is entirely deluding himself of reality. We don't want to ignore reality.

I recommend reading this book. Also, read Machiavelli's The Prince. Read Sun Tzu's Art of War since politics is basically about warfare and competition. Read the Analects from Confucius is you want to know the cunning ways to devise yourself to have a powerful reputation amongst others. 

Much of the hostilities we face when we are aiming for financial freedom, health, and relationships, we must understand how others ujustly may take advantage of you politically. Being a pacifist in the face of wolves is the source of endless tragedy... Learn about power dynamics if you don't want tragedy in the world.

Edited by charlie cho

In society we defenetly will face stage red people , who get things done by hook or crock.so machiavellianism is inevitable.no one is excluded from it.everyone have to survive somehow.

Edited by asifarahim