Epikur

Sweden one of the highest rates of gun violence in Europe

33 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2021 at 9:44 AM, Peter-Andre said:

Most of the violence we've seen in Sweden in recent times has come from poorer neighborhoods, which do tend to have more immigrants in them. However, based my research so far, I can't tell if these neighborhoods are poor because of immigration, or if it's because of other policies. A lot of people here seem to be assuming it's just the former, but I think we should be careful with jumping to such conclusions.

Is the problem here really immigration, or is it poor integration of immigrants and economic policies that have increased inequality in Sweden?

You assume that money is the only reason for violence even though I feel safe when I'm in a slum in Vietnam

Edited by StarfoxEpiphany

3 hours ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

You assume that money is the only reason for violence even though I feel safe when I'm in a slum in Vietnam

There was an article from a swedish newspaper that claims the same thing but it's written in swedish. https://kvartal.se/artiklar/svag-koppling-mellan-fattigdom-och-brottslighet/

It's also about 60% of the rape cases here that is comitted by foreigners and 98% of the gang rapes that are comitted by foreigners. 

Ayaan Hirsi Ali has been talking about this recently but basically everyone here in Sweden knows it.

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

13 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

Refugees welcome!

I've posted this article before on city-data. I'm not convinced the idea of a mass melting pot is a good thing. My kind of ideal nation would be socially conservative, capitalism with heavy doses of social programs thrown in, and homogeneous, like the Nordic nations used to be before the "global elites" thought force feeding refugees on them would be a good idea. The problem comes down to the replacement rate and to be able to sustain social programs with lower birth rates, you need more young people (or robots) to keep the system sustainable. Hopefully we get the robot thing down in the next 25 years or so.

You may need a VPN to bypass the paywall on this site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/11/business/sweden-economy-immigration.html

Edited by sholomar

7 hours ago, sholomar said:

I've posted this article before on city-data. I'm not convinced the idea of a mass melting pot is a good thing. My kind of ideal nation would be socially conservative, capitalism with heavy doses of social programs thrown in, and homogeneous, like the Nordic nations used to be before the "global elites" thought force feeding refugees on them would be a good idea. The problem comes down to the replacement rate and to be able to sustain social programs with lower birth rates, you need more young people (or robots) to keep the system sustainable. Hopefully we get the robot thing down in the next 25 years or so.

You may need a VPN to bypass the paywall on this site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/11/business/sweden-economy-immigration.html

I was being ironic. xD

Hallå

"We do not know why. It is a kind of social contagion. If a shooting takes place, another usually takes place close in time and space," said Hradilova Selin loa. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

"We do not know why. It is a kind of social contagion. If a shooting takes place, another usually takes place close in time and space," said Hradilova Selin loa. 

That has broken windows vibes.

(https://youtu.be/7XeNeuzjIkg)

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I would encourage everyone here to take a look at the video Epikur posted above. It goes into quite a lot of depth on this issue and provides a nuanced and well information coverage of this subject.

A cop has been killed in sweden in a "ghetto" last night..

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@kray The MASS migrant influx hasn't done any good for the American countries either. Just look what they have done to real Native Americans. Genocide, war, illnesses, opression and destruction... Horrible! And after centuries of opression the First Nations still didn't get back their land and they are still discriminated by these white Europeans.

Unpopular opinion, i know...