blankisomeone

Enlighten me on why there's competition over limited resources if reality is infinite

31 posts in this topic

I'm watching Leo's two part series on survival and on part one he points out the fact that even though reality is infinite, forms still must feast off other forms and there's competition over limited resources. Why must it be this way? What is the metaphysical explanation for such a setup?

Because all form is finite by definition.

If you want to exist as anything in particular, you must make yourself finite and suffer the consequences of finiteness.

The only way to completely avoid the natural limits of being finite is to take no form whatsoever. Which is exactly what God has done. But then you can barely even know it exists. From your finite POV it is non-existence.

If you want total freedom from finitude, it's very easy. Stop existing as form.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why kill an animal and eat it? It just seems like stupid drama and unecessary pain. Why can't I just be here, live for 70 years like it is, but without needing to kill for food? Why couldn't we just naturally produce energy from within without having to leech off other beings.

Well, I guess no matter how much you explain it, it won't make sense

And also if I was living in the middle of the jungle I wouldn't have time to ask such questions

Edited by blankisomeone

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Because all form is finite by definition.

If you want to exist as anything in particular, you must make yourself finite and suffer the consequences of finiteness.

The only way to completely avoid the natural limits of being finite is to take no form whatsoever. Which is exactly what God has done. But then you can barely even know it exists. From your finite POV it is non-existence.

I'm infinitely finite. I'm empty form.

I have already taken no form, i never did. I only imagine i do. My nature is play.

No one (I) can stop existing as form, since I (no one) never existed as form. I exist. I am. Being.

???

What did i just write, and why *\0/*

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

The Ego can’t help but live from a mindset of scarcity. Once dissolved, an orientation of abundance can be rest assured. The real question is what can we do to dissolve the mass amount of dense egos present in today’s society for the sake of greater consciousness? Now that’s a puzzle!

Edited by Terell Kirby

5 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

Why kill an animal and eat it? It just seems like stupid drama and unecessary pain. Why can't I just be here, live for 70 years like it is, but without needing to kill for food?

I think it is an interesting question. In fact, I think there might come a point in evolution at which consciousness formed as human will no longer leech off other beings and will solely use the body to sustain itself. The configuration of such a body would have to be very different though, perhaps unimaginable today. But would not consciousness say then: "Why is it necessary to leech off this form I have created?"?

We might say that 'leeching off' means sacrificing one form to sustain another. In a certain sense, that is reminiscent of what God does to create form, otherwise known as love. As above so below.

There are descriptions of yogis who tend to eat very little - not because they are renunciates or want to make a point, but simply because there is little desire to do so, I guess. Or little need. Seen through developmental models, they are the cutting edge of evolution. Perhaps that is where every form is heading to. 

@blankisomeone  Becuase God is the only thing that is satisfied because it is the only thing that is not taking a form. Taking a form means that you need preserving and keeping this form alive. So you are now full of needs.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Competition always means the same thing - a zero-sum game where the goal is to take something away from someone else. Competition is what you do when you don't know how to create value. It's a remnant of the animal kingdom. Apes didn't know how to be creative so they had to compete for what nature created for them. Among people competition is an indication of lack of self-actualization and a sleeping creative mind. You are either using your own mind to define what the prize is or you are competing for obvious prizes created by other people. It's like asking 'what would a healthy war look like?'. If you are not creative you can't transform things you can only try to take what something else already transformed. When you wake up to the fact the world is dynamic not static and to the fact you can transform competition will seem silly. In a self-actualized world competition will be relegated back to its rightful place in the Paleontology museums.

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

Competition always means the same thing - a zero-sum game where the goal is to take something away from someone else. Competition is what you do when you don't know how to create value. It's a remnant of the animal kingdom. Apes didn't know how to be creative so they had to compete for what nature created for them. Among people competition is an indication of lack of self-actualization and a sleeping creative mind. You are either using your own mind to define what the prize is or you are competing for obvious prizes created by other people. It's like asking 'what would a healthy war look like?'. If you are not creative you can't transform things you can only try to take what something else already transformed. When you wake up to the fact the world is dynamic not static and to the fact you can transform competition will seem silly. In a self-actualized world competition will be relegated back to its rightful place in the Paleontology museums.

@tatsumaru

Are you sure this follows from competition and not exploitation? What is your understanding of the nature of competition, a definition.

Can you not have a conscious way of competing  and even out the results after a win?

Edited by Windappreciator

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, very easy Leo. I just casual stop my form now.

1 hour ago, Windappreciator said:

@tatsumaru

Are you sure this follows from competition and not exploitation? What is your understanding of the nature of competition, a definition.

Can you not have a conscious way of competing  and even out the results after a win?

Competition occurs when someone creative figures out how to solve a problem, figures out a business model around that solution, starts offering it and becoming profitable  and then a bunch of idiots see that there's proof of concept and try to get in on the game as well by copying what that creative person is doing. In competitive markets the value pie doesn't increase because all the players are doing the same and are always behind the leader because they are not sure what the trajectory is. Since customers can't differentiate between all the different suppliers, suppliers start offering lower prices in order to stand out. As a result all the profits get competed away, the market becomes commoditized and eventually the market gets consolidated by the one who was innovating on cost and augmented product. Case in point, in 2012 all American airlines combined had a cumulative profit margin of 0.2%. There can be no self-actualized competition for people are inherently different and have different visions and purposes therefore it makes no sense for them do be doing the same things. Essentially competition is rooted in deep misunderstanding of the difference between value and money and in lack of self-actualization. Competition is war. Competition is for apes. I have yet to see conscious wars or conscious apes anywhere. Zero-sum games are never conscious.

Here's a story to outline how silly competition is. There are two characters in this story. The self-actualized artist "Michael the Artist" and the non-actualized competitor "John the Loser". Now imagine that Michael just finished painting a beautiful painting and placed it in his gallery. His fans loved the painting and it became a success. Our friend John then sees that this painting is being received positively and thinks - Hmm, no one has seen this painting in my own city yet so I will just copy it or make a similar one and will show it in my gallery in order to reap some of the leftover fame for myself too.

This is what competition is.
P.S.
In Leo's life purpose course there's a video titled ' Creator vs Competitor ' which also talks about this.

Edited by tatsumaru

@blankisomeone

EVOLUTION

Hardships in life like survival is what pushes evolution.

for example, Do you have eyesight? congratulations, a lot of beings for millions of years have survived many hardships to have given their descendants eye sight. If you are competing, you are pushing yourself to edge for evolution.

If you had everything, evolution would be devolution, to lazy ppl pleasuring their senses.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

10 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

Why kill an animal and eat it? It just seems like stupid drama and unecessary pain. Why can't I just be here, live for 70 years like it is, but without needing to kill for food? Why couldn't we just naturally produce energy from within without having to leech off other beings.

Well, I guess no matter how much you explain it, it won't make sense

And also if I was living in the middle of the jungle I wouldn't have time to ask such questions

Even if you were a plant, you would still have to compete for survival.

All fininite forms are subject to limitation. This is a profound existential matter which you cannot avoid so long as you have form.

A finite thing cannot produce infinite energy, it must leech off its environment. A plant leeches off the sun and soil.

It doesn't make sense to you because you're lazy and entitled and have no interest in actually understanding it.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A finite thing cannot produce infinite energy,

Wasn’t talking about infinite energy. Was talking about producing enough self-sustaining energy to live out my 70 years on without bothering other beings

Edited by blankisomeone

@blankisomeone

You cant produce self sustaining energy unless you have chlorophyll. We all leeches out here. 

7 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Wasn’t talking about infinite energy. Was talking about producing enough self-sustaining energy to live out my 70 years on without bothering other beings

While you're at it why don't you bitch to God that you weren't born with a golden cock.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

While you're at it why don't you bitch to God that you weren't born with a golden cock.

I’m not bitching about it. I’m just merely suggesting an alternative way things could be. Reality has put me in a position where I can question these weird stuff that happen

At the end the answer just seems to be “suck it up, cuz that’s how it is.”

It’s just a leeching off shitshow nightmare. Even psychologically and emotionally we leech off each other. But I can see the beauty and intelligence in this dynamic, though, if I try really really hard, or if I stop trying and embrace the fuck out of it (but in that case I’m not understanding it, just accepting that it is so)

10 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Search for breatharianism, there's people who purely live of of Prana. meaning they don't eat anything or rarely some fruit juices here and there, and some don't even drink at all. their body adapted to only use the universal life force energy as fuel.

This guy is one of them:

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

Search for breatharianism, there's people who purely live of of Prana. meaning they don't eat anything or rarely some fruit juices here and there, and some don't even drink at all. their body adapted to only use the universal life force energy as fuel.

This guy is one of them:

???