Preety_India

Is casual sex a sin?

69 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Preety_India  I think you arrived at this mindset through experience. I think you can understand that casual sex would not work for you by experiencing emotional sex. So I don't know whether there still is some dissonance in you. I don't even think you judge others or slut shame. Why are you asking this question? Why the need to ask it?

Asking to see what others think about it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

It's not shame, it's lack of ability to connect on their part, so they may try to shame you as a way to continue to avoid their own feelings. Don't ever feel made to feel wrong for what's going right with you. 

So so so true. Absolutely. 

8 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Preety_India  I guess you are just a curious person then. :) 

I'm extremely inquisitive 

2 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Preety_India I like that, I am also.

Oh we are discovering better world then animes. Way to go bro, way to go. 

5 hours ago, Vzdoh said:

personally for me and from my experience, promiscuity never comes from a full abundant loving place for yourself. At least I don't know such individuals, neither men nor women. Maybe they exist somewhere and my circle of friends is just fucked up, but it's hard for me to believe. But again, everyone is free to do what makes them happy. 

I feel the same! I think most girls go through a phase where they have some casual encounters. Although I had a few fun times, overall I didn’t feel good about it and it brought out all of my insecurities.  Which was also good for my growth… Actually, one of the worst time for me was trying to have a friends with benefits type relationship… because you have to try and keep emotions out of the picture (easy for guy to do) so after a certain amount of times it just isn’t fun anymore without going deeper with emotions.  It’s very easy for a girl to feel used from casual sex! Being in a safe relationship where you can feel comfortable and be yourself with a guy you trust beats any casual sex ?

On 15.6.2021 at 11:09 PM, Preety_India said:

I hate casual sex. I have never indulged in casual sex in the past. 

I have always thought of casual sex as something dirty, unhealthy and cheap/shallow etc. 

I come from a religious background where casual sex was made to look like a sin (a haram in certain religions). I grew up with that attitude where I looked at it as sinful and bad. 

I still believe the same thing.

Just look how you truly feel about it.

Recognize the possibility that there is nothing bad, shallow, ugly, dirty or shameful about casual sex whatsoever.

Why would you ever choose to view something as beautiful and fun as sex between consenting adults as something to feel bad or restricted about? You really think that this is your own values and feelings, or something you have just innocently adopted when growing up?

Why even think about it at all? Why is this a problem? Why did you write this post?

I bet you got a feeling in the gut about this. You know that something is off and you are looking for what feels right.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Casual and sex in the same sentence.

I feel much copium when people say this two words combined 

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, roopepa said:

You really think that this is your own values and feelings, or something you have just innocently adopted when growing up?

Maybe I innocently adopted it. 

But tell me what's wrong with me following what feels right in my heart. 

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

But tell me what's wrong with me following what feels right in my heart. 

Absolutely nothing. Quite contrary, actually. That was my whole point.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Casual and sex in the same sentence.

I feel much copium when people say this two words combined 

?

Sex is never really casual tbh

You have been brainwashed, carnal pleasures and spirituality is perfectably integrable.

Watch this.

Yes it is.

Sin, meaning, missing the mark.

Casual sex is a short term pleasure. It is not thought through or done with high consciousness. 

What does that kind of lifestyle build to? 

If I am to suppose and assume that our life needs to be meaningful which requires a vision, a long-term acquisition of skills and knowledge to build a good life, a good community?

Where does casual sex fall into that? 

Further, treating sex as something casual actually diminishes the beauty of what sex is for yourself and others.

It's like when people treat psychedelics like a party drug, they diminish the sacred activity behind it. 

After all; you're only having sex with yourself, so...

4 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Yes it is.

Sin, meaning, missing the mark.

Casual sex is a short term pleasure. It is not thought through or done with high consciousness. 

What does that kind of lifestyle build to? 

If I am to suppose and assume that our life needs to be meaningful which requires a vision, a long-term acquisition of skills and knowledge to build a good life, a good community?

Where does casual sex fall into that? 

Further, treating sex as something casual actually diminishes the beauty of what sex is for yourself and others.

It's like when people treat psychedelics like a party drug, they diminish the sacred activity behind it. 

You're full of prejudices.

You can find enlightenment via tantric sex. The problem is society is so selfish that thinks having sex with unknown people us bad. This is a common misconception. Often associated casual sex with STDS and other fearmongering created by mainstream media.

it's not a sin, we all are brothers in this planet, and sex is a healthy way of giving pleasure and love.

There's nothing wrong with being a bit less sexually active.

I'd be worried about having stage blue thinking limiting your spiritual development.

But yeah, if you don't like it due to your upbringing it's perfectly fine.

Just please don't judge people who like casual sex.

Sin is the belief in sin, just like a thought is really a thought. Believing in sin is self-judgement, the very denial of who you really are, the root of all discord & suffering. If there is no sin, and no judgement, you’re absolutely free. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE