Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StudentOfLeove

How to start a independent business with music?

8 posts in this topic

So I started to create music and want to combine it with great movie-like musicvideos that have the intention to spread Spirituality, Philosophy,... basicly to help people become more conscioss and to share my insights and so on...

I want to be my own boss, I dont want to work for somebody else and I want to earn my money independently from larger companies.

I already started on youtube, Im learning and getting better but no matter how good I am, people need to see it in order for me to become successful with it.

I showed my family, my friends, social media all of this but now... how do I get the attention from people? How do I market it? Before I can sell a product or something, I need people who actually know that this product exists in the first place. How does this all work in detail? I read some books but nobody explains in detail what is actually going on here. Most of them dont care about a great, beautiful business that is doing good to humanity, all they care about is money. And money is in this world a really great tool to create big things but it is secondary to that what I want to create. I have the life purpose course and the book list and Im gonna buy some books from their on this topic but I feel like this won't answer all my questions. I know I can do all the basic stuff like, commenting under someone elses video with the an audience who would potentially like what I am doing. I know I can make features with others who have same intentions like me. I know I have to keep on uploading. I know I can give money to those who would give people attention to my work and yes I want to go the long, hard, real way but I feel like Im missing something.

I need your help guys. Do you know any great books that I need to read spesificly on this? Any great advice for the next steps? Any great courses and videos? Do you got some insightful knowlegde yourself that will open my eyes for this?

I know I have to learn a loooot and have to go through a lot of experience about making money like this. But I am willing to do that. It would be very helpful if you Leo or anybody else can help me on this one.

Have a nice day

Edited by StudentOfLeove

I'm in a similar situation to yours - different style of music though -, and after contemplating it for a while, the answer that came to me and gave me the most satisfaction turned out to be very simple: keep developing your skills and focus on making great music.

It appears that you have two songs released... they're nice songs. However, in the grand scheme of things that is very little, so you can't expect to have an audience at this point. Putting out music consistently and becoming a better producer/songwriter/performer is what will open doors for you in the future. When I released my first EP a few months back I also got impatient about trying to market it, only to then realize that I didn't have much to market. 5 songs only, and they were my first effort at producing/mixing. So, obviously, it's not world-class music, it's merely a decent first effort. So I totally gave up on the marketing side of things in order to start focusing on being a better songwriter/producer/mixer. And I've made my peace with the fact that it might take 5-10 years of learning (maybe more, maybe less) to be able to put out a song that's really great.

This is not likely the answer you'd like to hear, but it's my honest feedback. If it doesn't resonate, just disregard. And good luck!

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Read the book from Robert Greene and 50 cent. The book is named The 50th Law. It's about what kind of mentality 50 cent was able to create success with his music and build an empire with his music business even living with his parents both dead, not going to high school or college, selling cocaine to live by, and how he attracted mentors to teach 50 cent about music. 50 cent encountered many street gangs that were trying to kill him and was jealous of his success, so the book teaches us how 50 had to deal with power play throughout his music career. So much hostility and hardship was with 50 cent, but look at him now. 

what was 50's advice in the book? Hustle. Fearlessness. God Damn read the fucking book and I think it will help you at least to get the psychology and mentality right before you embark on your journey with the music business, because 50 tells you the business is full of shitheads trying to rob you and steal from you. 

Hustle and Fearlessness. Ain't it so simple. Everybody knows this, but never take action on this step. The 50th Law book is a continuing on from the 48 laws of power. I recommend both of them but for your benefit, I just say at least read the former. 

Yeah, better skills, purple cow, capitalize on opportunities like and get crafty, like luring people in with trendy topics or even pull a Don Juan and lure people in with low consciousness ish like the way Leo did by publishing pickup videos. That’s how I discovered Actulized. Maybe even look into new mediums also, beyond YT 

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com