Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BabyMonkey

Most Effective Attributes to Reach Enlightenment

19 posts in this topic

Curious to hear from some of you enlightened beings as to what you deem to be the top attributes/qualities to reach enlightenment.

While I'm not levitating yet, there has been healing, growth, and clarity in thanks to the list below. (ranked in order)  

1) Awareness (Contemplation, Introspection)

2) Open Mindedness

3) Discipline

Not enlightened nor awakened, but I feel like surrendering is key.

As per Hindu wisdom they say this: Self-Control (Shamam), Self-Investigation (vichara), happiness/joy/Bliss (Shanta) and company of liberated beings (Satsanga). Shanta is the supreme fullfilment all beings desire, satsanga the best fellow travelers, vichara the best tool and Shamam the biggest source of happiness.

I find it to be a very accurate description, it's the summary of hundred of thousands of people searching for Supreme Liberation, this is what they found most useful in their journey.

Daily meditation practice.  Without this, anything else you do will just replace your current mental models with another one.  There's a big difference between having knowledge about spiritual truths (via reading, learning about it etc without a meditation practice) vs naturally arriving at those truths by simply having a regular practice.

If mere layman could respond too then, one pointed focus among all the other qualities can come in handy mightily.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Self-awareness and self-honesty are indispensible qualities, I think. 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

1. Authenticity

2. Simplicity

3. Lack of unfalsifiable beliefs and claims

4. Humility

(by far)

Edited by The0Self

Attributes are irrelevant to awakening. Your eyes open when you are ready for them to open. Tolle awakened, not because he was a supremely benign being, but because he suffered greatly, and was finally ready to let go of the suffering.

Not to say that attributes don't matter. Humility, honesty, diligence, and equanimity will greatly improve the quality of your life. But they won't automatically wake you up. It only happens when life has ripened you to the point where you are ready to let go of the tree of suffering, which you desperately clung to, as if it could deliver enduring peace. That release is the realization of your ultimate nature, which is Consciousness itself.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

desire for it to the exclusion of every single other possible desire

you have been afforded the supremely magnificent opportunity of a couple million breaths in human form in this incarnation

and the clock is ticking relentlessly

now i ask you, are you hungry?

I think you need all three.

Also you can add bravery.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Understanding paradox, as not to be roped into a one-way thinking is key. As an example…

Most Effective Attributes to Reach Enlightenment
Curious to hear from some of you enlightened beings as to what you deem to be the top attributes/qualities to reach enlightenment.

While I'm not levitating yet, there has been healing, growth, and clarity in thanks to the list below. (ranked in order)  

1) Awareness (Contemplation, Introspection)

2) Open Mindedness

3) Discipline

——

Enlightenment isn’t reachable, thus there are no attributes applicable
There are no enlightened beings, because enlightenment isn’t reachable by individuals regardless of attributes

1) Awareness isn’t an attribute, if it were awareness would be aware of ‘it’, which nullifies it as an attribute.

2.) If open mindedness is an attribute, to whom or what is this attribute attributed to? The awareness aware of the thought ‘open mindedness’. 

3.) If discipline is an attribute, to whom or what? What is disciplining? What is disciplined? 

——

If you find this comment triggers, or swings the pendulum in extreme fashion, or if projection upon one arises such that the implication seems to be suggestive of swinging the pendulum one way… inspect what arises, as the awareness of the thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I think enlightenment is a term for a thing that no one knows what it is until it happens.

People who are looking for enlightenment are either looking for

• liberation from negative emotions
  • an explanation for reality, existence, self

Since you don't even know what it is (it seems like you are searching for), how can you ever find a way to achieve it, if the goal is unknown?

As you are looking for the above mentioned points right now, I would concentrate on finding the answers in this moment. And not in the future. Certainty is a concept and thus far away from the Truth. As well as an approach, which would give you certainty.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

having been born with the peculiarity or circumstance of not fitting into the normal gear of human society. also you need ambition ,in addition to all those mentioned above

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Moksha 

That's a thought which has been drifting through my mind too, lately. I realized that it is not in my hands whether the awakening comes or not. If it "happens", it "happens".

I still remember the message from my deepest trip yet, where I was given a sneak peak behind what awakening is all about (e.g. I already 'know' true nature because I am it): "Just play your part and everything will turn out fine." 

Nothing else left to do but to enjoy the ride with all its ups and downs. This is what life is about. How beautiful. :)

The finite is so precious precisely because it is finite.

48 minutes ago, EmptyVase said:

Nothing else left to do but to enjoy the ride with all its ups and downs. This is what life is about. How beautiful. :)

The finite is so precious precisely because it is finite.

Amen and Hallelujah xD

It is all about the journey, and being present in every step. Consciousness is already infinitely abundant. Why are we so anxious to return to the ultimate changeless state which created us in the first place? Instead, lucidly enjoy the character that is uniquely you, and make the most of this dream.

Consciousness imagines relative reality, to experience the thrill of the roller coaster that is life. In the vastness of the cosmos, you will never be repeated. Celebrate your singularity. Instead of hanging your happiness on some future state of enlightenment, realize the love and joy that is here and now, already within you, if you simply open your eyes and see.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

25 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Amen and Hallelujah xD

It is all about the journey, and being present in every step. Consciousness is already infinitely abundant. Why are we so anxious to return to the ultimate changeless state which created us in the first place? Instead, lucidly enjoy the character that is uniquely you, and make the most of this dream.

Consciousness imagines relative reality, to experience the thrill of the roller coaster that is life. In the vastness of the cosmos, you will never be repeated. Celebrate your singularity. Instead of hanging your happiness on some future state of enlightenment, realize the love and joy that is here and now, already within you, if you simply open your eyes and see.

Spot on!! :x

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Amen and Hallelujah xD

@Moksha @EmptyVase

Amen and Hallelujah ???

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.