Adrian325

Who else sees it?

16 posts in this topic

I see these tentacle like things or chords going around everything. Anyone know what I'm talking about

You can see anything here, literally anything, the trick is to direct all of your attention to the "subject" that includes every object, to see who is seeing.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I know I'm aware that I'm the empty field but are you seeing this stuff without psychedelics? It's started with just outlines but now it's everything and I can feel it too. Like rubber band magnets 

7 minutes ago, allislove said:

You can see anything here, literally anything, the trick is to direct all of your attention to the "subject" that includes every object, to see who is seeing.

I'm trying your advice but can you be more specific

46 minutes ago, Adrian325 said:

I'm trying your advice but can you be more specific

"I see this & I see that". This & that is descriptions of what is seen. These descriptions arises together with "I"-thought: "I" <description>. The trick is to investigate the nature of it. Notice that "I"-thought appears and disappears in the same way as a bird's song or a sound of a train. Notice that you are before "I"-thought, you are the foundation (existence) that includes everything: "I"-thought or bird's song, body, tree, etc. Just notice who you really are as often as possible. You can confuse yourself with descriptions or you can just be. Engaging is descriptions is also not a problem if you see who you really are in this picture. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, allislove said:

"I see this & I see that". This & that is descriptions of what is seen. These descriptions arises together with "I"-thought: "I" <description>. The trick is to investigate the nature of it. Notice that "I"-thought appears and disappears in the same way as a bird's song or a sound of a train. Notice that you are before "I"-thought, you are the foundation (existence) that includes everything: "I"-thought or bird's song, body, tree, etc. Just notice who you really are as often as possible. You can confuse yourself with descriptions or you can just be. Engaging is descriptions is also not a problem if you see who you really are in this picture. 

Thank you. This is really trippy. There's a reality without form right here. I've been goin in and out back to this "3d" reality but I see things now in my default state I couldn't see before and can go to this formless state by choice. Like WTH? Amazing and it's like we're all sticking our faces in this orb of fractals. 

Do not see tentacles. To me, it's more like everything consists of flickering dots on a static screen when there's white noise on it. When my focus is relaxed long enough (20 secs or more), everything kind of curls into everything until the whole scene goes blank.

I can also hear a "default" sound when I am abiding in myself during the waking state. Rupert Spira has called it "the sound of a static object".

On 6/15/2021 at 5:40 AM, Adrian325 said:

I see these tentacle like things or chords going around everything. Anyone know what I'm talking about

This is still one of the greatest mysteries to me. I would label it as "consciousness" but I could label anything with that. I personally became aware of this after I started to trip, but now I can always see it. It seems alive and intelligent. It seems to exist between the spaces of physical reality. It seems completely aware of me and yet seems somewhat attached to me. Though, I do understand it has to be me since there is no separation between myself and it. My original theory on it was it's literally what the backdrop of reality is perceived on, like a screen that's producing the illusion. But, after further investigation I try not to hold too many beliefs like that. Though, I would like to hear other's experiences, ideas, or possibly explanations given just to have food for thought. It's shape is much like octopus tentacles that have no beginning or ending, fractals.

When did you start seeing them? I also only see white noise and I also hear static (they call it tinitus), but I also see colorful fractlas mostly when it’s dark. They’re extremely beautiful! 

Whatever happened to the proposed changes and plans to give certain moderators a more active role in keeping an eye out for signs of mental illness in members?  It seems that over the past week there's been quite an increase in members making threads describing worrying symptoms, but rather than seeing moderators showing concern what I'm seeing most is moderators simply feeding into the person's delusions.

Is support happening behind the scenes?

5 minutes ago, kinesin said:

Whatever happened to the proposed changes and plans to give certain moderators a more active role in keeping an eye out for signs of mental illness in members?  It seems that over the past week there's been quite an increase in members making threads describing worrying symptoms, but rather than seeing moderators showing concern what I'm seeing most is moderators simply feeding into the person's delusions.

Is support happening behind the scenes?

Seems a bit judgmental to dismiss other's visual/auditory phenomena as just mental illness. I wouldn't say much of it is cause for concern unless someone is hearing voice, or more so hearing voicing and making decisions based on these perceived voices. Taking psychedelics or even getting into meditative states shows there are many layers to our relative perception of reality that we can become aware of. Though, regardless of what someone is or can perceive. Our beliefs on said perceptions our what determines if it's a healthy or toxic relationship with the phenomena. 

A very common one is tinnitus, as others have mentioned in this thread. People are not mentally ill for having, or being aware of these sounds. ( I do feel like everyone has this to some degree it's just a matter of being aware of it or not). But, some people aren't bothered by tinnitus and some people suffer from crippling anxiety/depression because they can't unhear it.

@Nos7algiK  I've been meditating and exploring spirituality for 15 years - I'm fully aware of the things you describe, however that doesn't mean that visual hallucinations aren't anything to be concerned about.  OP described seeing persistent visual hallucinations which have increased in severity since onset, and this is something the moderation team have a responsibility to pay attention to, as per the new guidelines which were recently imposed by Leo.

9 minutes ago, kinesin said:

@Nos7algiK  I've been meditating and exploring spirituality for 15 years - I'm fully aware of the things you describe, however that doesn't mean that visual hallucinations aren't anything to be concerned about.  OP described seeing persistent visual hallucinations which have increased in severity since onset, and this is something the moderation team have a responsibility to pay attention to, as per the new guidelines which were recently imposed by Leo.

But, it's not for you to conflate that down to mental illness or anything concerning. There are a few people in my personal life that have sensory hallucinations that only grew in effect as they aged. But, they nor I would ever call them mentally ill for it. Now if OP was asking for help or seemed panicked due to the nature of the visuals. Then it would be a different story. But, from everything I have seen they are doing nothing more than asking questions about them or stating their own experiences.

But, I will agree with you there are some things said that do seem cause for concern by some members. Specially when it seems like every other post by them revolves around grand delusions or existential dread, wanting to escape physical reality. The forum can most defiantly be an echo chamber for one's own validation and in turn also dismiss any idea that may free them from their own warped paradigm.

@Nos7algiK  I get the sense from reading the first paragraph of your comment that you believe 'mental illness' refers to something big and scary which you feel you have to defend people from any 'accusation' of.  You can rest assured that I have extensive first and secondhand experience of various mental illnesses and hold no negative judgment about it whatsoever.

Persistent visual hallucinations are a symptom, which may point to an issue of concern.  If a person has a persistent cough, that may be a symptom of illness too... but considering physical illness isn't as stigmatised as mental illness, if I were to say "maybe you should get that cough checked out" nobody would tell me it 'wasn't for me to conflate it down to illness', and nobody would suggest that I was 'calling' them ill.

I'm not accusing OP of anything, I'm simply saying that having a persistent visual hallucination of tendrils running through everything is something to keep an eye on, and that the moderators should think twice before giving vague nondual sermons in response to an actual symptom.

3 minutes ago, kinesin said:

@Nos7algiK  I get the sense from reading the first paragraph of your comment that you believe 'mental illness' refers to something big and scary which you feel you have to defend people from any 'accusation' of.  You can rest assured that I have extensive first and secondhand experience of various mental illnesses and hold no negative judgment about it whatsoever.

It's unwise to assume what you believe other people perceive. Not only unwise, but also condescending. You talked about the mods getting involved on such a topic. But, none of us here could truly analyze what is going on in OPs reality. It's not for us to make grand statements or assumptions about what could be, unless OP was directly asking for help. We need to give what they say the benefit of the doubt.

You talk about giving non-dual statements as advice and how it should be thought about more critically before stating this to someone who may have an more serious problem. But, if this is your stance you are one the wrong forum. 90% of what people say is literally "how non-dual can I make my comment" and then in turn becomes a passive aggressive contest of who can say the most non-dual comment.

I do believe having any type of hallucination can be something more concerning, but stating that could become a double-edge blade to whom you are trying to inform. What once someone thought was mysterious or somewhat interesting about their life. Now, someone stated it could be concern for a mental health issue. The person latches on to this concept and now creates their own delusions forcing a problem out of something that there was no issue, back to my statement on how we perceive these phenomena is the key in most cases.

The issue, in this case, isn't your concern itself. But, rather your wording towards it. Though, I can't tell you how to talk to others. You imply in your first comment the mods are feeding into OPs delusions. Which in the grade scheme of things, we are all doing that consistently as we interact with each other. But, on the other hand personal relativity that differs from my own doesn't mean they are deluded in comparison to my own sanity.

There are others on this forum that are directly stating some serious shit that most defiantly could cause future harm to them, because that is what they told us. Over someone who's visual perception of reality has been slightly altered that doesn't seemed to stressed about it. But, I will agree with you I have no idea why the mods feed into those delusions though I do not have the solution for such a thing nor is it for me to tell the mods or Leo what to do with people such as that. I wish the best for anyone who has cause for concern and hopefully they have a real support system that can help them.