preventingdiabetes

How do I stop an addiction to excessive theorizing/thinking?

47 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

When you are Doing, are you Being?

Not two.  Adding a ‘you doing’ layer of thought narration is like taping newspaper cartoons on an 8k screen. Presence is whole, undivided, mysterious & mystical. You’re already absolutely free to do whatever you want. If you want, you can even focus on thoughts about how you’re not free. Thoughts about wether or not there is free will, etc. 

When thoughts about you being or feeling guilty arise…  the experience is actually simple. It’s nonsensical thinking, since there’d have to actually be two of you for it two make sense.

Sense is short for sensation, as in feeling. If you want to feel love, think in ways that make sense.  Ways which are aligned with the truth of direct experience. The direct experience is that there are not “two you’s”; awareness of the thought… and the one the thought is about. Thoughts that make sense feel good and are creative, and do indeed create, and are indicative of the creator, love, nonduality (not two). 

If you look at the sun directly, you turn away naturally as not to hurt your eyes. If you put your hand on a hot stove, you pull away naturally as not to hurt your hand. But when thoughts about yourself arise which don’t feel good, they are being focused on & believed. The way of doing this without noticing is filing this into a categoric label, “guilt”.  

Yet, when you choose better feeling thoughts, it is as if the universe is literally made of love, and just welcomes & embraces you into it’s magic. Then, matters like “doing”, “you’s”, “being”, etc, just don’t matter.  Passion, purpose & doing, or patience, silence & being, always the 8k of the ineffable one. 

You are so free in fact, that you can always choose a better feeling thought. You are so free, that you can even focus on the thought, that you can’t choose a better feeling thought. True freedom. 

Focusing on stopping something is feeding focus to that something. (Rumination instead of conscious creation)

When focus is upon something else, there is then there experience of something else. (Conscious creation instead of rumination)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@peanutspathtotruth

I don’t know how to embody it. How do I just “be”? How will I survive if I don’t strive towards meeting my money needs? That requires doing doesn’t it? 

You're missing the point, forget all these survival thoughts for a moment, sit down and just be. There is no question of "how". You already are, now just sharpen your presence - this is not an activity, it's being itself. This is about meditation, "do" it every day and then you can feel into the embodiment part. All this thinking will keep you stuck. I've made the experience again and again that while trying to solve these issues similar to yours, the only thing I needed was to sit down for 2 hours and allow everything to be as it is. Which is the same as allowing YOURSELF to be. That's it. Mountains of seeming problems melt away and you will gain clarity. 

I highly recommend "The Unfolding Now", one of the books quoted earlier, it's the best in-depth explanation of "how to be" that I know of. If you want results, just do the practice, read the book. Or don't. Your choice :) ♥️ 

Train your mind so that you can stop your internal dialogue. Stop the nonsense. Stop intellectualizing. If that’s what you really want.

Otherwise, Do you enjoy the activity? You probably do but don’t notice, that’d be why you don’t want to let it go.

Contemplate (not just think about): Why do I do it?

It seems to me you’re trying to intellectualize your way out of intellect, which can’t make it happen.

I'm a deep thinker such as yourself. Use your thinking and theorizing abilities to do some deep introspection.

Just my perspective, I think you are trying to rush enlightenment. This isn't a race. It's a life-long journey so enjoy it. Stop to check out the scenery and start enjoying life. Don't guilt-trip yourself. Focus on positive thoughts and let go of negative ones.

Take care of your basic material needs first.

Edited by ZenBlue

Powered By Love

On 7/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, Nahm said:

always the 8k of the ineffable one. 

@Nahm

What does this mean? 

Nahm the thing is I can’t articulate my thoughts clearly. I don’t know exactly what I’m thinking. It’s hazy and wishy washy 

@peanutspathtotruth What does it mean to allow yourself to be? Do you still take action when you are Being?
I’ll check that book out, thanks. It’s by A.H Almaas right?

On 7/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, Arzola said:

Do you enjoy the activity? You probably do but don’t notice, that’d be why you don’t want to let it go.

No I don’t think so. I feel like I’m doing it out of compulsion.

On 7/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, Arzola said:

Contemplate (not just think about): Why do I do it?

@ArzolaIsn’t contemplation just deeply thinking about whatever you are or have directly experienced? 

I do it because I want to know the best way to live life and what the best thing to do is. 

On 7/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, ZenBlue said:

Just my perspective, I think you are trying to rush enlightenment.

@ZenBlue What are signs that I am trying to rush Enlightenment?

21 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@Nahm

What does this mean? 

The ‘movie’ is really the screen. Analogous to appearance and being. 

21 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Nahm the thing is I can’t articulate my thoughts clearly. I don’t know exactly what I’m thinking. It’s hazy and wishy washy 

Daily morning meditation. If you already are, tweak your technique. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@ZenBlue What are signs that I am trying to rush Enlightenment?

The fact that you say you feel like doing life purpose work is a waste of time. You come across as only having a myopic focus on reaching enlightenment.

If you want to reach enlightenment, you can't rush the process and you can't skip levels. Just like you can't force a tree to grow faster, you can't force enlightenment.