Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Vice megathread.

15 posts in this topic

Since Leo is on the blog posting Vice stuff, I've decided to open a thread about their videos, starting with the more crazier ones they have. Feel free to share.

Another example of why self reflection is important.

13 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Another example of why self reflection is important.

Common dude, this was clearly a hit piece. Can you imagine Vice doing a video on Leo, they would make him out to be a nutter.

@Wilhelm44

5 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Common dude, this was clearly a hit piece. Can you imagine Vice doing a video on Leo, they would make him out to be a nutter.

The greater danger is losing self awareness to not be able to self reflect. That situation shows both Vice and Bentinho both not being aware enough of their own blind spots.

25 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Wilhelm44

The greater danger is losing self awareness to not be able to self reflect. That situation shows both Vice and Bentinho both not being aware enough of their own blind spots.

I'm curious, which blind spot did you see there for Bentinho ?

@DefinitelyNotARobot

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

These are classics. Trigger warning though. They get real dark..

I must agree because they don't even show up properly due to age restriction. I've seen them before on youtube.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Wilhelm44

4 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I'm curious, which blind spot did you see there for Bentinho ?

That he was communicating about infinity to people, through just bringing it into the present as if it's a mindfulness process. It's a conflation of the TRUTH, that you could take the TRUTH and apply methods used for other truths geared for mindfulness like it's like mindfulness, but actually it's not. Bentinho's gonna have a bad day in the future when the problems get bigger, multiply and become more obvious this could not work long-term.

Also on the other end, how VICE'S interviewer at that time, from her appearance and behavior I assume is stage orange values with some elements of green and blue, misinterprets what Bentinho is saying about the TRUTH, which is not surprising, but what's more surprising is how they frame he's group as a cult. I have little knowledge personally and anecdotally about Bentinho and his workshops, but they seem to not be the classical view of a cult that brainwashes it's members, that is over controlling and punishes against leaving the group and so on. This VICE reporter is also on the other video about the Unicult, which to me is by far not a classical cult, but rather a group with more of stage green's values, even the leader looks to be in deep stage green, and handles differences well. 

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Wilhelm44

That he was communicating about infinity to people, through just bringing it into the present as if it's a mindfulness process. It's a conflation of the TRUTH, that you could take the TRUTH and apply methods used for other truths geared for mindfulness like it's like mindfulness, but actually it's not. Bentinho's gonna have a bad day in the future when the problems get bigger, multiply and become more obvious this could not work long-term.

Also on the other end, how VICE'S interviewer at that time, from her appearance and behavior I assume is stage orange values with some elements of green and blue, misinterprets what Bentinho is saying about the TRUTH, which is not surprising, but what's more surprising is how they frame he's group as a cult. I have little knowledge personally and anecdotally about Bentinho and his workshops, but they seem to not be the classical view of a cult that brainwashes it's members, that is over controlling and punishes against leaving the group and so on. This VICE reporter is also on the other video about the Unicult, which to me is by far not a classical cult, but rather a group with more of stage green's values, even the leader looks to be in deep stage green, and handles differences well. 

Cool, thanks.

This is a nice brief video, reminds you of anything?:

Appreciate what moderators go through.

Edited by Danioover9000

This is how conflicts are sorted out around the stages of red to blue. Notice it's not evil, but rather it's survival.