Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brandon L

Death, reincarnation and past lives.

9 posts in this topic

I want to talk about death and reincarnation. The first question is being that when you die does the physical world and universe cease to exist? Because fundamentally there was never a physical objective universe, the universe was something you were imagining.

How can this be well explained? Because someone may say "no the physical world and universe will continue on and it existed before you were born." But It's a chicken and egg problem. 

The second question is reincarnation. I have always asked the question of what was I before I was born and did I ever have previous lives prior to this one in some parallel universe.

These are deep existential questions for everyone, because what is awareness? and did this awareness exist before you were born? is the awareness consciousness? And when you die do you just rest in this formless empty void forever or do you reincarnate?

Another thing that I dont understand about reincarnation is that why even do it even after you awakened? You're just going from one ego form to a next? Doesnt that go against the whole purpose of ego death? I will hear many things about reincarnation, this one in particular I will hear alot from Buddhist and other spiritual teachers...

"If you dont get it right you will reincarnate, but until you do get it right or awaken you will stop the cycle"

What are they specifically talking about? To love everything?

1 hour ago, Brandon L said:

this one in particular I will hear alot from Buddhist and other spiritual teachers...

"If you dont get it right you will reincarnate, but until you do get it right or awaken you will stop the cycle"

What are they specifically talking about? 

Antinatalism (celibacy/Brahmacarya) is a start.

The only theory about reincarnation that I read and it seemed possible to me is that no one really reincarnates since we are all basically the same, what happens is that a being that exists is basically a form or an energetic pattern that delimits the being, nothingness ,what it is, or whatever you want to call it. when that pattern disappears in some way it remains in the general memory (if such a thing exists) and, with the tendency of existence to evolve, that pattern reappears, to continue evolving. this is as believable or incredible as anything else, but it sounds logical to me. It is not that you are going to reincarnate, since you are basically the existence, it is that your ego, or the energetic pattern , which has been evolving for a long time, will continue to do so. so here we are working for the evolution of ourselves

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Brandon L I usually reincarnate every morning but not before I have a cup of coffee. ?

Why you drink the coffee then ? :o

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Do you want honesty or philosophy? I prefer honesty, which is that nobody knows what happens after death. Eastern philosophies favor reincarnation and ultimate reintegration, but that is just another belief. The only reliable truth is directly realized, and being free from conceptualization, there are no beliefs associated with it. Ultimate reality simply is, and life/death is the story we tell ourselves.

Near death experiences are about as close as you will get to understanding relative reality, and they suggest temporal continuity, in some form. I find "Return from Tomorrow" by George Ritchie to be more credible than most, and also love this:

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why you drink the coffee then ? :o

The heart wants what the heart wants. 9_9

Edited by WelcometoReality
I had feeling you would respond to this. @shin

Do you have any experience of birth this lifetime? You were told by other "authorities" you were born on such and such day,in such and such year,in such and such place. Lacking the required discernment at that time,it was readily accepted without question. But at this time,with the ability to draw from your own experience and not what others have told you,did you really experience the birth of yourself. Such a monumental,even traumatic experience, would surely not have been casually forgotten. "Others" can only perceive you as name and form (body), and thus identify you as that. But from your own experience,are you the body, or the name given to that body? Or, are you aware that you experience the body and respond to the name given to "you" as that body. If you inquire "am I the body" the answer is obvious. The body was born,and the body will die,but did you,the one who is aware of the body, actually experience being born. If not, will you,who is clearly not the body, experience death?

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

17 hours ago, Brandon L said:

I want to talk about death and reincarnation. The first question is being that when you die does the physical world and universe cease to exist? Because fundamentally there was never a physical objective universe, the universe was something you were imagining.

How can this be well explained? Because someone may say "no the physical world and universe will continue on and it existed before you were born." But It's a chicken and egg problem. 

The second question is reincarnation. I have always asked the question of what was I before I was born and did I ever have previous lives prior to this one in some parallel universe.

These are deep existential questions for everyone, because what is awareness? and did this awareness exist before you were born? is the awareness consciousness? And when you die do you just rest in this formless empty void forever or do you reincarnate?

Another thing that I dont understand about reincarnation is that why even do it even after you awakened? You're just going from one ego form to a next? Doesnt that go against the whole purpose of ego death? I will hear many things about reincarnation, this one in particular I will hear alot from Buddhist and other spiritual teachers...

What are they specifically talking about? To love everything?

Do you want my current pet theory?

I believe you are making a mistake in the sense that you think you came OUT of nothingness and will go BACK INTO nothingness.

I think in actual fact nothingness is where you are and reside right now. Whatever we cqll foundational reality, it would be impossible to come out of it... Consider: If there is nothing but one thing, there is nowhere "else" to place something so that something must be placed within itself. If there is nothing "else" then whatever exists must be made OF that thing.

I am thinking nothingness is the realm of what we can call metaphorical God. Dormant consciousness? Or not even that. Perhaps true nothing.

I give you this analogy: In a dream you may be inside a complex landscape and have a dream body and so on, and yet where you really are the entire time is lying in bed... Consider that where you reside now is like that dream, and where you really are this entire time is residing in nothingness.

Edited by RMQualtrough