meta_male

The present moment feels heavy and limited

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

My perspective about reality is completely different compared to where I was standing half a year ago. I can see that time and matter are just concepts.

Realizing this compressed everything down to this very moment. The Now doesn't feel freeing or loving at all though, there's no more space and I feel I'm suffocating inside of it, probably because it's mostly filled with work and exhaustion after work. The other day I felt I was close to a burnout, even though I work less than a couple years ago when I was my happiest in life.

Anyone here who has felt the same way on their journey? Appreciate any replies, pointers or recommendations for exercises.

The present will feel very limited as you’ve cut out a slice of what is, called it the present, and said this is where I need to be. There is no need to be in the present — when this apparent need stops happening, it’s obvious that there is no present. There is no moment. The present moment is an imaginary border between the so-called past and future. All of that is this (all-encompassing now) appearing as past, present, and future. The all-encompassing now is not the present, it’s simply everything, and it is associated with absolutely no effort or intention whatsoever — it has no limitation, it’s not suffocating, and it has no need of any kind... After all, there’s nothing else.

And there’s an open invitation to it at all times. The only reason you would not accept is because the alternative is apparently better anyway, so there’s no need to seek it. In fact, seeking it is how it hides, because there’s nothing that’s not it, so seeking it is futile, but seeking it only happens if seeking it is preferable to not doing so — as soon as it’s no longer preferable there is instantly only everything, with nobody present (here and now) in it.

Edited by The0Self

Yeah man I feel ya, seeking (aka the journey) is extremely exhausting, it's like being in an invisible prison sometimes.

There was a character named travis that was diligently seeking for something, he didn't know what it was but there was a willingness to either go crazy or die to find whatever it was that seemed to be missing.

Then one day he listened to a video with Adyashanti discussing how enlightenment was not something attained but rather a falling away of untruth. 

The seeking energy seemed to flip in on itself and inquire into who or what this character consisted of..... there was nothing to be found. 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@meta_male

The only joke here is the "I"-thought identification, so it may be claimed something like: "my happiest" or "close to a burnout".

My happiest            +
Close to a burnout -

Without these two kind of +/- thoughts "I"-thought doesn't exist. The trick is to notice that you are not just "I"-thought, you are the "thing" that includes everything. So, if everything is inside you, can anything bother you? If everything is inside you is there any problem with "I"-thought? Just notice that you already are when "I"-thought appears. "I"-thought doesn't exist without you! You are the boss, chill! 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

On 11. 6. 2021 at 1:53 PM, meta_male said:

Hey everyone

My perspective about reality is completely different compared to where I was standing half a year ago. I can see that time and matter are just concepts.

Realizing this compressed everything down to this very moment. The Now doesn't feel freeing or loving at all though, there's no more space and I feel I'm suffocating inside of it, probably because it's mostly filled with work and exhaustion after work. The other day I felt I was close to a burnout, even though I work less than a couple years ago when I was my happiest in life.

Anyone here who has felt the same way on their journey? Appreciate any replies, pointers or recommendations for exercises.

@meta_male The present moment isnt limited at all. Explore the present moment and you will see it is actually infinite. Present moment contains even future and past, it contains the whole universe. Just explore it more, go to a new places, go to a nature and notice everything is in a present moment, everything is present in you.

Feeling lost is part of it too, but dont wory, you need to feel lost so you can experience the joy of finding yourself.

Edited by AdamR95

@WelcometoReality I have this intuition that tells me it's ok, yet there are still moments where I just can't seem to see the light/beauty/love. It's definitely quite exhausting!

@The0Self @VeganAwake

I think I get what you're saying. There's no point talking about it then, I guess. Though the seeking part is quite fascinating...

allislove

I never got the "if everything's inside you then it can't bother you" argument. Could you elaborate a bit more on that subject? Some things inside me are just plainly annoying and unpleasant. Do you love everything that appears? If so, are there certain things you love more than other things?

@AdamR95

I did spend some time in the forest and in the mountains last weekend. It was quite amazing... and refreshing! Thanks for the advice ?

In your opinion, why do you think some places make one feel better than others?

6 minutes ago, meta_male said:

@WelcometoReality I have this intuition that tells me it's ok, yet there are still moments where I just can't seem to see the light/beauty/love. It's definitely quite exhausting!

Face whatever comes up, light or dark, just let things happen.

2 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Face whatever comes up, light or dark, just let things happen.

I'll try it out, thanks for your words, bro!

1 hour ago, meta_male said:

@meta_male you have to experience low so you can experience high, you need both sides of duality to appreciate both, they give each other meaning.

5 hours ago, meta_male said:

@The0Self @VeganAwake

I think I get what you're saying. There's no point talking about it then, I guess. Though the seeking part is quite fascinating...

allislove

I never got the "if everything's inside you then it can't bother you" argument. Could you elaborate a bit more on that subject? Some things inside me are just plainly annoying and unpleasant. Do you love everything that appears? If so, are there certain things you love more than other things?

@AdamR95

I did spend some time in the forest and in the mountains last weekend. It was quite amazing... and refreshing! Thanks for the advice ?

Inside you, not inside a body.

Plainly annoying or unpleasant is labeling due to identification with a commentator. The commentator is 'I'-thinking identification. It resides somewhere between 'body' and 'consciousness'. Find out in the direct experience that you are not the commentator. The commentator is inside you, you are consciousness, there is only you. There is no problem with a commentator then, it's just your hand.

Everything that appears is love.

I like mountain biking, yes, just a story. There is only the story. If there is only the story, everything that appears is love and there is only you, what it may even mean?!? Whatever ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

13 hours ago, allislove said:

Inside you, not inside a body.

Plainly annoying or unpleasant is labeling due to identification with a commentator. The commentator is 'I'-thinking identification. It resides somewhere between 'body' and 'consciousness'. Find out in the direct experience that you are not the commentator. The commentator is inside you, you are consciousness, there is only you. There is no problem with a commentator then, it's just your hand.

Everything that appears is love.

I like mountain biking, yes, just a story. There is only the story. If there is only the story, everything that appears is love and there is only you, what it may even mean?!? Whatever ?

Last night I became aware of another aspect of myself. "The Infinite". I get what your saying and even the whatever at the end. It's like somtimes you just gotta focus on your own bliss of knowing. 

To close those imaginary eyes and focus your awareness on awareness and see where it takes you is Truly seeing Everything

Edited by Adrian325

This actually helped me breakthrough while in full God mode(the field/sphere of consciousness extremely visible with the tendrils) on a small dose of LSD.(less than half a hit)