Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

So sick of Social Media, and internet culture. I'm cutting it all out.

8 posts in this topic

I have just deactivated my reddit account, and I sword off twitter, as well as non education YouTube (including mindless political commentary such as Vaush).

I'm sick of internet culture, all of its' stupid lingo and memes. It is all just so tiresome, and I've wasted so much time on this stupid fake community of anonymous people and YouTubers/streamers for whom I've never met irl but my lizard brain thinks it's making friends (para social relationship).

No more memes, no more Social Media, I can't stand it all. Just so sick of it. I have been off of it all for a bit and I do feel rather better. I'm not even forcing myself ot avoid these things, I just genuinely feel tired of it all. 

Just in general internet culture is extremely toxic. The whole social aspect of the internet is bad. 

The internet people create a psychological predator prey relationship 

But right now my head is in the clouds with a Capricorn male  currently ruling my heart. The Snake seduces the peacock, embodies Shiva and the Gods bow to it. ... ll ॐ ll.. INTP loner... और तुम नाचते गाते हुए मेरे कदमों में आ गिरेगी... Live a Roman.Die a Roman..... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream 

Preety preety

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Just in general internet culture is extremely toxic. The whole social aspect of the internet is bad. 

The internet people create a psychological predator prey relationship 

I finally decided to stop engaging in internet culture when I realized that O can literally name all of the incel jargon words from the top of my head.

@Husseinisdoingfine haha xD

You have to have an advanced navigation system through the labyrinth of the internet where you can escape all the toxic stuff as you go along. 

But that needs a lot of practice in getting used to know what is toxic and what is healthy. It took me a while to keep realizing and  escaping toxic websites. 

But right now my head is in the clouds with a Capricorn male  currently ruling my heart. The Snake seduces the peacock, embodies Shiva and the Gods bow to it. ... ll ॐ ll.. INTP loner... और तुम नाचते गाते हुए मेरे कदमों में आ गिरेगी... Live a Roman.Die a Roman..... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream 

Preety preety

Posted (edited)

Got to take responsibility of what we are exposing ourselves to. 

Only subscribe to high consciousness channels. 

Youtube only view subscriber feed, block out recommended feed.

Facebook delete the entire feed section, if your forced to still use it for contacts. 

Extension that deletes elements on a page

Modify common sites to remove the mindless addiction factors.

Edited by integral

It’s been a year since I deleted on my social media, and things have improved greatly. It’s really like removing yourself from the chimp like behavior of society, really works well in freeing up your mind.

I don’t use Facebook, have cut Twitter use right down (I don’t post anymore so don’t get drawn into discussions, and only catch up on the posts of accounts I follow once every two weeks), use Youtube with care and only for high-consciousness subjects, and don’t use other social media such as Instagram or Twitch. 

On the other hand I use WhatsApp a lot to keep in contact with family, so that’s a weakness. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna