Strangeloop

I'm smoking A Lot of ciggarettes

11 posts in this topic

especially on the job, I don't know how to stop it. I crave a cigarette every 20min. And it's easy to smoke because it gives temporall relieve.

What can I do about it? If I stop smoking I fall into snack eating and believe me it's unhealthy. 

Edited by Strangeloop

43 minutes ago, Strangeloop said:

If I stop smoking I fall into snack eating and believe me it's unhealthy

Snack eating is probably healthier than cigarettes.  I'd just do the snack eating, but then pick healthier snacks and eat as much as I want just to set a healthier baseline you know is better then cigarettes and eating shitty snacks, but which you can do even at your most unconscious.  Like I just eat carrots, fruit, dried fruits, potato chips (just potatoes, salt, and oil), etc..  But I can eat as much as I please.  Helps when I'm in a really shitty time or having lots of cravings. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Try nicorette gum while you taper down on the smokes. All that in your lungs is not good. 

"You Create Magic" 

14 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

especially on the job, I don't know how to stop it. I crave a cigarette every 20min. And it's easy to smoke because it gives temporall relieve.

What can I do about it? If I stop smoking I fall into snack eating and believe me it's unhealthy. 

My grandad smoked from the age of 9  - 60 years old > that's 51 years of perpetual chain smoking, 

He quit instantaneously. 

The Trick? >> 

"I'll have another cig in 1 hour" 

"I'll have one in 10 minutes" 

He kept telling his mind this, every time he got the urge "I'll just do it in 30 minutes" 

He has never smoked since, still alive today 25 years later. 

The way I stopped is that I left my job & changed jobs because everyone around me was smoking. Your environment is the most crucial, but if you can't change your environment tell everyone you quit & it's important to you.

Edited by Striving for more

13 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I personally loved it, heavenly experience, but I can't say I feel any real cravings.

This is the problem. I Fucking love smoking. It sucks that it's bad for you because otherwise I love the experience. 

I personally love sports & working out though so I guess you have to love other stuff more. 

I'm sure I'll smoke again on special social occasions, but only if it's a social experience & I'll have to be careful not to make it habitual. 

Trust me when I say quitting smoking is going to be the best thing you ever did in your entire life. It's worth the week or two of discomfort. So, so worth.

I successfully quit smoking.i fully understand your pain.after i smoke a cig then after 5 min cravings are gonna come and i will resist it.the more i resist the more depressive state of consciousness i go to.after 15-20 min i loose all my will power and i smoke 1.this cycle repeat.

The things i did to break smoking

1)watch leos 2 video about addiction and mindfullness.start practicing the mindfullness and focus exclusivly on inner feel. Start practicing this meditation on inner feel

2)read alan carr book easy way and only way.that book will explain all devilry about smoking

3)go to  a psychatrist.he will prescribe a medicine to deal with addiction. 

Alan carr opens your mind about smoking.then try to quit smoking 500-1000 times.u need this much of failed attempt.in the mean time practice feeling the craving instead of resisting it using leo video on mindfullness focusing exclusivly on inner feel.after your 1000th failed attempt go to a doctor. He will prescribe. Medicine to stop getting craving .eat it for 2 months. So your craving is reduced but small amount is still there.that small amount of craving can be dealt with using meditation.

Follow this and one day you will quit smoking.after breaking addiction u need to practice meditation daily or you will return back to smoking.u need some pleasure to live and u will get tha pleasure from meditation

I smoked for decades, but I was so sick of it all. Vaped and smoked occasionally for 5 more years. Then, I read Allen carr's book "easy way to stop smoking". Took a week off work to withdraw and stopped smoking and vaping. That was 3 or 4 years ago, I don't even keep track, since it's a non-issue now.

Read the book, then stop cold turkey. You can do it!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

My mom went to a hypnotis and quit smoking it was tough but she managed...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I watched one video of sadghuru I found on this forum. After that, I managed to expand my time between smoking to 1 hour(which was easy in rehab. Now that I don't have anyone to stop me from smoking I feel like I can smoke whenever I want without any consequences. But I already see the consequences, at first it was A nice, mild, relaxing high. Now it's an obsession Like I need to smoke otherwise I'm not me or something like that.

I get angry and frustrated when I want to smoke, so I smoke to calm myself down. Like a baby having to suck on that sucky thingy babies have so I wouldn't cry or scream.

It's a habit for being calm and not to go crazy when all the crazy things are going on in life.

But even if it's for calmness why can't I find different ways to calm myself down because I think it's making me calm but I also think it's only making me anxious.