Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Castration anxiety

3 posts in this topic

I keep having daydreams and night terrors about having my genitalia somehow removed, and I keep waking up sweating from these dreams. I don’t know if I’m developing a strange phobia, but literally I’m terrified of the thought of being castrated, more specifically having the penile organ removed. Horrific thoughts.

Is it the pain of the process that's scary or living without genitalia? 

What made you change your mind about this? If I remember correctly. 

I dunno if Freud is right on this one, but here we go...

• ''In Freudian psychoanalysis, castration anxiety (Kastrationsangst) refers to an unconscious fear of penile loss originating during the phallic stage of psychosexual development and lasting a lifetime. According to Freud, when the infantile male becomes aware of differences between male and female genitalia he assumes that the female's penis has been removed and becomes anxious that his penis will be cut off by his rival, the father figure, as punishment for desiring the mother figure.[4]" = wiki

Might be symbolic too.  Like your "manhood" or "selfhood" and "power" being robbed of you or something.  Or fear that you'll be weak, impotent, and a slave or something.  I dunno.

But, another little bitty Freud also coined = "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins