Chris_Esoteric

Sleep Deprivation + Psychedelics? Is it a good combo?

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This past week, I lost two nights of sleep!!! Surprisingly, I'm able to function properly, more or less. The question of ingesting hallucinogens while sleep deprived came up. Is it wise for me to take say, substances that are sedating in nature combined with sleep deprivation?

I would highly doubt that, your body already goes through quite a shock on a psychedelic voyage, I don't see a point to making it harder.

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." -Carlos Castaneda

I would say it's not worth it. I wouldn't say anything horrible would go wrong. But, after your trip peaked and you start to lose that energy from it you are going to feel like shit. You'll want to fall asleep but, most likely, won't be able to due to the substance you took. Unless you are going to do free base DMT or something of that nature that only lasts a short time. It's best just to wait until you are refreshed and have the time to set your trip up right. Unless you have no other option at all, then I suppose go for it if you truly wish.

This is a good way to trigger a psychotic episode. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

Posted (edited)

@BipolarGrowth I remember one person told me Psilocybin Mushrooms could help me with Insomnia. Do you think that's the case?

Edit: I've been sleep deprived many times. I've never experienced the late stages of Sleep Deprivation, though. I have however experienced olfactory hallucinations and slight Peripheral Distortion. The Early stages, I have experienced. The effects are listed in Psychonautwiki.org

Early Stages:

- Euphoria

- Increased Libido 

- Increased Sense Of Humor 

Late Stages:

- Delirium 

- Paranoia 

- Shadow People 

- Autonomous Entities 

Edited by Chris_Esoteric

These neurotransmitters work in trying to keep you awake in many cases. LSD kept me up for quite a while. Be careful mixing natural sleep deprivation with large doses of psychedelics. 

You mistake my Raja Yoga. 

If you're not tripping in the midst of sleep deprivation on a 20 day water fast in a dark room are you even woke? ?