Christian

What Is God? My Thoughts

31 posts in this topic

I had this pretty cool insight recently that god is everything. So often, we tend to judge others as good or bad according to our own egoic needs and desires. The self agenda wants so badly to survive. But this self is a delusion and all ideas about how life should be is that too. But that is also part of the infinite consciousness of god and god is open to all possibilities even falsehood and deep delusion.

From the perspective of god or nothingness, there is nothing wrong with anything. Reality is just being. And this nothingness is always present. You can never escape it. It is the truth that cannot be communicated or understood, yet it is always there looking at itself. It can only be experienced directly. 

I think this nothingness that god is has its own hidden agenda, which also can only be experienced. Because it contains every possible experience and perspective an infinite range of perspectives and therefore allows for infinite expansion. Every perspective and experience is a feature of god and it is always changing. It is never static. It wants to move and shift, destroy create, live and die. 

@Christian Good job. You've realized something that 97% of people take for granted, or refuse to acknowledge.

You should listen to Alan Watts. He breaks the concept of reality/God down in an articulate way.

We need a new label for ideas like this. "God" is (loosely) defined as an all powerful being or diety who controls the laws of nature. That doesn't sound at all like what you're describing to me. 

@ChimpBrain

You make it sound like god is some sort of separated entity separated from everything else. That is NOT what god what god is. Be open radically open here.

What god literally is is ABSOULUTE INFINITY!!. This absolute infinity is NOTHING and EVERYTHING at the same time paradoxically.

God has no space, no time, no location, no meaning, no personality, nothing. It is completely neutral and it is YOU.

You are god meaning you are the field of infinite nothingness that god is.

This can only be experienced directly in present reality when your ego is gone. And this is what enlightenment is about; discovering your true existential nature aka god.

34 minutes ago, Christian said:

@ChimpBrain

You make it sound like god is some sort of separated entity separated from everything else. That is NOT what god what god is. Be open radically open here.

What god literally is is ABSOULUTE INFINITY!!. This absolute infinity is NOTHING and EVERYTHING at the same time paradoxically.

God has no space, no time, no location, no meaning, no personality, nothing. It is completely neutral and it is YOU.

You are god meaning you are the field of infinite nothingness that god is.

This can only be experienced directly in present reality when your ego is gone. And this is what enlightenment is about; discovering your true existential nature aka god.

You're kind of preaching to the choir dude. Not in the sense that I've experienced exactly what you're talking about, but in the more broad sense that I'm extremely open minded to any and all concepts of "God" and have virtually no beliefs about what it is or is not. The point of my post was obviously poorly conveyed. The definition of God I provided is not my definition, it's THE definition. What I was trying to say is that I wish we, as an open minded collective, had some alternative terminology to describe this nothingness/everythingness/infinity/whatever. The word God is basically worthless to me. It can mean so many different things to so many different people it's essentially meaningless.

@ChimpBrain

You know what? You are right. It is great to have many definitions of the same thing - in this case god. Hitting it from different angles is important. And I am sort of preaching - I get that lol. But it may hopefully help some who are new to spirituality. That was my intention. 

24 minutes ago, Christian said:

@ChimpBrain

You know what? You are right. It is great to have many definitions of the same thing - in this case god. Hitting it from different angles is important. And I am sort of preaching - I get that lol. But it may hopefully help some who are new to spirituality. That was my intention. 

Sorry if you misunderstood the "preaching to the choir" comment. If you're not from the US (or possibly even the southern/Midwest US)  then that phrase was probably lost on you. It's also phrased as "preaching to the converted". As in a Christian preacher giving a sermon to a crowd who already completely agrees with him. I didn't think your intention was anything but positive and I appreciated your original post. I'm always looking to expand my view of what any "god" may or may not be . 

God is a word we use to fit Infinity inside our brains :D

B R E A T H E

I think god is cultural concept created by humans powered  by our need for saftey and understanding. 

@Drivro1 I agree, its just a cultural thing because i don't think americans would be christian if they were raised in Saudi Arabia :D

About God being a cultural concept :D
Peoples belief in god is molded by the country they live in. 

Beliefs are not important in the first place.

The best thing to do if one wants to find god is to drop all ideas of god and just sit. Then, the answer can be seen.

But only then. Yet on the other hand, beliefs can help you to get a sense of what this thing is that you want to see. So in a sense, beliefs are helpful, they are just not the truth. By the way, beliefs are the map, not at all the territory. Some "maps" are better suited for setting you on the path than others. It is all about how the map is interpreted and used. That is the most important.

9 hours ago, Drivro1 said:

@Schulzy Ye but I'm talking god in general. Not specific god.

What do you mean in general?

'God in general' for arabians is Alah and 'god in general' for christians is Jesus. 

41 minutes ago, Schulzy said:

What do you mean in general?

'God in general' for arabians is Alah and 'god in general' for christians is Jesus. 

That's the problem, that God cannot be named. Christians call it God, but if you read the Bible you will see that Jews used to say that he cannot be named and that he had thousands of names.

We have to use a name and to get an idea of what is "Reality" or "God", the problem is that the idea then becomes the interpretation of every different person about what they think God is, so God will become different depending on their belief and their level of awakening. That's why I am Christian, but I don't follow the common Christianity. I think Jesus is misunderstood, even by his disciples.

Jesus never said he was God himself, he always said "Me and God are one". That's different. That's like Buddha saying "I am one with reality".

It's very hard to explain, because you need to know a lot about different religions and see the common idea on them. The most common idea is to kill your ego so consciousness arises, like a Christian would say "Deny yourself,  take up your cross and follow me." That "me" that Jesus was referring too was Christ that is Christ Consciousness. Jesus becomes "God" when he was JesusChrist, the union with God.

If you read the Mystics Christians you will see that they were referring to this same thing, but of course they were punished by the traditional church, they were accused of heresy, like Meister Eckhart, St. John of the Cross and many more that were silenced by the Catholic Church, mostly....

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Yep agreed God is and can only be experienced existentially, therefore any attempt to describe or label conceptually will ultimately fall short. In fact any attempt to describe anything real will always fall short. Its like if youve never eaten a banana and i describe it to you, even if i write a 500 page book describing it you still will not know the experience. So same thing with god you can write all the books you want but until you experience it you will have no clue, and obviously its impossible to experience while youre still looking for concepts in your head 

Edited by Consept

Also when it comes to god, people like to zoom out and express their opinions about it, even do noone really cares and it woun't change shit.

@Drivro1

You can't teach pigs to fly. That's what my previous coach used to tell me. It's quite sad, but true..

Strange, last day I was thinking exactly at the same concept:  I am related to "God" like a wave is related to the ocean. That was in the first half of the day, the second half I tried to figure out why "Gods" kill each other.

Edited by George Paul