Andrew John

The Ideal Breakfast

10 posts in this topic

All I have at the minute after my workout and cold shower is a bowl of granola, and a fruit smoothie with Turmeric and a couple of supplements.

Can people advise what would be a better start to the day? 

@Andrew John sounds like a decent breakfast already. Store-bought or home-made granola? Smoothies are nice, have you tried making it a smoothie bowl and adding that granola on the top of that? 

I don't think there is a blueprint for an ideal breakfast, for me personally larger meal (up to 850-900 calories) works best filled with an abundance of fibre, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits & berries. I get the most energy and mental clarity from this sort of meal. But many others don't eat breakfast or have high-fat breakfast and it works good for them so you just gotta experiment and see how you feel.  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

25 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I don't think there is a blueprint for an ideal breakfast, for me personally larger meal (up to 850-900 calories) works best filled with an abundance of fibre, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits & berries

@Michael569 What are some examples of such breakfast?

@Human Mint I really like buckwheat or millet porridge (rather than typical oatmeal) and then just top it up to your heart's content. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Human Mint I make sometimes a mini dinner as breakfast (brown beans, pineapple, zucchini with or without brown rice or quinoa, depends on my hunger) Requires some more time with cooking but it's worth it imo.

Green Apple. Black Coffee. 8 Almonds.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Poridge with milled chia seeds and brown seeds plus frozen or fresh fruit of your choice. Add avocado  and a pot of tea?

Replace chia seeds with walnuts if that's more handy in the area that your are living although one bag of 1kg from Amazon should last for 6 months or so. 

Oatmeal, chia seeds, butter, cacao powder, cinnamon, maple syrupz honey, peanut butter, and either carbon skimmed milk or milk alternatives like coconut milk, almond milk, hazel nut milk ect. I don't influde fruits much, but a side of banana is enough. Optional is brown bread.