levani

still a good idea to take the vaccine ?

37 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

Rigorous and thorough methodologies with the help of hundreds of years of medical knowledge

:D Yeh as everything in our society based on unquestionable knowledge and scientist thoroughness and transparency, right? :D 

Don't be so naive. Start developing a sceptical mind. 

I'm not saying that a vaccine is bad. IT DEPENDS. Hello? 

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary You are not engaging in skepticism, what you are doing is called anti-intellectualism which many not very bright people are victim of. 

5 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

You are not engaging in skepticism, what you are doing is called anti-intellectualism which many not very bright people are victim of. 

Remember - always be kind. Don't attack or start name calling other people. And be a master of your emotions.

softly into the Abyss...

OP, I urge you greatly to take the vaccine. It has been 100% proven to be totally safe and effective despite the less than approximately half of 1% of hospital related incidents that occurred from the vaccines. None of the those people who got hospitalized even died. There's certainly been ZERO medical or scientific evidence that anyone has ever died from take any of the vaccines. 

Btw, WE NEED at least 75-80% of everyone in the world to be vaccinated in order to truly defeat this virus, which has been the scourge of the earth, once and for all. If you don't get vaccinated then that means that you are automatically contributing to suffering of other people's lives.

Why wasn't the vaccine made mandatory? If it's optional to take it, why there is so much pressure on those who choose not to take it? Just curious.

@Natasha Nobody is pressuring anybody, if you are an adult you decide what to do. The problem is when people start fearmongering or spreading misinformation regarding COVID on the forum despite there being a clear warning on the guidelines of the forum not to do that.

Literally the first guideline: 

''Basic guidelines for quality posting:

No conspiracy theories: Covid hoax, 9/11 inside job, David Icke stuff, reptilians, Pizzagate, QAnnon, pedophilia accusations, the Jewish question, holocaust denial, etc.''

12 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Why wasn't the vaccine made mandatory? If it's optional to take it, why there is so much pressure on those who choose not to take it? Just curious.

You'd get a red-neck revolution similar to what happened on the capital building on January 6 lol 

Lots of conservatives are stuck in conspiracy theories about vaccines and the pandemic. Making it mandatory would have only increased outrage and reinforced their idea that the government is trying to "use the pandemic to control your life".

@Natasha It’s inadvertently mandatory. By Societal pressure and not being allowed to do certain things without it. The privileges are enough to make people take it.  Ive had my first shot because I want to be able to travel again. Not saying it’s good or bad. Only time will tell. But for now I want life to get moving again.

44 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I don’t think there’s as much pressure to take it (not denying there’s any pressure at all), but there’s more of a push towards ‘well what are your reasons for not doing the thing that directly improves the wellbeing of you, those around you and society at large’.

It’s perfectly okay to be anxious about it, but many individuals who don’t wanna get vaccinated seem to not be always honest about why they’re hesitant.

When you really get down to it, the reason for not taking the vaccine is probably because they’re afraid. And that’s okay. Fear sucks, and it’s okay to be afraid of the vaccine.

The pressure would probably lessen if we all admitted that we might kinda be afraid of the vaccine because inspite of all the official health data, it’s an enigma, it’s unknown and it has never been seen before. So yeah, fear and hesitancy are natural. Least we can do is be honest about it.

Im registered to get my shot and I’m waiting to hear back, and there’s a part of me that’s kinda afraid and thinks ‘yeah what if all the anti-vaccine conspiracies are true’ haha. But I’ll take the risk! I want my vaccine :) 

@Natasha in other words I’m almost certain that If you said ‘I don’t want the vaccine because I’m fucking scared as hell’ there would me so much less pressure, and even if there was it would affect you very little. 

this vaccine is just in an experimental phase, you can die if you use it

Vaccine is the only reason why the death count is not skyrocketing right now in 1st world countries, and businesses are fully reopening.

Vaccine was rushed to save millions of lives and trillions in economic damage.

Please do not infect others with ignorance, ingratitude, fear, cyncism, and unsystemic thinking.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

This vaccine has very little research done. It's been rushed.

The vaccine has had a decade of prior research. The biotech company Moderna named their company after their mission of developing rna vaccines. Modern + rna = "Moderna". They were established in 2010 and have been working on this for 10 years. 

There was a huge amount of prior research, yet the clinical trials were accelerated due to the pandemic.