Someone here

How to overcome existential fears?

26 posts in this topic

If one is terrified of the idea of hell and death and such things.. How to put those fears to rest once and for all? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Someone here Do such things exist or are they imagined?

That's a tricky question.  They are imagined right now. But they might be an actuality in the future. Right?? 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Someone here Do such things exist or are they imagined?

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

That's a tricky question.  They are imagined right now. But they might be an actuality in the future. Right?? 

I have just opened a similar thread to this. Now these things can be imagined, but so is our toothpaste? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I have just opened a similar thread to this. 

I see ?...

-Osho

@Someone here
I made this thread a year ago, you have also replied. I think unless we go in the afterlife and see it with our own eyes we will never get rid of these fears completely

52 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I have just opened a similar thread to this. Now these things can be imagined, but so is our toothpaste? 

That's spot on. ?

They might or might not be an actuality in the future so believing that only creates suffering.

52 minutes ago, Dodo said:

The toothaste is not toothpaste it just is. The thought that it's your toothpaste is added to what is.

Edited by WelcometoReality

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

That's spot on. ?

They might or might not be an actuality in the future so believing that only creates suffering.

The toothaste is not toothpaste it just is. The thought that it's your toothpaste is added by thought

Yeah but ok, if I am tortured by some hellish beings I can say to myself "its just a thought " but it would still be actually there, like the toothpaste. 

I do hope I am just projecting stuff, but its scary. 

Also I do not want to think about it much, because I could be creatimg it by giving it conscious attention. 

I will even remove my thread now because I know the power of words and dont want to cause this hell loop to other souls.  

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@WelcometoReality i know I can defeat the wicked in a discussion about reality... But they can defeat me by causing me pain... Then it does not matter if I was right or wrong... If i am silenced by force, nobody cares that it's just a thought..  the pain would be real. Sort of like the pain caused by not brushing our teeth...

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

56 minutes ago, Someone here said:

They are imagined right now. But they might be an actuality in the future. Right??

They will always only be an actuality in the future through your imagining them in the future. When you actually experience anything (even the thinking about the future), it is only ever in the present, and that is all that is true. 

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

If one is terrified of the idea of hell and death

Hell is being terrified of death right now. What's needed is realisation that things just carry on whether you're terrified or not. Worry about hell and death when and if they come, trust that your future self will take care of it.

All stories and explanations are false.

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Hell is being terrified of death right now. What's needed is realisation that things just carry on whether you're terrified or not. Worry about hell and death when and if they come, trust that your future self will take care of it.

Something to be said about being prepared or for ways to prevent it. 

If we just close our eyes about it, it might be the wrong move. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

@WelcometoReality i know I can defeat the wicked in a discussion about reality... But they can defeat me by causing me pain... Then it does not matter if I was right or wrong... If i am silenced by force, nobody cares that it's just a thought..  the pain would be real. Sort of like the pain caused by not brushing our teeth...

It's not meant to be theoretical. I can see that you are in pain but I can also see that the pain is caused by believing thought. I'm not saying that this is easy. It takes work/dedication to see through it but it can be done. 

I've had many thoughts that caused a great deal of pain but only becaused I believed them. All it took was the willingness to let them go and the dedication to inquire into the underlying beliefs that was the cause. 

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

Something to be said about being prepared or for ways to prevent it. 

If we just close our eyes about it, it might be the wrong move.

Good point. How prepared can you be for death or hell? I suppose I can prepare myself against a hurricane or tsunami maybe. But death and hell? Perhaps I can take out an insurance policy by taking up religion or spirituality? How do I prepare myself against my own fear of the future?

Even for a tsunami or hurricane you can only prepare so much, and then you forget about it once it's done. You let your future self worry about the details when it comes.

1 minute ago, LastThursday said:

Good point. How prepared can you be for death or hell? I suppose I can prepare myself against a hurricane or tsunami maybe. But death and hell? Perhaps I can take out an insurance policy by taking up religion or spirituality? How do I prepare myself against my own fear of the future?

Even for a tsunami or hurricane you can only prepare so much, and then you forget about it once it's done. You let your future self worry about the details when it comes.

Thats the big question, how to prepare... And who can we really trust for that... What if organised religion is just the way the devil is targeting his sheep.. and making it look like they are saved... But then the sheep follow the shepherd into the slaughterhouse .

I really have trust issues and PTSD as if I've been there already... Might be

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

If one is terrified of the idea of hell and death and such things.. How to put those fears to rest once and for all? 

I think the first step is halt trying to put fear to rest. There is a concept of "leaning in", your fear is here to serve you. It has a place in your psyche, and can be transmuted into being a readable signal that you are moving towards things that will grow you. Fear is your friend - listen to it, understand it..just try not to let it take the wheel on your journey.

@Dodo your future self is always stronger, and more wise than you, trust that person. Don't trust neurosis, we can find fear everywhere if we let it, and we become paralysised. That's no way to lead life.

@Someone here What do you feel is the worst part?

What is the worst case scenario in your opinion?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

they might be an actuality in the future. Right?? 

No they won't. Death isn't real.

I don't recall now if I thought 100% of it was accurate but some parts I felt were important.

There's also Spira videos on deep sleep explaining how the nothing is our true nature.

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

It's about seeing it for what it is, about seeing the source of thinking. Meditate 2 years for 1 hour in the morning observing who observes the deep breathing, that should be it. ✊

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x