Peo

I want to cure aging

20 posts in this topic

My biggest goal in life is to one day be able to cure aging for myself, meaning i would look like a 25 year old boy, but in reality being some few centuries old. As old as 13 years old i have kept my self updated when it comes to science progress towards  increasing human life expectancy. I actually long  thought this  would be my LP, but it was something else. It would actually see how far you could get in life with self-improvment and spirituality if  you could live for thousand years. 

I did  consider to just become a scientist and pursue the cure  to  aging, but i would just cause a lot of suffering for myself, when i have a passion for something  else then doing science. Although i have faith that science will be able to find a  cure for aging in 40 years, and as long as people have the money to buy some few centuries of time. I have never been interested in being rich, but the only  real reason i would want to become rich is so i can live a  long life. I bet that in the future it will be your money that decieds  how long you will live and not your diet or genetic. Meaning rich people would be maybe die 600 years old and poor people would die at 80-90  year old.

So right now i want take diet and exercising more seriously to slow down aging prossess and hope that i can cure aging at some time in the future. 

What are your thoughts about my goal? It is a pretty crazy goal i have, i know. Just imagine how awake and wise you could be as a 1000 years old human and  one day be able to see for your own eyes human society at stage turquoise SD. 

The word "cure" implies that something is "wrong" and ought to be fixed, and yet there is nothing "wrong" or in need of fixing regarding aging.

To me, the idea of "curing aging" is just as absurd as "curing" breathing or walking or eating (or any other innocent, non-problematic thing :D)

It's Love.

6 hours ago, Peo said:

Just imagine how awake and wise you could be as a 1000 years old human

Don't forget to imagine how dumb and evil you could be too ;)

A 1000 year old Trump? No thank you. I would rather die.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Don't forget to imagine how dumb and evil you could be too ;)

That's basically the Cyberpunk story. 

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful. That statement alone could give me a heart attack! :(

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@RendHeaven It  is a matter of perspective, if  you  look at  aging as  something natural of life, then it would not be a problem. Although if you look at as a disease,  then you can say you want to cure it. Would you not want to live longer then only 80 years?

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah  that also would be a problem, if they never develop themself. That might also be one of the consequences giving the cure to aging to someone like a Trump. We would basically have a bunch of old conservative ruling the world. 

3 hours ago, Opo said:

That's basically the Cyberpunk story. 

I thought the Cyberpunk story was how to sell a gold-plated turd to your fans ;)

8 minutes ago, Peo said:

Yeah  that also would be a problem, if they never develop themself. That might also be one of the consequences giving the cure to aging to someone like a Trump. We would basically have a bunch of old conservative ruling the world. 

Consider that death is a healthy part of life. Like reinstalling your OS.

9 hours ago, Peo said:

My biggest goal in life is to one day be able to cure aging for myself, meaning i would look like a 25 year old boy, but in reality being some few centuries old. 

I had this too when I was a kid. I found out it was my fear of death or the unknown after life that kept this thought alive. I wanted to avoid the inevitable forever. Looking around me now in the world I think death is beautiful thing.

10 hours ago, Peo said:

So right now i want take diet and exercising more seriously to slow down aging prossess and hope that i can cure aging at some time in the future.

I don't believe you can really slow it down. You can live healthy and exercise normally and still get Alzheimer's for instance. Just because you have smoothish skin without that much wrinkles at age 40 - 50 doesn't necessarily mean you've slowed aging down. Live life that feels like your authentic  you.

The limited time span is what makes this experience of living beautiful, precious and miraculous. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

There are certain things you can only learn and experience through facing your own imminent death and aging

In a dream world I could imagine it given to people who offered the world tremendous value, as the highest award.

I remember as a kid the thought of both death and eternal life seem impossible to reconcile due the the sense of fear they both inspired in me at the time. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump 3020. MAGA!!!

gt8up4m9wdr51.jpg

Release me.

Darth MAGA

4 hours ago, John Doe said:

Trump 3020. MAGA!!!

gt8up4m9wdr51.jpg

"Do not, my friends, become addicted to being stingy with your political donations!"

This guy needs some sun.  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

People who want to live forever need to come to terms with death and understand the beauty in it. We need death to progress our society. I would like to live a long and prosperous life but living beyond 90+ is where I would like to go. My great-grandpa lived to be 102 so maybe I could make it to that but to live several hundred years or forever and get to choose when I want to die does not interest me. 

Edited by NorthRise

Imagine the emotional scars and trauma lived in 1000 years, would be psychologically unbearable, just living with ptsd, broken, damaged.

Thats why we die and reincarnate with deleted memories with a full blank sheet...

Would we stay at one age or keep getting older?  We could become vampires, but even they were unhappy living forever...