Shiva99

I want to run everyday but my legs won't let me

17 posts in this topic

Running in the morning makes me feel good throughout the day. It gives me a lot of energy to tackle the day. I wish i could run every morning, but i can't. If i do so, over time my anckles start to sting and injuries come. What can i do about this? Plenty of people run everyday without too much problems.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Have you tried an elliptical? 

What's your diet? 

Try using a stationery bicycle in a gym 

Gives similar benefits to running and jogging. 

Change your footwear. Certain footwear or shoes can cause strain. 

Are you running into the woods on hike trails like uphill? 

Trying running on flat roads. 

Jog instead of run

Drink plenty of water. 

Massage your feet from time to time. 

Keep feet in hot/warm water and soak your feet like pedicure. 

Look for signs of arthritis and joint issues. Visit doctor. 

Do feet exercises at home in smaller bits to keep feet bones and muscles strong 

Don't wear tight shoes. 

Don't try to run too fast. You could be tearing off your ligaments. 

Apply oil, preferably coconut oil on feet and keep massaging to make the muscles strong. 

See your diet and Vit D and calcium levels. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

17 hours ago, Shiva99 said:

If i do so, over time my anckles start to sting and injuries come. What can i do about this?

Go to your local sports shop and do some feet tests. It seems you have the wrong shoes. The sports guy at the shop can look at the anckles to see if they are suppinated/pronated.

Edited by Snuitje

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Keep feet in hot/warm water and soak your feet like pedicure. 

For this to be effective you need to do a period of cold then hot water for a couple of times. 

Look for signs of arthritis and joint issues. Visit doctor. 

He will just give him pills that could actually make the situation worse. 

Apply oil, preferably coconut oil on feet and keep massaging to make the muscles strong. 

Wat? 

Are you running on your heels or your toes?

natural-running-wrong-right-stages-260nw 

Next, just start body building. Work different body parts on the days that the legs need to rest. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral  That picture isn't really correct. There's alot of debate on the proper way to run. The above picture can be correct because of the natural shock absorption on the feet land. However even the bottom one can be correct if you have good shoes with good shock absorption and foot placement skill so to speak. I've seen videos where they almost land flat footed with their feet slighty supinated (need to have good shoes for this I think as well). The best way to run is actually without shoes but that takes practice for our soft feet nowadays.

On the alignment of the feet and body, it should come naturally.

Elipticals, biking

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I use to run a lot. I had a lot of similar issues as I keep ramping up the distance. A few major things that will cause injuries will be bad shoes and not enough stretching. Those two alone can cause a lot of problems. You might be going to often or too long for what your muscles are ready for too. I recommend looking up how to test if running shoes are bad and build a good routine of stretching multiple times per day. 

So as someone who was a competitive sub elite distance runner and has studied the sport since the age of 12 and now actually starting to come back into the sport after a few years off I think I'll have some stuff that could contribute. 

First off some questions: 

• How long have you been running up till now? 
  • How consistently have you or are you running each week? 
  • How long are your runs? 
  • What is your background with running? 
  • What's your current status in terms of your fitness? Are you or have you ever been an endurance athlete (disregard competence/abilities)? Are you in good shape? 
  • Any recurring injuries in the past? 
  • Can you explain more this pain in your ankles? Is it an inflammation thing? Can you describe the pain? Is it an ache? is it sharp? 
  • What's your intent with your running?

17 hours ago, Snuitje said:

However even the bottom one can be correct if you have good shoes with good shock absorption and foot placement skill so to speak.

This is simply untrue.

First of all, "if you have good shoes with good shock absorption and foot placement skill so to speak" means nothing, given that the "if" attempts to justify heel-landing.

No serious runner or athletic coach will ever encourage (or passively allow) heel-landing.

Heel-landing is outright biomechanically disadvantageous in terms of injury prevention & energy efficiency.

If you insist on running flat-footed, even then the pressure emphasis is on the balls of your feet, NOT your heel.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

29 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Preety_India you and leo have the same personality types. The logician. 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Sry pretty. 

INTJ = Architect, not logician.

@diamondpenguin

I wouldn't compare personalities off a couple comments on some forum. 

Personality is way more complex than 4 symbols (applied erroneously). 

My personality is fluid, I am every personality simultaneously, no limits mofo. 

Edited by Striving for more