devoid

choosing happiness by making up your own truths

49 posts in this topic

let's say that your main goal was happiness.

i know that a lot of people here might have truth as the main goal. or something like that. but let's just think about this from the perspective that happiness is the main goal.

would it be wrong to make things up as a way to cope with reality? i mean, to believe in things just because it makes you happy?

some examples:

- seeing a roadkill, you imagine it to either just being asleep, or that the animal continues to live as a ghost, or if you're an atheist, you might imagine that it comes to heaven

- treating objects as living things with their own will, feelings and thoughts, especially things like plushies, but can also be things like the sea, wind, and so on

- believing in santa, tooth fairy, unicorns, etc, even though you know that you have no proof of those beings existing

what could be dangerous with this type of thinking? would this be a bad way to create some extra happiness in your everyday life?

(i'm not talking about believing in the sense that this would be some kind of absolute truth. it's more like "fuck it, everything is relative and i can't know anything for sure, so let's just make the best of the shitshow that this life is. this scenario would make me the happiest, so let's decide that that's how it is")

7 hours ago, sda said:

In my opinion, experiment with it and see the results you get with it. If your life is improving as well as your happiness and survival then you can think like that in order to increase your happiness. If you don't see any results from such thinking then don't do it.

Personally, for me when I tried it made me really happy but then at some point, I realized that I can increase my happiness levels so I have outgrown this type of thinking.

So I would say that you can do it for sometime (assuming that it works for you) but make sure that at some point of your life, you outgrow it. 

why is it important to outgrow it?

The wise realizing that the highest happiness is Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would it also be fair to say that the highest truth is happiness, as at a relatively high level the two become indistinguishable? Does truth ever not lead to greater long-term happiness?

30 minutes ago, Zeldor said:

@Leo Gura Would it also be fair to say that the highest truth is happiness, as at a relatively high level the two become indistinguishable? Does truth ever not lead to greater long-term happiness?

Truth/Love/Esctasy is the realization that there is no difference whatsoever between anything.

When all difference is seen to be imaginary and irrelevant, you reach infinite joy. It's an ocean of Love so deep you shudder in a metaphysical cosmic Mindgasm.

Then you understand what true happiness is. True happiness is simply realizing that nothing is better than anything else. Period. That's when all seeking stops.

So long as you are under the illusion that one thing is better than another, you will always suffer because you will seek the better and resent the worse.

The ultimate Truth is that nothing is better than anything else because all things are equally wondrous. Ta-da! Your unhappiness turned out to be nothing other than bias.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Truth/Love/Esctasy is the realization that there is no difference whatsoever between anything.

When all difference is seen to be imaginary and irrelevant, you reach infinite joy. It's an ocean of Love so deep you shudder in a metaphysical cosmic Mindgasm.

Then you understand what true happiness is. True happiness is simply realizing that nothing is better than anything else. Period. That's when all seeking stops.

So long as you are under the illusion that one thing is better than another, you will always suffer because you will seek the better and resent the worse.

The ultimate Truth is that nothing is better than anything else because all things are equally wondrous. Ta-da! Your unhappiness turned out to be nothing other than bias.

why would the realization that everything is the same create happiness? does the happiness come from having realized some kind of ultimate truth and being happy because that was discovered, or does it stem from something else?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I feel like if this was true we would have never created the illusion of difference in the first place. How can a perfect happiness originate an illusion of deficiency? My personal intuition is that Harmony is a higher wisdom than indifference and that pain and suffering are simply forms of disharmony which guide us toward happiness and protect us against ignorance.

Preemptive rebuttal: No, masochists, don't like pain, they are just using pain to distract themselves from the extreme psychological suffering they are going through and as such pain provides a relief for them which they perceive as pleasure but it is no more pleasure than taking a painkiller for your bad knee. Notice how girls who cut themselves often hate themselves and consider themselves trash or are in an extremely unpleasant family situation.

@devoid Do not seek to make up belief systems, that is the old way of humanity (blue/purple stage) and it's already demonstrated its deficiencies, instead seek to let go of all the blocks and resistances you have created towards happiness/love.

Edited by tatsumaru

1 hour ago, devoid said:

why would the realization that everything is the same create happiness? does the happiness come from having realized some kind of ultimate truth and being happy because that was discovered, or does it stem from something else?

Because once you realize there is no difference between anything, then you discover Heaven. You are then literally floating in Heaven because you are 100% conscious that nothing bad can happen. Bad is the illusion that one thing is worse than another. But if there is no difference between anything, bad literally becomes impossible. And what remains is a profound bliss. You literally become immortal and untouchable.

That's realizing the Oneness of God.

45 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

I feel like if this was true we would have never created the illusion of difference in the first place. How can a perfect happiness originate an illusion of deficiency? My personal intuition is that Harmony is a higher wisdom than indifference and that pain and suffering are simply forms of disharmony which guide us toward happiness and protect us against ignorance.

You are assuming a difference between the illusion of difference and it's opposite. That is duality, not Oneness.

How can it not? Infinity must have the capacity to make itself finite, otherwise it isn't infinite.

There is no higher harmony than the Oneness of which I speak. Indifference is not human indifference, it is ecstasy and Love.

Love is just a complete lack of bias. When your bias for the various parts of reality drops to zero, your Love of all its parts rises to Infinity. God is Love because God has zero biases. God Loves all its parts equally much because it has no self to favor any one part.

Human love is biased because you are selfish.

God's Love is unbiased because God is selfless.

Selflessness IS Love!

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because once you realize there is no difference between anything, then you discover Heaven. You are then literally floating in Heaven because you are 100% conscious that nothing bad can happen. Bad is the illusion that one thing is worse than another. But if there is no difference between anything, bad literally becomes impossible. And what remains is a profound bliss. You literally become immortal and untouchable.

That's realizing the Oneness of God.

You are assuming a difference between the illusion of difference and it's opposite. That is duality, not Oneness.

How can it not? Infinity must have the capacity to make itself finite, otherwise it isn't infinite.

There is no higher harmony than the Oneness of which I speak. Indifference is not human indifference, it is ecstasy and Love.

Love is just a complete lack of bias. When you bias for various parts of reality drops to zero, your Love of all its parts rises to Infinity.

There might not be higher Oneness than the one you speak, but Oneness is still not Wholeness. There can neither be Oneness or Many in wholeness for One requires many and what requires many perpetuates the illusion of separation.
Absolute wholeness is beyond the sum of opposites therefore no indifference can penetrate absolute truth human or otherwise.

“The Long Path is concerned with relative matters, but the Short one is concerned with the Absolute alone…Confucius’ injunction to acquire specific virtues is Long Path, whereas Lao-zu’s counsel to let the mind become empty so that Tao may enter it is the Short Path.”- Paul Brunton.

How is seeking to equate opposites an emptying of the mind? This is still clinging to sensory input but seeking to transmute it into some sort of heaven through indifference or attributing balanced qualities to each phenomenon. There's no truth in maya regardless of our attitudes. A movie is a movie whether you think of it as a story or just as moving pixels.

Edited by tatsumaru

20 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

There can neither be Oneness or Many in wholeness for One requires many and what requires many perpetuates the illusion of separation.
Absolute wholeness is beyond the sum of opposites therefore no indifference can penetrate absolute truth human or otherwise.

“The Long Path is concerned with relative matters, but the Short one is concerned with the Absolute alone…Confucius’ injunction to acquire specific virtues is Long Path, whereas Lao-zu’s counsel to let the mind become empty so that Tao may enter it is the Short Path.”- Paul Brunton.

How is seeking to equate opposites an emptying of the mind? This is still clinging to sensory input but seeking to transmute it into some sort of heaven through indifference or attributing balanced qualities to each phenomenon. There's no truth in maya regardless of our attitudes. A movie is a movie whether you think of it as a story or just as moving pixels.

Too much mental gymnastic.

Take whatever psychedelics you need, or go do a hardcore retreat and focus on what is Love.

You'll have direct experience, even if just for a minute, then you'll stop the mental masturbation and won't need to debate anyone on the forum anymore.

Problem solved !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

Too much mental gymnastic.

Take whatever psychedelics you need, or go do a hardcore retreat and focus on what is Love.

You'll have direct experience, even if just for a minute, then you'll stop the mental masturbation and won't need to debate anyone on the forum anymore.

Problem solved !

If you are not willing to go further than the 6 senses that's your choice. Do not project your stuckness in heavenly delusions onto my honest inquiries. Your oneness identity is hijacking your logic to the point where you are incapable of communicating anything other than indifference. It has become stagnant not clear. It is so infatuated with equalizing phenomena that is now unable to differentiate between the wisdom and indifference and as a result has prisoned itself within phenomena. Did Lao Tzu thought that it was mental masturbation to write the Tao Te Ching or did the Buddha thought it was mental masturbation to share the Heart Sutra? You are in the prison of Brahman.

A Buddha said, "identifying with anything, even the universe at large, is an ego illusion."  How is your Oneness not just a universe identity? You identify with everything everything your 6 senses can perceive therefore there isn't anything bad for you are everything. That's not going further than your senses which also belong to the dream.

Edited by tatsumaru

6 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

If you are not willing to go further than the 6 senses that's your choice. Do not project your stuckness in heavenly delusions onto my honest inquiries. Your oneness identity is hijacking your logic to the point where you are incapable of communicating anything other than indifference. It has become stagnant not clear. It is so infatuated with equalizing phenomena that is now unable to differentiate between the wisdom and indifference. Did Lao Tzu thought that it was mental masturbation to write the Tao Te Ching or did the Buddha thought it was mental masturbation to share the Heart Sutra?

You seem to disagree and are debating about something that is more than obvious if you've experienced it just once, that is all I'm saying.

From my own experience, that's a HUGE waste of time :)

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

You seem to disagree and are debating about something that is more than obvious if you've experienced it just once, that is all I'm saying.

From my own experience, that's a HUGE waste of time :)

I am not debating, I am simply inquiring as to why you are holding on to the oneness identity. From your comments it doesn't seem more than obvious. It seems like you are in fact supporting this belief in merging of opposites or balancing of opposites into some sort of union. Feel free to correct me if that's not what you are supporting.

@tatsumaru What your calling wholeness is the same as what Leo is referring to as Oneness, so in that sense your debating semantics. 

There's still a lot you don't understand and I think shin may be pointing some of that.  Love/Bliss/Ecstacy of its own accord may be one of those things which you have not awakened much or at all to.

The emptying of mind is to see the lack of opposites, its just another way of understanding such.  There are perhaps infinite paths to understanding this stuff so to say, don't get to caught up in your lineage.  It may even be wise to be open minded, drop what you've learned and take a dive into other "paths", experiment, it could be just what you need to round out awakening.

7 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

@tatsumaru What your calling wholeness is the same as what Leo is referring to as Oneness, so in that sense your debating semantics. 

There's still a lot you don't understand and I think shin may be pointing some of that.  Love/Bliss/Ecstacy of its own accord may be one of those things which you have not awakened much or at all to.

The emptying of mind is to see the lack of opposites, its just another way of understanding such.  There are perhaps infinite paths to understanding this stuff so to say, don't get to caught up in your lineage.  It may even be wise to be open minded, drop what you've learned and take a dive into other "paths", experiment, it could be just what you need to round out awakening.

When I asked Leo a week or so ago how do I surrender my center he suggested that I do concentration practice. Does that sound like an idea rooted in transcending the 6 senses to you? What would I concentrate on without my eyes?

It is clear to me that instead of letting go of duality people are imposing non-dual characteristics on duality and calling it transcendence. How is basing your idea of reality on your senses a transcendence of senses? Yes you are not calling them things anymore but you are still implying that wholeness is the unification of multiplication.

As such the wholeness I am referring to has nothing to do with removing borders of perceived things, unifying opposites, balancing out good and evil and whatever. This so called surrendering of self that most have accomplished here seems to be a shift of body identity towards universe identity. An ego delusion nonetheless.

Edited by tatsumaru

@tatsumaru Also the notion that there are 6 sense is still belief, its not direct experience and that the black hole experience you speak of is just metaphorically so, words right, to empty ones mind is to let go of the concepts of experience, including labels of so called 6 sense and beliefs about them and the knower of them.

Also If eternal mind is empty then now is empty mind..... hmmm

18 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

I am not debating, I am simply inquiring as to why you are holding on to the oneness identity. From your comments it doesn't seem more than obvious. It seems like you are in fact supporting this belief in merging of opposites or balancing of opposites into some sort of union. Feel free to correct me if that's not what you are supporting.

It's a belief/deep intuition right now cause I'm on Shin ego mod, but it wasn't when I was conscious of being God.

It's exactly like Leo says, except it's just words for you, go experience it, BE IT.

That's more interesting than talking about it xD 

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

2 minutes ago, tatsumaru said:

When I asked Leo a week or so ago how do I surrender my center he suggested that I do concentration practice. Does that sound like an idea rooted in transcending the 6 senses to you? What would I concentrate on without my eyes?

It is clear to me that instead of letting go of duality people are imposing non-dual characteristics on duality and calling it transcendence. How is basing your idea of reality on your senses a transcendence of senses? Yes you are not calling them things anymore but you are still implying that wholeness is the unification of multiplication.

As such the wholeness I am referring to has nothing to do with removing borders of perceived things, unifying opposites, balancing out good and evil and whatever.

Very wise, however don't get lost in "your beliefs" of what others intentions are, or lost in the ideas and labels of your own.  Like I said, its all the same in the end and even now.  What you perceive as wrong framing and idea's in others, while believing your correct framing is actually just a mental game, they are all idea's in the end, and even now.

When you see this, you will have a great laugh.