Husseinisdoingfine

Feel kind of obligated to learn Spanish.

6 posts in this topic

Greetings.

I've for the longest time have loved learning languages, so do not feel as if I'm forcing myself to do anything I don't want to do.

Anyways, I was filling out a job application and literally half of the application was in Spanish language. I just started Spanish on Duolingo, and when I progress far enough I'll buy a textbook.

I just feel as if living in the United States, Spanish is unavoidable. I remember in my first job we had a woman employee, and whenever a customer didn't speak English we would call her to speak Spanish to the customer.

Wish me luck boys...

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

I'm from Spain and it's a language I would not enjoy learning from scratch:D

Anyway it is as everything, practice, listening, learning and studying. Would really recommend u to study all verbal tenses. It's the only thing truly difficult. I'm telling u, if u master all the verbal tenses, u will just add new things from this base. If u don't do so u will not really understand the structure. The core of spanish are verbs and how u use them. Then u are good to go.

Edited by The Buddha

Posted (edited)

Te recomiendo hacer lo que la mayoría quiere evitar: encuentra a una persona o grupo de personas hispanohablantes y relaciónate con ellas. Eventualmente aprenderás a chapotear alguna que otra palabra, y empezarás a entender lo que dicen. Los libros de texto, francamente, no te los recomiendo.

Translation:

Talk to people, textbooks aren’t that useful for learning a language. 

You can also listen to audiobooks, watch shows and movies, and write essays on topics you’re interested in. I think you’d be better off with this strategy, to be honest. It’s more fun and probably more effective, too.

Edited by Arzola

“Self-interest is but the survival of the animal in us. Humanity only begins for man with self-surrender.” - Henri Amiel.