EnlightenmentBlog

Leo VS Jed McKenna

4 posts in this topic

Some thoughts from today's journaling. Thought they were cool.

Leo places greater emphasis on becoming aware of enlightenment through paying more attention to "now" and having realizations or epiphanies, while Jed places all of his eggs on eliminating everything else. I have to also give Leo credit that he's said about journaling, contemplation and self-inquiry and how those three combined are somewhat of a light spiritual autolysis. But he's never talked about those in any such light and he's never made the intellectual approach a valid path. If anything, from users of the forum you might see it's just the opposite.

I see that having the right techniques for yourself and looking at the right places you might have the realization of enl. Psychedelics, as Leo points out, are a particularly amazing tool. But this path is laid with countless traps. Because it's expanding. It's about learning more, doing more. It reaches Infinite Mind by expansion, that's what psychedelics are for, prolonged meditation retreats or even pursuing intellectually through journaling and contemplation. And then it flips over and becomes no-self. This path works upwards. And the rule FURTHER also applies.

Jed's path works by reduction. Anything you find, you destroy. How do you get to no-self? By destroying the self. It's simple and straightforward. But that’s what makes it harder. It's in a way a shortcut, but not really. And then when you become no-self, it loops back around and you become Infinite Mind. Now I see why Leo would make and talk about his path with Love and understanding and compassion, while Jed's is laid with anger and hatred. And when the loop reaches its influx point one integrates the other.

He actually taught a lot of techinques about deconstructing solidity/ego: self enquiry, noting, nety nety. All of them are about the same: going more meta, deconstruct reality

Edited by RedLine

Hello! Deconstructing the mind.

But you will not reach infinite consciousness using Jed's writing method. It's far too cerebral. You're more likely to just get lost in the mental masturbations of the ego-mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Had forgotten about those. I've really become short-sighted after subscribing to one technique for too long. But it's done some wonders for me since practicing brutal honesty and calling out my bullshit was never my strong suit.